Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Once hot but now are not??10587

Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Soooo anyone remember Naomi #1 - looks like it has fallen pretty fast.

Any others you have noticed that were once hot but now are not??
Post 1 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Batman Damned is still worth something but nowhere near its peak.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

I need that one to tank.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Pamela Anderson.
Cindy Lauper.
Deborah Harry.
Brigitte Bardot.
Post 4 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@GanaSoth if Pam asks, I wouldn’t say no. We all know how talented she is on a boat.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector furlo316 private msg quote post Address this user
Cindi Lauper has improved with age, in my opinion.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Ms. Marvel #1 (1977) - should have sold mine last year

Avengers #62 (1969) - 1st Man-Ape - bombed after Black Panther movie
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
House of X and Powers of X?

It seems like demand has slowed down. Can anyone confirm my limited observations?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito

Thank God, cause I still need a good one. : )
Post 9 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
Pamela Anderson.
Cindy Lauper.
Deborah Harry.
Brigitte Bardot.

Cindy Lauper & Debbie Harry, still hot (musically) to me.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Pamela Anderson.
Cindy Lauper.
Deborah Harry.
Brigitte Bardot.

Sad but true.

Especially Bardot.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Ms. Marvel #1 (1977) - should have sold mine last year

Never was big on Avengers 62...flash in the pan character....
Ms. Marvel 1....might be leveling off from its leap into the stratosphere, but remember this entire set used to be readily available in quarter bins …..and it will only move back up more ….Brie Larson signed an eight picture deal for this role. Shes done maybe two from the contract so far...this character has plenty of room to move upwards.

Same could be said for x men 164 , which ramped up pretty fast on the movie spec, as first Binary and is almost level again...buy em cheap, they will return
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
Tmnt 95 has died pretty quick. Black Widow 1 from the Marvel Knights line was a quick flip too.Maybe when the trailer comes out it'll start up again
Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Darkseid_of_town That’s one thing I’m excited for from the Fox merger; they can introduce Mystique as a Captain Marvel villain and do the story where Carol is haunting Rogue from within her mind

Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Pamela Anderson.
Cindy Lauper.
Deborah Harry.
Brigitte Bardot.

I cant say much for Bardot, before my time but

Cindy Lauper has been a leading crusder in representing LGBT rights and causes and has been give quite a few awards for that work...shes currently worth 30 million..not bad by most standards

Deborah Harry....worth 20 million today and perhaps one of the most iconic singers of the eighties...but she is still quite relevant because, if you did not realize...

She invented the cinematic look utilized for our beloved Harley Quinn.....in her her early "Blondie" days...she might have cooled down but shes also been immortalized.

Pamela Anderson is or has been linked to Julian Assange? (Sp) the founder of wiki leaks if I remember right...once he holed up in an embassy for fear of arrest, its been Pamela visiting him, championing his cause and providing him support...odd role for the once mighty Baywatch star
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite
@Darkseid_of_town That’s one thing I’m excited for from the Fox merger; they can introduce Mystique as a Captain Marvel villain and do the story where Carol is haunting Rogue from within her mind

. I know right! That would be awesome and Mystique would be an epic villian for her.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Back to comics, didn’t New Avengers 27 flash for a month or two with Ronin?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Wolverine #80 a couple years back went from a dollar book to a $20-$25 book because people are dumb.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Heard some spec about Jeremy Renner being out at Marvel due to some public leaks about issues with his wife or some sort ...with no Ronin for the cinematic, the books might be lapsing. I am guilty of buying a copy of the book however...
Post 19 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Soooo anyone remember Naomi #1 - looks like it has fallen pretty fast.

Any others you have noticed that were once hot but now are not??

Naomi #1A raw is still $40-$50, if in great condition. Graded recent sales, 9.6: ~$100; 9.8: ~$140-150. But yes, that is down some from the hype ... I mean, peak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos

Yes. I just sold a 9.8 last week for $120. In May I sold one for $150, but that was already coming down. But what is REALLY down for this book are the 9.9s and 10.0s. WOW. Gem mint is so very rare in general, any comic will command a huge amount. Especially a hot book like this one. But people didn't realize how common they would be for Batman Damned. When I last looked, there were 1/3rd as many 10.0s as there are 9.8s, and 2/3rds as many 9.9s as 9.8s. Usually 9.9s are something on the order of 1/100 of the 9.8s.

So the first to market did really well. IIRC, they sold for around $1000. Now? I've had a 10.0 at MCS for almost six months, currently priced at $350. Someone else has one priced at $675. GPA 12-month is $350 and 90-day is $268. Recent sales on eBay are in the $300 range. (Although some genius has one of each cover for auction right now, but the main picture crops out the label. Gives the impression it is fake. I predict those sales will not go well for him/her.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
House of X and Powers of X?

It seems like demand has slowed down. Can anyone confirm my limited observations?

Yeah, I think so. Demand is still strong for House #1 and #2, main cover; and House seems to do better than Powers. Almost none of the variants seem to do anything, though there have been some big sales on the really nice art: the Putri connecting covers, and the Asrar Powers #3.

Recent sales for me: House #1 (main) 9.6 at auction, $44.00; 9.8 fixed price, $120 (Oct 30) and $120 (Nov 21). Also, House #2 (main) 9.8: $180. The rest of my sales were at auction and unremarkable.

I'd say the hype is definitely over, but collectors are steadily buying up all the deals and steals, and supply is drying up.

Also, back to the O.P., Shazam! #1 has a pretty significant glut right now. I think the $1000 9.8 days are over for a long while.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I meant to ask Ted, when you state prices for main is that the regular edition non variant? Just watching the info and trying to learn what I have and dont...
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

I found an NM in the Dollar Bin....had a hard time moving it on ebay listed at $6.99

Decided to hold onto it for now and maybe package with a Hawkeye #1 when the show launches.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Pamela Anderson.
Cindy Lauper.
Deborah Harry.
Brigitte Bardot.

Cindy Lauper has been a leading crusder in representing LGBT rights and causes and has been give quite a few awards for that work...shes currently worth 30 million..not bad by most standards

Deborah Harry....worth 20 million today and perhaps one of the most iconic singers of the eighties...but she is still quite relevant because, if you did not realize...

She invented the cinematic look utilized for our beloved Harley Quinn.....in her her early "Blondie" days...she might have cooled down but shes also been immortalized.

Pamela Anderson is or has been linked to Julian Assange? (Sp) the founder of wiki leaks if I remember right...once he holed up in an embassy for fear of arrest, its been Pamela visiting him, championing his cause and providing him support...odd role for the once mighty Baywatch star

Wow just wow!! Hands down Deborah wore it better - that Clown chick for me just ruins a scene
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid

Also, back to the O.P., Shazam! #1 has a pretty significant glut right now. I think the $1000 9.8 days are over for a long while.

Wasn't Shazam #1 a heavily speculated book when it came out?
Post 24 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I meant to ask Ted, when you state prices for main is that the regular edition non variant? Just watching the info and trying to learn what I have and dont...

Yep! Main cover. I was trying shorthand, but I guess I got too short there.

FYI, both numbers 1 had store variants, too, in addition to the Retailer Incentive and other variant covers. I don't know how those have done, generally speaking, as they have been slow to come out and get graded. I know of a few that had defects, and had to go back to the printer.

Also, all the Huddleston 1:10 variants have been quite disappointing. I don't think Marvel RI variants do very well any more, in general. I think there's something fishy with the way they produce and count them ... there seem to be a awful lot more than the ratios would suggest, in general (across ALL their comics).
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Iron Man 55
Fantastic Four 45
Post 26 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid

Wasn't Shazam #1 a heavily speculated book when it came out?

Huh ... I have no idea. It was before my time (by just a little bit). At least the comic was ... I did watch the TV show when it was playing.
Post 27 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Pamela Anderson.
Cindy Lauper.
Deborah Harry.
Brigitte Bardot.

Blondie's last album, Pollinator, was one of their best to date. Long Time is an excellent song:

Post 28 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I think it can be easy to get fooled from September to January. I wouldn't give up on much of anything until Star Wars hits the theaters and we start to see trailers for the upcoming movies. I think Enthusiasm peaked in the summer and we're in a lull right now.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Quote:
Pamela Anderson.
Cindy Lauper.
Deborah Harry.
Brigitte Bardot.

Wow just wow!! Hands down Deborah wore it better - that Clown chick for me just ruins a scene
I am perpetually amazed how cyclical some things are...Deborah coined her look early on in her "Blondie" persona days, perhaps even as far back as the late seventies, and yet a few years ago at Halloween, half the girls out there went out dressed up like she did back then not even aware of who created the look first
Post 30 IP   flag post
600882 116 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?