Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Show Off Your "Full Runs"10483

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
1st 10 issues, plus dupes, of Dell Turok including different price "variant".

Mad respect for anyone that has the patience and time to build that run of books..superb collection ….one Honker monger to another!
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

@50AE_DE Turok, Son of Stone! OUTSTANDING looking Dell's! He looks pretty casual against that Dinosaur of the deep. Just another day at the office for Turok.

You would think by the time they did that run of books it would have been common understanding that marine reptiles were not dinosaurs, but close cousins....I love those old Turoks for all the vintage misconceptions they used regardless.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Amazing collection of fourth world materials....I assume you omitted the ending, written by Kirby in Hunger dogs out of space constraints...it was far better than the ending DC itself wrote in Adventure comics 459-460, although they refused to allow Kirby to kill off Darkseid due to their plans for the upcoming Super Powers series.

Your Olsens lack the remaining ends of the storyline, in issue 152 which wasn't done by Kirby but does continue his story.
I also noticed the Lois Lanes are not pictured, although also not Kirby, they were pertinent to the story as well. Aside from the cover of Lois Lane is an epic bondage cover.It is sad this story and world were never allowed to continue and build as Kirby envisioned it....so many epic characters and themes.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Your Olsens lack the remaining ends of the storyline, in issue 152 which wasn't done by Kirby but does continue his story.
I also noticed the Lois Lanes are not pictured, although also not Kirby, they were pertinent to the story as well. Aside from the cover of Lois Lane is an epic bondage cover.It is sad this story and world were never allowed to continue and build as Kirby envisioned it....so many epic characters and themes.

What are the Lois Lane issues that are pertinent to this Saga? Interested in knowing.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Just dug these out, so quick pics before I put them on the bay 1-38

Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@GAC

Beautiful, but I've gotta ask about the two(!) covers with Don Rickles on them.

Was Kirby a friend of his or something? It seems really random.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

What are the Lois Lane issues that are pertinent to this Saga? Interested in knowing.

Its been more than a few years since I read it all through end to end, but I can somewhat point you in the correct direction, although you would have to get them and run them to see if I got it right...
I can tell you with certainty that issue 111 has the cover with Lois being tied down by miniature versions of the Justice League is likely the beginning...those miniature versions were created in a DNA factory that apparently belongs to Darkseid..if I remember right

I dont remember a connection in issues 112, and 113, or 114 but in 115 the Thorn story has a plot Device called KARL that was stolen from Intergang and utilizes new gods technology...
Issue 116 Desaad kidnaps Lois and Dave Stevens,and lures Superman to happyland, an amusement park where he tries to use "the science of apokolips" against the man of steel...

So Issues 111-116, minus a few all in some way tie in or reference the fourth world storyline that was being done alongside them

Edit...found this, does a nice job of laying it out as well

https://ripjaggerdojo.blogspot.com/2013/03/lois-lanes-fourth-world.html
Post 107 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@GAC

Beautiful, but I've gotta ask about the two(!) covers with Don Rickles on them.

Was Kirby a friend of his or something? It seems really random.
Gac might have another spin or more to add but some of it I can tell you …

https://www.vulture.com/2017/04/that-time-don-rickles-met-superman-in-a-jack-kirby-comic.html
Post 108 IP   flag post
Nice posts GAC...always love a discussion about New gods and the fourth world trilogy...they are central to my collection and the set of books I wont ever let go..they will have to pry that box from my cold dead fingers first
Post 109 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

CC

CC

CC

CC

mm
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Here are the rest of the Turoks.

Post 111 IP   flag post
#31 - 70

Post 112 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@50AE_DE very impressive 👍
Post 113 IP   flag post
#71 - 125

Post 114 IP   flag post
Dang...I can't find my image of #126. I picked that issue up some time this year.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Issues #127 - Giant Size #1

Post 116 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan

Thank you. It took a long time to build. Finding those 15¢ editions for #8-12 was tough. The next goal is to collect the Whitman editions for the later issues.
Post 117 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan

Thank you. It took a long time to build. Finding those 15¢ editions for #8-12 was tough. The next goal is to collect the Whitman editions for the later issues.

Thanks. I stopped with the Dells, but after seeing all those Gold Keys time to keep going.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector Maritimer private msg quote post Address this user

Post 119 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritimer

The 1986 Man of Steel was a great mini-series from John Byrne. I own a set myself. Lets get a closer look at it.

There was there Direct Edition Variant #1

The Six Issue Set

Post 120 IP   flag post
Continuing with the Full Cap Run

Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Here are the rest of the Turoks.

that collection is a work of art, congratulations ...I know the struggle myself
Post 122 IP   flag post
This has been one of my favorite threads and I had to bring it back to the top to continue the rest of my Cap run. with over 450 Issues in the run it has been a challenge posting them all, but Im getting there! Hopefully we'll see some more of the outstanding runs many of you have been posting as well.

Post 123 IP   flag post
By golly Im going to make it through all 454 Issues if it's the last thing I do

This part of the run contains some of my favorite issue's done by the incomparable Ron Lim including the "Streets of Poison" Story line.

Post 124 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Finished my New God's run. I only wanted the first 11 issues from the early 70s

Post 125 IP   flag post
Nice job of the New Gods run. Can never go wrong with Kirby!
Post 126 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@BigRedOne1944 thanks. Been a long time going since I bought iss 3,5,7 and 9 back in 1989. And picked up iss 1,2,4,6,8,10 and 11 in the last 3 months 👍
Post 127 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@BigRedOne1944 thanks. Been a long time going since I bought iss 3,5,7 and 9 back in 1989. And picked up iss 1,2,4,6,8,10 and 11 in the last 3 months 👍

Good Things come to those who wait

I gotta get the scans of the rest of my Cap books up
Post 128 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s Kirby’s run on Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen. I am including my doubles here for a person from the forums who is interested in them.

Post 129 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user

Post 130 IP   flag post
601275 143 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?