Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Certified Comics For Sale

2 keys for sale: TEC 359 and Next Men 2110526

Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I don't really want to sell these books but here we are.

Everything shipped USPS Priority Mail 2-3 day with signature confirmation, tracking and insurance. PM me if you have questions or concerns.

Detective Comics 359 CGC 6.0

last sale: $780 09/2019
12 month avg: $799
Asking $775 shipped

John Byrne's Next Men 21 CGC 9.8

last sale: $320 11/2019
12 month avg: $311
Asking $310 shipped

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
That is no longer the first appearance off Hellboy. More like first appearance in color.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
have either of them been pressed?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
have either of them been pressed?

Next Men 21 was purchased slabbed already so your guess is as good as mine.

TEC 359 i just got back from CGC and I never had it pressed. Here are the graders notes:

light creasing to cover
light staining to cover
moderate spine stress lines to cover
Post 4 IP   flag post
One more for sale

Asking $485 shipped. Thanks for looking.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector rmgebhardt private msg quote post Address this user
With Next Men 21 no longer being the "official" first appearance of Hellboy, I'm seeing 9.8's of this issue selling in the $225 to $250 range if you look at completed sales on Ebay/Mercari/etc.

I'm thinking it'll continue to drop a bit with time as the "new" first appearance is socialized into the collector world.

If you're willing to part with the Next Men 21 for around $200-$210, I might bite, but I don't think you'll see 9.8's selling over $250 any more going forward for a while.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
One sold this month over 300 so I think book is priced well. Not everyone keeps up with latest sells so 250 I def could see u getting. Just my 2 cents
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgebhardt
I don't think you'll see 9.8's selling over $250 any more going forward for a while.

Certainly not if people advertise them for $200-$210.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector rmgebhardt private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverogers11
One sold this month over 300 so I think book is priced well. Not everyone keeps up with latest sells so 250 I def could see u getting. Just my 2 cents

I mean, you can always get lucky and someone might overpay. Frankly, that's what I always hope for when I'm selling :-) But you have to be able to wait things out. So if you're looking for more immediate sales, you need to look at what the general floor and average is for completed sales. I ran into this a bit myself when I wanted to move a bunch of Walking Dead books to help pay for house upgrades--I wish I could get what people were listing them at on ebay, but what was more likely (and what happened) is you get what the low end of completed sales prices are if you want them to move relatively quickly.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Joined The Club Steverogers11 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmgebhardt
I don't think you'll see 9.8's selling over $250 any more going forward for a while.

Certainly not if people advertise them for $200-$210.
prob u should had prob said something about price in a PM
Post 10 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I have one copy of Next Men #21 9.8 and I love it. I'd never sell it for less than $300 personally ... much prefer this issue to the SDCC "first appearance" issue.

There were a couple Hellboy tryouts before SDCC too. The way I see it, Next Men #21 is the first real comic book appearance. But I understand that some people prefer the SDCC for this. Anyway, I also love that he's in color AND on the cover.

I got lucky with my copy. Bought a 9.6 that hadn't been pressed ($208 shipped in Feb), got it signed by Mignola and pressed, and it came back a 9.8! Very happy to have it. Sorry you have to sell yours, @the420bandito, but you'll get it back one day.
Post 11 IP   flag post
598072 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?