Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

The Rise of Skywalker - Leak ?10609

COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Ummm, maybe the comic sales bubble is starting to have the air let out of it like many other "collectable" hobbies have seen over the last couple of years. Personally, I would welcome it. One could start going back to SDCC, and be able to move around. Wouldn't that be something?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
For those who saw the movie, were there any new trailers for upcoming MCU or comic movies? I was hoping Star Wars would introduce summer movie trailers that would jump-start the back issue sales for 2020.


Just the Black Widow Trailer.

They also played Christopher Nolan's Tenet. The preview captured one long sequence that I thought we walked into the wrong movie.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@brysb They remastered the original several years ago. You can get them on Blu-ray.


They have all of the changes Lucas made, not the unaltered original versions. Although I do already have that blu-ray set. I don't mind some of the changes when they enhance a scene, updated special fx for fight scenes, deathstar blowing up, etc. Parts I detest are the Jaba/Han added scene that looks bad, Jaba looks silly and nothing like how he later appears in ROTJ. The worst change of all is the end scene with the Jedi ghosts, changed original actors with prequel actors!
Post 28 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
@brysb Yeah, I stand corrected. My bluray set is the cut from around 2011ish. The only release of the original cut they ever made on DVD was on this set. I bought them when they came out, so I have no idea how much they'd cost on the aftermarket.





Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
@brysb Yeah, I stand corrected. My bluray set is the cut from around 2011ish. The only release of the original cut they ever made on DVD was on this set. I bought them when they came out, so I have no idea how much they'd cost on the aftermarket.







I remember it well. I bought these DVD's at Best Buy years ago but no longer have them. I was disappointed in the original versions that were included as extras...picture quality looked like VHS, taken I believe from an older Laser disc release? I wasn't impressed with the quality because no attempt was made to clean up the prints. But sadly, this is all we have left of the unaltered original trilogy on any digital format (except for LD).
Post 30 IP   flag post


CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, this and VHS are the only releases aside from laserdisk.
Now that Disney owns the rights, we have a better chance of getting a remastered digital release. However, Lucas may have a clause in the sale that says they can't do it. That wouldn't surprise me.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I've picked these bootlegs up at numerous conventions....I own the VHS copies too and all of the official releases on Blu Ray.




I saw it this afternoon, I enjoyed it....the editing was a bit choppy at times, bit it had nice twists and tied everything up nicely.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector EbaySeller private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Ummm, maybe the comic sales bubble is starting to have the air let out of it like many other "collectable" hobbies have seen over the last couple of years. Personally, I would welcome it. One could start going back to SDCC, and be able to move around. Wouldn't that be something?


I consider it a real possibility that we could look back on the months between the release of Endgame and 2019 SDCC as a temporary peak in comic investing. I think the more likely scenario is that the mid-range (not high-end) investor dollars will get spread out and the bubble/curve will flatten but widen. Money that might have been spent chasing 50 first appearances will get spread out chasing 250 first appearances.
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Did I miss something...just realized Finn told Rey "I have to tell you something" when they were sinking...did we ever find out what that was or did I miss it?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
Kind of belated, but I just got out to see it with my wife. We agreed that it was fine but not great. Walking back some of the stuff from 8 was weaksauce, and the fan service is a bit much in places. But it's still an enjoyable watch.

In case anyone is curious about current trailers, we saw Wonder Woman, Black Widow, and the Tenet trailer. Maybe something I'm forgetting.

@Paulbg2000 No, I don't think it came up again.

My one complaint, which is not a big spoiler but in case anyone is this deep in the thread and doesn't want to be spoiled...



The Final Order fleet being unable to leave the planet because they don't know which way is up is probably the stupidest thing in the series. When you get into sci-fi and fantasy there's a lot of disbelief you have to suspend, but believing that people can't figure out how to fly upward away from the ground is too far for me.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Ummm, maybe the comic sales bubble is starting to have the air let out of it like many other "collectable" hobbies have seen over the last couple of years. Personally, I would welcome it. One could start going back to SDCC, and be able to move around. Wouldn't that be something?


Dream on.

LOL
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
@Paulbg2000 I read somewhere that JJ Abrams said that he was going to tell Rey that he is Force Sensitive. Not that hes in love with her.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@gotham44 that makes sense with something in the movie.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by xkonk
Kind of belated, but I just got out to see it with my wife. We agreed that it was fine but not great. Walking back some of the stuff from 8 was weaksauce, and the fan service is a bit much in places. But it's still an enjoyable watch.

In case anyone is curious about current trailers, we saw Wonder Woman, Black Widow, and the Tenet trailer. Maybe something I'm forgetting.

@Paulbg2000 No, I don't think it came up again.

My one complaint, which is not a big spoiler but in case anyone is this deep in the thread and doesn't want to be spoiled...



The Final Order fleet being unable to leave the planet because they don't know which way is up is probably the stupidest thing in the series. When you get into sci-fi and fantasy there's a lot of disbelief you have to suspend, but believing that people can't figure out how to fly upward away from the ground is too far for me.
was it the same trailer we have already seen or something more?
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector xkonk private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town same one I've seen before. I think there's only one right now.
Post 40 IP   flag post
283003 40 15
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.
destitute