Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Show Off Your "Full Runs"10483

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I don't have any runs anymore. Before I sold 90% of my collection off when I moved to the States I had a full run of 68s Sub-mariner run 1-72 in vf. Also being a big Sub-mariner fan I owned every appearance he had from FF 4 to Namor John Burne run. Including Avengers annual 1 has he appears as a hologram to FF annual 3 as his head is on the cover and his name is mentioned in the story. Still have a handful of his appearance like FF 4 and Iron man 54. Also at the time I had his whole run in TTA. That run was too easy so I thought a good challenge would be to put a run of his TTA together from pedigree collections only.
Started it in 2005 and I'm still missing 4 books. One I have a Boston 76 I've not graded as it's a 7.0 and I don't have a cgc membership. Anyway this run which includes books before his appearance was put together when I was back in Australia.

So the hunt continues. I hope to finish it one day.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo

Wow! I'm working on my own run of that series. About halfway for now.

Awesome run!
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross Very nice 👍
Post 78 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie - Thanks. You will finish it. Were you working on a Champions run also?
Post 79 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Wow! been absence from the thread for a day or two.. Lots of beautiful runs have been posted in my absence.

It's good to know that their still seems to be plenty of people into collecting runs of books.

@southerncross That is one seriously nice set of slabbed books

This Thread just seems to keep on delivering the goods!

I better get back to posting the rest of my Cap Run.

John
Post 80 IP   flag post

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Not a signature fan but Zeck has a good signature and placement. Got these signed in 2015. Also have a slabbed set of it unsigned and a raw newsstand set.

Post 81 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Jabberwookie - Thanks. You will finish it. Were you working on a Champions run also?

In a very casual manner. I always liked them, but finding those issues used to be hard to come by.

I'm a Byrne fan, so I tend grab anything he worked on.
Post 82 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 83 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 84 IP   flag post
@GAC ah ah ah.... That's not a "full Run" of hulk's

Just mashin your tatters...... Super Jelly of those Hulk Books

Any prospects on obtaining the last issue? Yea.... That one.

@Studley_Dudley

Love the Mike Zeck Punisher set! One of the all-time great sets
Post 85 IP   flag post
John Byrne Next Men Complete Set 0 - 30...they are all there just 31 photos tooooo many to show

All unread

Post 86 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
1st 10 issues, plus dupes, of Dell Turok including different price "variant".

Post 87 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
A couple price variants I left off from the last post.

Post 88 IP   flag post
@no1lufcfan You can never have too many photo's of John Byrne Stuff!

@50AE_DE Turok, Son of Stone! OUTSTANDING looking Dell's! He looks pretty casual against that Dinosaur of the deep. Just another day at the office for Turok.
Post 89 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

Very true wouldn't it be brilliant if only I could get him to sign them 😊
Post 90 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1lufcfan
Quote:

Very true wouldn't it be brilliant if only I could get him to sign them 😊

Nope.... I prefer them pure just the way they are.
Post 91 IP   flag post
Continuing on through the awesome Mike Zeck Era and into the Paul Neary Frame.

Still looking for an upgrade for #281

Post 92 IP   flag post

Post 93 IP   flag post
Forever People, Mr. Miracle and Kirbys Fouth World: Jimmy Olsen's Pal coming up.
Post 94 IP   flag post
@GAC Sweet looking News Gods.... Wait.... Im seeing double Kirby Magic!
Post 95 IP   flag post

Post 96 IP   flag post

Post 97 IP   flag post

Post 98 IP   flag post
@GAC

Beautiful runs! Ive never been up to date on Mister Miracle, but holy moly! Is there ANYTHING they haven't chained, strapped, tied, shackled or stuck him in!? Its a "Miracle" he survives the first couple issues

The Jack Kirby work on those Mister Miracle books is stunning! Possibly some of the best Kirby work Ive ever seen. The Bold colors and Gadgetry are simply awesome! #6 #11 and #12 are my favorites!

Thanks For posting those beauties!
Post 99 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne1944 Thank you! You can never go wrong with Kirby as we all know. Kirbys Fourth World is a bright spot. I love the imagination and creativity..the power that explodes off these pages. He's the King for good reason. Thanks!
Post 100 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 50AE_DE
1st 10 issues, plus dupes, of Dell Turok including different price "variant".

Mad respect for anyone that has the patience and time to build that run of books..superb collection ….one Honker monger to another!
Post 101 IP   flag post
Quote:

@50AE_DE Turok, Son of Stone! OUTSTANDING looking Dell's! He looks pretty casual against that Dinosaur of the deep. Just another day at the office for Turok.

You would think by the time they did that run of books it would have been common understanding that marine reptiles were not dinosaurs, but close cousins....I love those old Turoks for all the vintage misconceptions they used regardless.
Post 102 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Amazing collection of fourth world materials....I assume you omitted the ending, written by Kirby in Hunger dogs out of space constraints...it was far better than the ending DC itself wrote in Adventure comics 459-460, although they refused to allow Kirby to kill off Darkseid due to their plans for the upcoming Super Powers series.

Your Olsens lack the remaining ends of the storyline, in issue 152 which wasn't done by Kirby but does continue his story.
I also noticed the Lois Lanes are not pictured, although also not Kirby, they were pertinent to the story as well. Aside from the cover of Lois Lane is an epic bondage cover.It is sad this story and world were never allowed to continue and build as Kirby envisioned it....so many epic characters and themes.
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Your Olsens lack the remaining ends of the storyline, in issue 152 which wasn't done by Kirby but does continue his story.
I also noticed the Lois Lanes are not pictured, although also not Kirby, they were pertinent to the story as well. Aside from the cover of Lois Lane is an epic bondage cover.It is sad this story and world were never allowed to continue and build as Kirby envisioned it....so many epic characters and themes.

What are the Lois Lane issues that are pertinent to this Saga? Interested in knowing.
Post 104 IP   flag post
Just dug these out, so quick pics before I put them on the bay 1-38

Post 105 IP   flag post
601289 143 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?