Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
You comic collectors usually have other collecting interests. So let's see your toy collections.

Or whatever else you have.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Amspider private msg quote post Address this user
Do you want to see what’s for sale or what’s NOT for Sale ??
Post 2 IP   flag post
Here’s mine.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amspider
Do you want to see what’s for sale or what’s NOT for Sale ??

Either or. If you are wanting to sell, maybe mark it as such.

The intention is just for fun, but you might have things people want.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

I have a few more Fossil Felix watches and a bunch of other Felix the Cat stuff.

The original tuxedo kitty!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Many Toys were showcased here if you’re interested in looking back.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have many toys, but this one will go with me to my grave.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector djmike74 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
My house is a mixture and more like a museum with a million cards, a million autographs, six thousand dinosaurs, a dinosaur skeleton, four dinosaur eggs, 10-12 thousand comics, a transformers collection, Marilyn Monroe, Legends marvel figures, etc

Its....its...its a dinosaur! And now you know why my cat Grimlock is named as the leader of the Dinobots!

No toys here , promise

The mighty fortress Maximus !

No toys here either!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

I have a few more Fossil Felix watches and a bunch of other Felix the Cat stuff.

The original tuxedo kitty!!!
Sometime if you are bored, google "Unsinkable Sam" great story, and Grimlock says tuxedo cats are the bomb
Post 11 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user

Here are some stuff I look for on my down time.
Post 12 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town

Anybody who has the original Jetfire transformer deserves 3 thumbs up.

As for unsinkable sam. That was pretty cool story. The wikipedia article suggested that the story may not be entirely accurate, but to be honest, I think that stories like that would serve to boost morale and would have a much more positive effect than a non embellished story.

Any way you look at it, its burned into the annals of the internet now.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Zombie_Head

Dumbest question of the night. First guess is arrow heads? However, it appears that some are too small to be useful in hunting.

Kindly educate the unenlightened....
Post 14 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmike74

YESS, Now we're talkin'! 1/6 scale Joe's are right up my alley.

Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town I think I mentioned this before, but I'd trade an AF#15 for that Turok diorama if I had one to trade...
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head

Here are some stuff I look for on my down time.

Superb collection, some of those have just stunning worksmanship…..what are some of the less obvious materials used....do you have any made from petrified wood, obsidian, or fossil bone?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Zombie_Head

Dumbest question of the night. First guess is arrow heads? However, it appears that some are too small to be useful in hunting.

Kindly educate the unenlightened....
I believe I saw spear heads, a few knives, multiple styles of arrow head, sewing needles, beads, even a few well worn grinders, scrapers, and utensils....he has to live close to a trail that was well used, or a former city site, that was used continously
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint_Monk
@Darkseid_of_town I think I mentioned this before, but I'd trade an AF#15 for that Turok diorama if I had one to trade...
I think it might be the only one like it in existence...it originally began as a fluke, having sent Martin Garratt in England an old Pyrite or Airfix dinosaur to repair, rebuild and paint...once I saw how it came out, it kept making me think of old Turok covers, with its vintage take on dinosaurs and pose etc.
I told Martin to keep the dinosaur in England and began scrounging for Indians..I knew I needed a large one from one set and a smaller one from a different set to create the effect of Turok and Andar....also no horses, no rifles, no headdresses, the Indians I wanted needed to have only spears or bows and arrows.....
Since I envisioned the dinosaur rising from a river or lake to menace the Indians, I wanted a canoe, that was secured to the bank and reason for the two to be going in that direction.

First the dinosaur was built and painted, then the base created...once the vegetation and sand were in place, he laid the resin water..and added the dinosaur, and canoe....when it was done he felt the area where the cliff was, was too barren and added the rocky area last...the nametag was requsted as part of the commission.

It is all the harder for me to visualize that the man who built and painted this was following my directions via email, and using Turok comic covers as his study materials. He never read a turok comic in his life that I know of....he was from England and comics were not his bag from what I knew. Here are some step by step shots for you since you enjoy it....
first the monster !!!

the base takes form !!

Turok and Andar are added

The sign...notice the blank area where the cliff face will be added...the artist felt it was too empty and needed something so he added the stone face

The man who did all the painting and basework etc, recently sent out an email that due to painful and recurring issues with arthritis he would not be accepting any further commissions until he could catch up and also find a method to deal with the issue. I was both saddened and grim to hear it...he did so many of the super detailed dinosaur models and bases you see in my pictures. He is a super genius at his work and a beloved friend and if he isn't able to return to this work we have indeed lost someone brilliant.
I keep this model in a glass enclosed cabinet, and treasure it. I have never seen another Turok and Andar diorama, model, figure or statue that is well done and detailed like mine...course many who collect Turok have no idea that he goes clear back to the early fifties and his four color origins...
Post 19 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Collected original art...

Margaret Brundage
Post 20 IP   flag post
Basil Wolverton, commissioned color cover reimagining from unused B&W Centaur submission...

Ryan Heshka
Post 21 IP   flag post
Second Basil Wolverton B&W submission to Centaur reimagined as color cover art, commissioned...

Ryan Heshka
Post 22 IP   flag post
Acquired from the Jerry Weist collection through Heritage...

Hannes Bok
Post 23 IP   flag post
Paperback cover painting for Ace double...

Kelly Freas
Post 24 IP   flag post
Interpretation of Captain America (oil painting)...

Donato Giancola
Post 25 IP   flag post
Original cover painting (pre-framing) Shadow Magazine, June 1, 1942...

George Rozen

Also the June 15, 1942 cover...

George Rozen
Post 26 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
There's not enough time in the day or space on this forum for me to display my collections.

Check out my Fred Ian oil paintings

and Ryan Brown sketches:

Post 27 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

1987. The first legacy samples of plush ninja turtles. This was the first set ever made from concept to reality as a test prototype sample set that was sent to Mirage for approval. Several other sets were made over the next few years and went into production. This set did not make the cut. It is the only one of its kind in existence, to this day. Improvements were made to the final approved versions for 1997, 2002, and 2005
Post 28 IP   flag post

The first 1988 Playmates Toys Catalog featuring the Ninja Turtles, for retailers.

I have 1988-1994 every edition, very very hard to track down, and at a good price.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Lootcrate gold edition SDCC Exclusive signed by the voice actor cast of Rick and Morty at the meet and greet panel with Adult Swim in 2017.

Post 30 IP   flag post
601502 39 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?