Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL Week 11 Thread & Picks10488

I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I am supposed to post this, sorry for getting it up late, and good luck to everyone!

Post 1 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
In a strange series of events, all favorites win this week. No surprises at all. Weird, I know.

Post 3 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Well, if nothing else, I learned how to copy and edit a picture on a tablet thanks to this thread. I’m going completely by gut this week. If a few of my picks seem highly unlikely, just blame the meds. LOL

Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Wish I could take the Lions this week, but I am guessing that Stafford will not be playing. Hopefully they will get it done for me, since this is the last game I will be attending this year, but I’m not holding my breath.

Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
My hope for TNF is for a meteor to strike Cleveland and eliminate both teams, but I'll settle for the Clowns at home. Bungles keep the streak alive in Oakland. SF, DAL, NO, and LAR all have bounce back games. HOU vs BAL should be a good one.

Post 6 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
HOU vs BAL should be a good one.

Lamar has a lot of hype he needs to live up to. I imagine HOU is gonna get a whoopin.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Brutal week last week. Hoping for better this week.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Wow,.. So far there are 3 picks for Washington over the Jets. As much as I would love to see that, I'm going with the Jets.

EDIT: The WASH defense may show up, but I'm speculating their typical Keystone Cop offense will on hand as well.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I only got 5 games correct last week which is really bad. So I would normally take the Steelers so that means I will actually take the Browns tonight. More picks to come. Browns to win. I pridict OBJ to have a good game tonight.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Wow,.. So far there are 3 picks for Washington over the Jets. As much as I would love to see that, I'm going with the Jets.

EDIT: The WASH defense may show up, but I'm speculating their typical Keystone Cop offense will on hand as well.

The secret might be in Haskins first start, he has lots of talent assuming he doesnt throw 3 picks.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Gerrett from the Browns should be kicked out of the NFL tonight.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Gerrett from the Browns should be kicked out of the NFL tonight.

Agreed. I’m glad to see that Mayfield didn’t try to play it down.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
He should never be allowed to play in this country again- That was assault with a weapon. Ripping the damn thing off the way he did was enough to suspend him for the year, but then taking advantage of that to hit him with his own helmet? It's criminal.
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Siggy That made me sick, what a lude display of human quality. Minimum 1 year suspension without pay and an apology at the very least. Browns owner should release him.

A blowout win with 8 seconds left, why is this guy even doing this?! Game over, GG, leave the stadium.
...or commit a criminal action by using a reinforced helmet as a bludgeon. Jesus christ...
Post 16 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley @BrianGreensnips We were the only people to pick the Browns, yet somehow I feel like we lost rooting for the team with the attempted murder.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@Studley_Dudley @BrianGreensnips We were the only people to pick the Browns, yet somehow I feel like we lost rooting for the team with the attempted murder.

If that's attempted murder maybe I should've pressed charges against the guy who hit me in the back of the head with a coconut.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I was watching the Post Game, and Keyshawn Johnson made a good point that if the crown of the helmet had hit him, we'd probably be having a very different conversation.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I don't like both teams, and I especially despise the Steelers. So, I am glad the Steelers lost. Unfortunately, the defensive effort the Browns put forth last night, and every other aspect of the game, will be completely overshadowed by what transpired in the last 11 seconds. Garrett will/should be suspended for the remainder of the year. Pouncey will probably get a game for throwing punches and kicks. What an ugly end.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Even when the Browns win, they lose. Talk about self defeating! With their best player on defense sure to be gone for the season, their chances for a turnaround look meager, despite having a soft schedule the rest of the way.

As for Mason Rudolph, he comes out of this game as the victim, instead of the focus being on how terrible he played. On a night when the Steelers lost their best RB and WR to injury early in the game, every player on the team played well enough for the Steelers to win, except Rudolph. He was absolutely horrible in that game! Hard to see the Steelers doing anything down the stretch with him at QB. He’s got to be a little relieved that the disgraceful ending will become the talking point instead of just how badly he stunk it up!
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I was watching the Post Game, and Keyshawn Johnson made a good point that if the crown of the helmet had hit him, we'd probably be having a very different conversation.

Exactly the reason why MG should be suspended PERMANENTLY. Criminal assault with total lack of self control that could happen again. Totally inexcusable!
Post 22 IP   flag post
There is precedent for a permanent ban. Marty McSorley was suspended indefinitely by the NHL for a 2000 incident when he slashed Donald Brashear in the head with his stick which resulted in Brashear receiving a grade 3 concussion. He was also charged and convicted of assault with a deadly weapon. He received a year long suspension after his conviction which essentially ended his hockey career. Subsequently, most North American minor leagues, and all the European professional leagues decided to uphold the NHL's suspension and did not allow him to play for any of their respective teams (edit: exception being Grand Rapids in 2001 for a handful of games).

Rudolph has a case to be made if he wanted to file assault charges. I'm pretty sure I would. What transpired was completely outside the scope of a football game.
Post 23 IP   flag post
What’s really ticking me off is how some people are trying to spin this like Rudolph was the aggressor. Garrett started the whole thing by taking Rudolph to the ground after the pass. It was a late hit at the very least. So yeah, Rudolph reacted, but he didn’t start squat in my mind.

Edit - maybe not a late hit, and maybe not even a foul. But when you have won the game and there are 8 seconds left, there is no need for taking him to the ground.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Steven A. Smith (NFL analyst) is spewing that the discipline will be harsher on Myles Garrett because he is black. Steven A - always bringing racism into the mix.
Post 25 IP   flag post
I think the race card is the only card Garrett has in his hand in this situation. What happened is indefensible and inexcusable. I don’t know if a permanent ban is forthcoming, but at the very, very least he will be suspended for the rest of the year, maybe even into next season. Also, I agree that there are grounds for legal action to be taken here.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Per ESPN, Garrett has been suspended indefinitely, Ogunjobi one game, and Pouncey for three games.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Per ESPN, Garrett has been suspended indefinitely, Ogunjobi one game, and Pouncey for three games.

I think Pouncey is going to appeal, maybe get it down to 2 games.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Steven A. Smith (NFL analyst) is spewing that the discipline will be harsher on Myles Garrett because he is black. Steven A - always bringing racism into the mix.

Well of course he is. It's easier to spew HIS hate than to research similar incidents. I find it very convenient that he forgets Marty McSorley, and the fact that he is not black. But I guess that means it isn't the same thing.
For Steven A. Smith.

If Nick Bosa did it Russell Wilson, I'd be just as disgusted.
Post 29 IP   flag post
While I was watching this unfortunate series of events. For whatever reason my mind wondered back to when the Seahawks played Cincinnati in the playoffs years ago. When a fan did something (don't even remember what it was) Sam Wyche took the PA and announced to the stadium (paraphrasing) "we don't behave like that, this isn't Cleveland".
Post 30 IP   flag post
601450 49 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?