Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes No idea who broke it but The Hollywood Report wrote about it at about 2:00 yesterday afternoon.

Channing Tatum, Roy Lee Team to Adapt Sam Kieth Comic 'The Maxx' (Exclusive)
clickable text

"It is unclear if Free Association and Vertigo’s adaptation will be a series or feature. The producers are actively meeting with writers and filmmakers to find the right take for the material."
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Channing Tatum? Everyone sell your copies while the going is hot.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Channing Tatum? Everyone sell your copies while the going is hot.

I don't think he'll be acting in it. I'm hopeful he just liked the comic growing up and wants to help with the production.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Is he going to make this movie just like he did gambit?
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
Is he going to make this movie just like he did gambit?

either way it was worth the price and potential for me. The newsstand edition has been going around $350-400 in 9.8 before this was announced.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders yeah, I was just taking a shot at Tatum cuz I really wanted the gambit movie.
Post 31 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
LOL...Found a couple still bagged with the cards in a box in my garage. I know I have at least 20 more and a ton of other Image stuff in my storage. I didn't know the newsstand stuff was selling for so much. I have to keep an eye out

Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
With this announcement maybe we are sveral leaps closer to the Liefeld Image properties being brought to the big screen.

To be serious for a second, I would like to see a Shadowhawk movie though. I've always thought this was an underrated cover.

I like that cover as well, all 30 of mine, dont ask its too long of a story this early
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
I feel cheated ..Jumped on ebay and bought 2 extra , clearly they must have already heard the Channing Tatum news. they were only $10 and $11 including shipping

Uh thats got to be it...right? uh ahem guys....fellas

Is this thing on? *tap* *tap testing 1 2

EEK !!!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
Heads up people the first apperence of maxx is now this, sorry thought id give ya the heads up! The Maxx #1 ugh...
Post 35 IP   flag post
@Duece411 I still believe darker image 1 is the first appearance of the Maxx based on the below information.

Here's the link to Sam Keith's blog:

clickable text

So although the Maxx #1 was published first, the Maxx was first drawn for Darker Image 1 which was published afterwards and as @DrWatson said is the first app.

It's also more desirable to me since I have 6 copies of Maxx #1 (none above a 9.0 though).
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks bud! ✌
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
it sold like 1 million copies so its basically a $20 book all day
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece411
Heads up people the first apperence of maxx is now this, sorry thought id give ya the heads up! The Maxx #1 ugh...

hehehe...I saw this too...Not disputing the fact, just CGC and CBCS have both been labeling this as 1st appearance for a while.

Post 39 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duece411

So The Maxx is Image's Gambit?
For me it would be whichever issue hit the public's hands first, like X-Men Annual 14 before X-Men 266.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I think that cover makes it look like he spent a week eating at Chipotle's.
The green Glow in the Dark makes it look like he's just ill lol
Post 41 IP   flag post
Good thing it wasn't drawn by S. Platt, signing it under "THE MAXX"
Post 42 IP   flag post
@Siggy you're on a roll!
Post 43 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I think that cover makes it look like he spent a week eating at Chipotle's.
The green Glow in the Dark makes it look like he's just ill lol

That's all I see now when looking at that cover!!
Post 44 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
I just checked my spreadsheet; I have one copy of each, both main cover direct raws. The Darker Image signed by Loebs.
I’ll sit this one out.
Post 45 IP   flag post
600440 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?