Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern Age

Weekly Cover Contest #168 Keeping it Holy, Priests and Nuns10503

Collector seanw private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift Thanks! I didn't know the meaning of PAX CHRISTI before...now it makes more sense to me.

This series is a spin-off from Warrior Nun Areala.

@Mountie73 Thank you! Your entry is cool too...never seen the pope on a comic cover before this.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Pax Christi would mean “peace of Christ.”
Post 52 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers

Your right too. The word Pax came from kissing a tablet depicting the crucification or the kiss of peace. Christi meaning Christ
It’s also the name of a religious group.
I interpreted it, looking at the picture and what was about to happen.
I probably stretched the interpretation a little but we’re all on the same page. 🖖
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
@Gotlift Not to be overly pedantic, but as a writer I get passionate about precision in language.

Pax is simply the Latin word for peace, and predates Jesus by centuries. It was later appropriated as a synonym for tablets (as you say), or crucifixes or reliquaries. Peace being a fairly big deal in Christianity, the word got spread around a lot, particularly in the early days of the church. But its roots have nothing to do with Jesus.

Having typed all that, I feel like it might come off as heavy on the jackassery. Didn’t mean it as such (tone being famously hard to convey online), just splitting a friendly hair.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers

None taken We all have different ways of seeing things.. (chevy vs. ford for instance) and on this site I find we don't bicker that's why I like this place and it's people..
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 56 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanw

A series called "Warrior Nun Areala" was so successful that they made a spin-off series? Good grief, I am so not up to date on modern comics. I really am getting old.
Post 57 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

A series called "Warrior Nun Areala" was so successful that they made a spin-off series? Good grief, I am so not up to date on modern comics. I really am getting old.

It going to be a Netflix show too.
Post 58 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Has to be some priests or nuns in the crowd yes!!??? If not that's an in ordinate amount of crosses for the general public!!!

Post 59 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 60 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Time to vote for your favorite (un)holiest cover.
Post 61 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:

Warrior Nun Areala came out in 1994. There have been several spin-off titles from the series. Warrior Nun Dora is the current one.
Post 62 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Voted. Thank God it wasn't for pressing companies.
Post 63 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Voted...1st pick was easy, Second and Third took a while.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Voted 👍
Post 65 IP   flag post
Come on and vote. Papa needs a new pair of shoes!
Post 66 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Come on and vote. Papa needs a new pair of shoes!

I need a new truck.
Post 67 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Pretty dam.., sorry, darn close. The cover by @seanw currently has 20 votes, but three other covers also have double digit votes. Please vote early (but not often).
Ed
Post 68 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Voted.
Post 69 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Voted. Good luck to the leaders.
When I picked this topic, I thought of a few other covers that I figured would be posted. Since no one posted them, and they can't count for this week's contest now, here they are.

Post 70 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
@seanw Wins
Post 71 IP   flag post
@seanw
Post 72 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
@seanw Well deserved...Awesome cover!
Post 73 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
New Contest incoming?
Post 74 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
I wanted to make an apology to everyone for my recent actions during this latest contest. I overreacted (that’s understating it) to a post concerning a few submissions that were entered this past week. Also I’d like to make an apology to @Paint_Monk. My passive-aggressive comment that included a quote from your honest question about the covers was not only juvenile on my part, but unwarranted as well. I genuinely am sorry about this & hope that my rash actions and comments haven’t upset or deterred you in any way.
Post 75 IP   flag post
We all have our moments. No big deal.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats @seanw!
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombiebigfoot thanks but not necessary. While my question was indeed an honest one, it's often hard to determine someone's tone from words on Facebook or social media threads.

Kudos to @seanw for the win.
Post 78 IP   flag post
@seanw - Congratulations on the win. Now comes your no-prize - you get to figure out a new theme and post it!

PS - nice showing @brysb
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector Dshel61 private msg quote post Address this user
New contest yet?
Post 80 IP   flag post
600892 81 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?