Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

10 Most Successful R-Rated Comic Book Movies10528

Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Yes, I wish Sin City were on there. I love the original.

https://youtu.be/Fl7JSYJNGmo
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
300 was Synder's start to comic movies. He follows it up with Watchmen and thinks he has the secret to success. Dark, edgy, more dark, more edgy. Not every story needs to be dark and edgy. However, he chose to stay in the dark and edgy area when doing Superman. Gotta be different. He destroyed any hope of Clark being anything but the whinny crybaby his Superman films delivered to the audience.

I'm glad they turned Diana over to someone else.

I like Constantine. Yes, it could have been better but I liked the Peter Stormare as Lucifer.

You do realize that the Nolan Bros played a big part in Man of Steel, right? Off the success of the Dark Knight Trilogy? A dark and 'realistic' (as real as comic characters can be) take on the genre? Ring any bells?

Man of Steel was a take on modern 'what if Superman existed today'? And nailed it. He's not your dad's Superman who's existed for 75 years (at the time).

Oh, and Superman was perfectly in good spirits for Man of Steel, and did save lives. Despite just learning how to fly, meeting his dad's avatar and learning about his heritage, etc etc etc. It was an origin story.

P.S. Zack Snyder played a big part in Wonder Woman, too.

As you stated he nailed a whinny, confused, sulking, and crybaby Superman in his films. Then continuing down the path you defend and seem to enjoy, i.e., darker/edgier, he cast Ben Affleck as Batman. So, the guy messed up Batman and Superman. He was the executive producer on the ultra hot mess Suicide Squad movie which I see you conveniently forgot to mention in your post. Yep, another feather in his cap.
Post 27 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
As you stated he nailed a whinny, confused, sulking, and crybaby Superman in his films. Then continuing down the path you defend and seem to enjoy, i.e., darker/edgier, he cast Ben Affleck as Batman. So, the guy messed up Batman and Superman. He was the executive producer on the ultra hot mess Suicide Squad movie which I see you conveniently forgot to mention in your post. Yep, another feather in his cap.

Lol you can't even provide a single example of these allegations, can you? I'm betting that you saw the movie(s) once, didn't like that it's not Superman from the 1940's, and have never watched with an open mind. That's really all you had to tell me.

He actually nailed The Dark Knight Returns. But, you either don't know about that series, or don't like it.

"Not my Superman" and "not my Batman" are not proper criticisms of these movies. Consider opening your mind.

Also, the higher-ups at WB along with the Director, threw out Snyder's map for Suicide Squad. His idea didn't have them going after Enchantress - rather, Enchantress was to be their 'Hulk' to defeat Steppenwolf and the Parademons prior to Justice League. The scene with Wayne meeting Waller is one of the only Snyder pieces that they kept.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer Rocketeer and The Phantom over Deadpool and Kingsmen personally
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

True. I rewatched the Phantom a few weeks ago. It's a shame that franchise never took off. Then maybe we would have gotten a new flash Gordon movie and then a Defenders of the Earth teamup
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:

I had never even heard of these before...
Post 31 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus you must be young
Post 32 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66

Yeah, The Phantom was Mid 90's and I wan to say the Rocketeer was late 80's(?)
Post 33 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@KYoung_1974 yeah rocketeer'91, phantom'96
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
@KYoung_1974 yeah rocketeer'91, phantom'96

You're right. I was confused for a minute because I had Rocketeer type game for my Commodore 64 (Rocket Ranger) that came out in the late 80's. It probably took inspiration from the old Rocketeer comics, but in my memory it was a game based on the movie.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:

Lets just say I was 1-year old when one of these movies came out...
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
Quote:

True. I rewatched the Phantom a few weeks ago. It's a shame that franchise never took off. Then maybe we would have gotten a new flash Gordon movie and then a Defenders of the Earth teamup

If you liked that DOE cartoon, Pluto TV (a free app) has channels where they show that.

I watched a little of it, and it didn't age well, but that's probably true of most 80s cartoons.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
Quote:
Originally Posted by KYoung_1974
Quote:

If you liked that DOE cartoon, Pluto TV (a free app) has channels where they show that.

I watched a little of it, and it didn't age well, but that's probably true of most 80s cartoons.

Sweet! I'll take a look. Thanks
Post 38 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
300 and Deadpool for me
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I ambivalent about it mostly, although I would prefer Deadpool had never been done a 2nd time and hopefully wont be a third time...there are only so many comic teams and heroes one franchise can be responsible for completely ruining
Post 40 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I ambivalent about it mostly, although I would prefer Deadpool had never been done a 2nd time and hopefully wont be a third time...there are only so many comic teams and heroes one franchise can be responsible for completely ruining

Deadpool 3 is allegedly eyeing a 2022 release date. Miller doesn't seem interested in completing the trilogy, though.
Post 41 IP   flag post
598013 41 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?