Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Duece411 private msg quote post Address this user
What is first apperence of Maxx? Anyone help me out?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KCBatmanFan private msg quote post Address this user
I think it’s “Primer” #5 - Published by Comico
Post 2 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Darker Image #1 (3/1993)
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Read this; Click for the Maxx
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Darker Image #1....get em before they spike!!!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Why what's happening with the Maxx!?!?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Thanks!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Movie...
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Glad I bought a full run of the maxx including darker image 1 about a month ago for my personal collection.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Just got mine whew!... thanks guys!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
There was a darker image ashcan
Post 11 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Well, brush my teeth and call me Smiley, I have an untouched OO copy.
Post 12 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I'll have to dig out my 20+ copies.....Maybe they'll actually sell now 😉
Post 13 IP   flag post
Thanks for the post and the replies, I just purchased this and hopefully it will arrive soon.

Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Thanks for the post and the replies, I just purchased this and hopefully it will arrive soon.

can I ask what it sold for?
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
I read this post and went out and grabbed a DI on eBay just in case...figured it probably spiked already, but maybe it'll double...then I realized 2 things :

1)I already have the book in 9.8 and didnt even remember until I just found it
2) I spent 75.00 for another 9.8 and after taxes and shipping it ran me about 95.00...if the book doubles ...after eBay fees...I may clear 30.00 for a heck of a lot of work and time...

And ...who from this group did I give my MAXX 1's to for free last year when I cleared out my collection?

#Iwantthemback
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
I guess I'll have to dig out my 20+ copies.....Maybe they'll actually sell now 😉

Nothing like a $ .50 book becoming the next hot thing because of a movie announcement.

According to Comichron Darker Image 1 was the 8th biggest seller with the Maxx #1 being the 12th biggest seller of the year.
clickable text

I couldn't find Darker Image's sales numbers for March. However, Comichron puts the Maxx #1 direct sales numbers between 1 and 1.1 million. clickable text

The good news for anyone who wants a copy of the regular issue is that My Comic Shop still has NM copies of Darker Image for 1.60 each, or they were when I check 5 minutes ago.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
Towmater...it's ridiculous...I literally gave them away when I cleared out my 19 long boxes last year...most of my books I gave away on these boards. My wife was like "why are you getting rid of those' and my response: "I promise you..none of these will ever be worth a dime...just clearing out garbage"....reminds me of when I cashed out my 401 to invest in euro Disney back in the day...now I'm sitn home with no money and 1000 copies of secret wars 2..and dont even get me started on the 5000 shares of Ripple that I bought at 1.40
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrashSmurf
There was a darker image ashcan

and a Gold Foil issue and a platinum issue too. I think the different colored Maxx #1 ashcans are going to see increases in prices too. There were 4 of them - blue/red/yellow/black. I've never seen a black one in person. Its a unicorn.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher
Towmater...it's ridiculous...I literally gave them away when I cleared out my 19 long boxes last year...most of my books I gave away on these boards. My wife was like "why are you getting rid of those' and my response: "I promise you..none of these will ever be worth a dime...just clearing out garbage"....reminds me of when I cashed out my 401 to invest in euro Disney back in the day...now I'm sitn home with no money and 1000 copies of secret wars 2..and dont even get me started on the 5000 shares of Ripple that I bought at 1.40

I checked eBay's prices - yikes! Will people pay 20.00 soon for a raw copy? Unreal.

I would like to type Congrats to Sam Kieth though. I've always liked the way he draws!
Post 20 IP   flag post
With this announcement maybe we are sveral leaps closer to the Liefeld Image properties being brought to the big screen.

To be serious for a second, I would like to see a Shadowhawk movie though. I've always thought this was an underrated cover.

Post 21 IP   flag post
@BrianGreensnips about $34 with tax and shipping. I won't know if it's worth it until I invest another $30 on pressing and grading. It was the only newsstand on eBay at the time. Several others that appear in lower grade have popped up since.

Also it isn't mine until it's in hand, hopefully it'll ship soon.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I tossed out several long boxes back in the day that were full of Image and Defiant comics. I'm guessing there were easily a dozen copies of Darker Image #1 in those boxes.

At the time, they were best used as birdcage liners.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

Nice newsie. Trying to find the earlier Image 1's in high grade newsstand is not easy. This one took me a while as well as Wetworks 1.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I am curious who broke the news about the Maxx? Certain locations consistently break news and then when its wrong they hide behind the shield of "speculation".
Post 25 IP   flag post
@Hcanes No idea who broke it but The Hollywood Report wrote about it at about 2:00 yesterday afternoon.

Channing Tatum, Roy Lee Team to Adapt Sam Kieth Comic 'The Maxx' (Exclusive)
clickable text

"It is unclear if Free Association and Vertigo’s adaptation will be a series or feature. The producers are actively meeting with writers and filmmakers to find the right take for the material."
Post 26 IP   flag post
Channing Tatum? Everyone sell your copies while the going is hot.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Channing Tatum? Everyone sell your copies while the going is hot.

I don't think he'll be acting in it. I'm hopeful he just liked the comic growing up and wants to help with the production.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
Is he going to make this movie just like he did gambit?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bige31
Is he going to make this movie just like he did gambit?

either way it was worth the price and potential for me. The newsstand edition has been going around $350-400 in 9.8 before this was announced.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600653 45 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?