Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Show Off Your "Full Runs"10483

I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Nice job of the New Gods run. Can never go wrong with Kirby!
Post 126 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 thanks. Been a long time going since I bought iss 3,5,7 and 9 back in 1989. And picked up iss 1,2,4,6,8,10 and 11 in the last 3 months 👍
Post 127 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@BigRedOne1944 thanks. Been a long time going since I bought iss 3,5,7 and 9 back in 1989. And picked up iss 1,2,4,6,8,10 and 11 in the last 3 months 👍

Good Things come to those who wait

I gotta get the scans of the rest of my Cap books up
Post 128 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s Kirby’s run on Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen. I am including my doubles here for a person from the forums who is interested in them.

Post 129 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 130 IP   flag post

And here’s the King’s self portrait:

Post 131 IP   flag post
@esaravo SWEET!

Ive never been into the title the Superman title much, but if Kirby's involved, Im sure its worth the ride.

The Don Rickles Issue's were humorous and somewhat controversial at the time. Somebody just recently posted the interesting story of how the whole Don Rickles thing came about with he and Jack Kirby.

The Jack Kirby Spash Page is very cool! Is that New Gods he's working on?

Now I have to ask "Homo Disastrous"?...... Does somebody get Butt Hurt in this issue?

Thanks for posting them Ed!
Post 132 IP   flag post
This takes us up to Issue #400 on my Captain America Complete Run

Getting closer to All 454 issues posted

Post 133 IP   flag post
The first Moon Knight series "only" ran for 38 issues, but as far as eye appeal goes, it gave us a ton of great covers! From Bill Sienkiewicz (drawing in a Neal Adams-like style in the beginning), to a painted cover by the great Earl Norem, to several covers by Frank Miller and Mike Kaluta too. I am fortunate to own a complete and fairly high-grade set, most of which are still ungraded. So here's the scans, including both a Direct and a Newsstand Edition for #1.

Post 134 IP   flag post

Post 135 IP   flag post

Post 136 IP   flag post

Post 137 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool run Ed! #27 is just popping with the red cover. I noticed after #15, there is no more CCA logo on the covers.
Post 138 IP   flag post
Thanks, Mike. I never even noticed that the issues after #15 weren’t approved by the CCA. I wonder if they didn’t bother due to direct sales. Number 24 is just a gorgeous cover. It reminds me a little bit of an old album cover, but I can’t remember which one!
Post 139 IP   flag post
Sorry, i meant #24 with the red cover. I forgot how to read.
Post 140 IP   flag post
Indeed a nice run Ed!

I am particularly fond of the Frank Miller/Joe Jusko cover on Issue #15. There's just something about the black & White against the moon back drop. The bold red lettering also really makes the cover pop. Even the corner logo seems to play into making the cover a perfectly symmetrical blend.

My second Favorite is the Bill Sienkiewicz cover on issue #23. There's just something about Black & White that works so well with Moon Knight

I also noticed that after issue #16 they discontinued the Character logo box until it returned with issue #34 (the exception being #22) I always liked the character logo box
Post 141 IP   flag post
Collector Voodoo_Jim private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley This title and Micronauts (as of #38) went direct and subscription only (two of the first titles to do so), so Marvel chose not to submit them to the code. I subscribed to both in the early 80's!

Fun Side note: I had Bill Sienkiewicz sign my copy of #29 and he admitted the cover was due to 1) deadline crunch and 2) he kept messing up the werewolf face, so he kept adding shadows until there were just eyes and fangs. A striking cover because he didn't have time to restart...
Post 142 IP   flag post
@Voodoo_Jim thanks for the explanation!
Post 143 IP   flag post
598013 143 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?