Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Off topic; Pub, what are you drinking?10687

Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
For good measure, imna post this in the “What are you listening to?” thread, two birds with one stone. Film is expensive
Post 126 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@RexMuff Niiiice!!!!
Post 127 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Finally venturing out of my inner sanctum, imbibing a favorite malty brown ale on tap from No Frills Grill in East Fort Worth (only the Shadow knows the brew)...

Post 128 IP   flag post
Trying something new, 1/3 cup iced tea, 1/3 cup lemonade, 2 shots of Jack. Thinkin of callin it a Jack Palmer
Post 129 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user
Apple Martini while binge watching The Six Million Dollar Man
Post 130 IP   flag post

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user

Double Scotch while the wife watches “Blue Bloods”.
Post 131 IP   flag post
Just a follow-up to the “Jack Palmers” I was drinkin yesterday. Not bad, but not great, and with the pulp from the lemonade made it look like swamp water😂
Post 132 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff
Just a follow-up to the “Jack Palmers” I was drinkin yesterday. Not bad, but not great, and with the pulp from the lemonade made it look like swamp water😂

Maybe switch up the ratio a little? Less lemonade, maybe?
Post 133 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexMuff

Just name it "Swamp Thing". LOL
Post 134 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 135 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Finally😂That’s the best of the 4!

@00slim, I did tweak the ratio like you suggested... turns out, it’s just a shot of straight Jack followed by a sip of lemonade or iced tea, or anything really.🥃
Post 136 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Went to a kids party Saturday night, one of the uncles was a bartender making top-shelf Old Fashioned's. It's one of my favorite drinks even though I'm not an 84 year old woman. I always have Bourbon on hand so I went to the liquor store today and got the Orange bitters, Aromatic Bitters, Marachino cherries, came home and made the simple syrup. My Marachino cherries are common, the bartender had a $25 bottle of Brandy soaked cherries.
Post 137 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Went to a kids party Saturday night, one of the uncles was a bartender making top-shelf Old Fashioned's. It's one of my favorite drinks even though I'm not an 84 year old woman. I always have Bourbon on hand so I went to the liquor store today and got the Orange bitters, Aromatic Bitters, Marachino cherries, came home and made the simple syrup. My Marachino cherries are common, the bartender had a $25 bottle of Brandy soaked cherries.

Old Fashions are a favorite of mine. I complimented a bartender in Anaheim on how good his Old Fashioned was & he told me his recipe (and let me have 2 on the house).

Here’s His recipe:

2 oz of Bourbon
Roughly 1/4 oz of simple syrup
3-4 shakes of Aromatic bitters

(I JUST tried Orange bitters last night instead & it was a yummy alternative).

Muddle a good size orange peel into this mixture. (Just the outer flesh using a peeler, of course). And I suggest rimming the glass with a smaller peel.

Drop 3 large ice cubes in and stir for about 25 stirs.

Top it with more ice & stir again for 25 stirs.

And serve.

Garnish with a cherry if you choose.

I recommend either Maker’s Mark or Bullit Rye for an Old Fashioned. But if you have a Trader Joe’s Near you, in my opinion, this $15 whiskey is even better than Maker’s Mark for this specific drink.

Post 138 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim I will have to try making them for my wife. She orders them occasionally at one place that we go to that make them good.
I make her drinks at home which include the Godfather and a drink called a Poptart. I would like to add the Old Fashioned to my arsenal.
Post 139 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@00slim I will have to try making them for my wife. She orders them occasionally at one place that we go to that make them good.
I make her drinks at home which include the Godfather and a drink called a Poptart. I would like to add the Old Fashioned to my arsenal.

Let me know what ya think. I just updated the post to add specific whiskey recommendations.

The bartender I mentioned agreed with me that too many bartenders serve a fruit salad as opposed to a traditional Old Fashioned.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
New Amsterdam gin with seltzer. Very citrusy, with not as much juniper. Love this stuff
Post 141 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 142 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user

Have to give a shout out to two of my favorite breweries. The beer itself is from St. Arnold Brewery in Houston, TX. This is one of my favorite beers. Put it in the mug of small little brewery in Conroe, TX, Southern Star.
Post 143 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Any recommendations on a rye? Personally I can't stand the stuff, which is why I could use advice.
Post 144 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Any recommendations on a rye? Personally I can't stand the stuff, which is why I could use advice.

Bulleit Rye is very good.
Post 145 IP   flag post
ok cool, I've had the bourbon
Post 146 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
ok cool, I've had the bourbon

It’s very good in an Old Fashioned as well.
Post 147 IP   flag post
My pops has always loved rye. We used to go fishing for a week in Picton Ontario for a week that included fathers day. Him and the other geezers with cigars compared the rye's they got at the duty free and LC and what not.
Post 148 IP   flag post
This was a gift from the wife’s cousin. I’m a JD guy, and didn’t give it much thought, but it’s actually really good. Almost chocolatey, chocolatish, I don’t know, it tastes like chocolate
Post 149 IP   flag post
With no books to mess with I’ll kick it outside tonight instead of the basement.
Post 150 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Puckster How about ShinerBock? That was my friend's drink when he lived in Houston.
Post 151 IP   flag post
In honor of Friday's Eve...

Cheers!
Post 152 IP   flag post

I hear you @GAC! 🍻
Post 153 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Tonight,.. Heineken in a frosted mug.... or two or three.
Post 154 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I am more of a beer guy than a wine guy, but the wife has tomorrow off so we are just chilling outside on the back patio.

Post 155 IP   flag post
601218 310 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?