Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeMovies TelevisionPop Culture

The CW/DC Crossover event - "Crisis on Infinite Earths"10656

Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Is everyone getting excited for this as much as I am?

From the comic series we know the Flash and Supergirl die. Will DC be true to the original 80s series?

Anyone know what Black Lightning will take part in? Thunder? ...or any other character speculation?

I have heard rumors that there may be a possible Smallville role reprisal...yes?

Anyhow....looking forward to Sunday.

Best regards to all!
Tim
Post 1 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
From my understanding, there are supposed to be a few cameo appearances in "Crisis" including the Supes and Lois from "Smallville" and Brandon Routh as a Superman from another timeline.

I'm looking forward to it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I think this might be on netflix?? If so then I will watch.
Used to like the one with Rip Hunter and his time machine wasn't thrilled how they essentially wrote him out but was still fun to watch.
Post 3 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
And Kevin Conroy. Too bad I won’t be watching it due to CW shenanigans.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Just posted - a list of possible cameos on Crisis...

https://www.indiewire.com/2019/12/marc-guggenheim-interview-crisis-on-infinite-earths-arrow-cw-1202194754/

"Featuring guest appearances and cameos from actors who have played DC characters in non-Arrowverse properties, reprising their roles—such as “Smallville’s” Clark Kent, Tom Welling, and Kevin Conroy, who voiced Batman in “Batman: The Animated Series”—the crossover will also see Cress Williams’ Black Lightning (from “Black Lightning”) join an Arrowverse crossover for the first time ever, making this officially a six-show crossover."
Post 5 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I'm sure my kid will watch it. He keeps me updated on who's in a relationship with who on the CW shows. I figure this time we will finally see a character in a romantic relationship with the alternate earth version of themselves.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Well DC fans...the first hour of the cross-over is in the books - and I have to say - it was better than I expected.

No, I won't give out any spoilers, but will say....it is worth a watch.

I'd even throw out that the "Crisis Aftermath" (like The Talking Dead" format) - hosted by Kevin Smith, is worth a watching too.

Enjoy.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
(I'm trying to be a bit vague in this post. I don't want to spoil what my understanding of the event that took place. However, Spoiler alert!!!!!!!!)

If what is reported to have happened to Tom Welling/Clark Kent on Monday's Batwoman is true; it honored Smallville's take on the character. I find it refreshing, that in today's "everything has to be darker and grittier" b.s. comic universes that the show chose to highlight the values the Kents bestowed upon him. That they guided him to a decision that Smallville's Clark Kent would have made and did make. A decision that highlighted how important integrity, honor, and idealism are to the character. That's a powerful message.

I wonder how much the "He's not your dad's Superman anymore" crowd must have hated it.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater I was a big fan of Smallville and even though alot of fans will be split on the decision, I think it was a good and stayed true to his character. I like how smallville was a story about Clark Kent and basically had a Clark Kent ending.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I also like how they are using the "year" date to reference the different Earths.

Very cool.
Post 10 IP   flag post
601294 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?