CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Modern Age

New Collection Theme: Reflection Covers1057

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
After seeing @MR_SigS collection of "surrounded" covers I've been on a search for my own theme to start collecting. I've finally decided that the theme will be covers that feature a closeup of a character and other characters "off camera" (for lack of a better term) reflected in the characters weapons/helmet/visor/etc. The most famous one of these covers is probably Hulk #340, and the first addition to my collection is this variant of TMNT #22 which is an homage to Hulk #340.




If anyone wants to post covers that fit this motif to help in my search please feel free. Here is a list of some I have already identified.

Hulk #340
TMNT(IDW) #22 variant
Astonishing X-Men #57
Spawn #226
Marvel Zombies #3
Predator vs Judge Dredd vs Aliens #1,2,3
JLA #52
Amazing Spider-Man #346
Web of Spider-Man #15
Katana #7
Justice League 3001 #7
Post 1 • IP   flag post
Collector leesoul21 private msg quote post Address this user


Batman #205. I saw this two days ago so it was fresh in my mind.
Post 2 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@leesoul21 nice!
Post 3 • IP   flag post
Collector leesoul21 private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego thanks! I'm leaving the house and just remembered, there's a couple of ASMs with Doc Oc that would fit the theme; I wanna say an early ASM 50ish and 670ish. Sorry not more helpful, I know if didn't post now I'd completely forget by the time I can look haha.
Post 4 • IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Teen titans rebirth #1



You might consider limiting your criteria. I can think of 3 or 4 more modern books that just came out with your theme.
Post 5 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Took a stroll through the ASM universe and came up with these. I actually already have ASM311 and forgot about it.



































Post 6 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Here's one, a famous one:


Post 7 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@Revelations I don't know why I would want to limit it, it's already a pretty strict set of criteria, and half the fun is finding new ones. I actually have Teen Titans Rebirth on pre-order, I had forgotten about that one.
Post 8 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 9 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 13 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I know you listed a couple of the covers I posted; I just thought it'd be cool to have the images posted in the thread.
Here's another one:


Post 14 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 15 • IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user



I could be wrong but Hulk #340 seems to be homaged quite a bit.
Post 16 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 17 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Actual mirrors don't really fit my criteria. The reflection needs to be a part of the character in focus through costume or weaponry, but some cool covers regardless.
Post 18 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 19 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user

Post 20 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JLS_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Ok last one haha I'm getting carried away but I find it fun


Post 21 • IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@Revelations I don't know why I would want to limit it, it's already a pretty strict set of criteria, and half the fun is finding new ones. I actually have Teen Titans Rebirth on pre-order, I had forgotten about that one.


There are probably thousand of covers with your theme. Imo, that's just a little much for a collection theme. haha.
Post 22 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelations
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
@Revelations I don't know why I would want to limit it, it's already a pretty strict set of criteria, and half the fun is finding new ones. I actually have Teen Titans Rebirth on pre-order, I had forgotten about that one.


There are probably thousand of covers with your theme. Imo, that's just a little much for a collection theme. haha.

We shall find out.
Post 23 • IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user












This is a hardcover

Post 24 • IP   flag post
Collector Wreq27 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 25 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 26 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 28 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 • IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user

Post 30 • IP   flag post
657131 40 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?