Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
So, I am having some drinks with the wife. She stumbled onto the add for Moon Knight that will be on Disney. She is cracking me up as she does not know who Moon Knight is and she is stating what a rip off he is of Batman. She was showing me artwork of him. You would have to be here. It was funny.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I prefer an inspired homage to rip off. 😀 🍻
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips

Tell her you’ve never heard of this Batman character.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cawummel private msg quote post Address this user
Who is this Moon Knight you speak of?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Wait the Dark Knight and Moon Knight aren't the same???
Post 5 IP   flag post
TRA LA LA esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
I always considered Moon Knight to be more like a combination of Batman and Eclipso.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I think Moon Knight was an improvement...but I'm biased as he's one of my favorite Marvel characters.



Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
.
Meah, even the name is a rip-off.

Marvel: “We can’t call him the “Dark” Knight, so we’ll go with “Moon” Knight”.

EDIT: Apologies to @KatKomics, I inadvertently ripped-off your post 🤣

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Wait the Dark Knight and Moon Knight aren't the same???
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Bronte private msg quote post Address this user



How bout a hybrid?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@BrianGreensnips Your wife is a genius. Without being a comic book collector or familiar with the character, she states that which is obvious to 85% of comic book collectors. The other 15% are in denial because they like the character. Fan's have been calling MK Marvel's Batman from day one.

I've never been a Moon Knight fan. It felt like Marvel drew a character that resembled Batman and then did all sorts of weird things to make him NOT appear to be just a Batman clone. He started out a mercenary hired to capture a Werewolf. The silver suit was given to him just to have an edge on the Werewolf. But editors liked the character so quickly retold the origin to turn him into a hero.

I subscribed to Disney+ back when they had a special offer of about $4 a month, so I'll check out the series and see if it's more interesting to me than the comics were.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe disney will do a whole series from when he was a child and instead of the good stuff we'll just flesh out all his enemies in ways that make no sense and once he gets old enough to be the Moon Knight they will end the show?
Post 11 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Maybe disney will do a whole series from when he was a child and instead of the good stuff we'll just flesh out all his enemies in ways that make no sense and once he gets old enough to be the Moon Knight they will end the show?


They could do a half a season leading up to him becoming Moon Knight. I'd watch them providing us with the decisions Mark made to join the Marines, and then Force Recon. Then pivot and explain why he chose to quit to become a mercenary who sometimes works for the CIA. I'd watch that story arch as a lead in to him becoming Moon Knight.

Oh, I and I want the Platt Moon Knight look when he's suited up.





Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
@BrianGreensnips Your wife is a genius. Without being a comic book collector or familiar with the character, she states that which is obvious to 85% of comic book collectors. The other 15% are in denial because they like the character. Fan's have been calling MK Marvel's Batman from day one.

I've never been a Moon Knight fan. It felt like Marvel drew a character that resembled Batman and then did all sorts of weird things to make him NOT appear to be just a Batman clone. He started out a mercenary hired to capture a Werewolf. The silver suit was given to him just to have an edge on the Werewolf. But editors liked the character so quickly retold the origin to turn him into a hero.

I subscribed to Disney+ back when they had a special offer of about $4 a month, so I'll check out the series and see if it's more interesting to me than the comics were.


Bite your tongue, my friend and fellow collector. Moon Knight is great.


Post 13 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
It is being reported that Werewolf By Night, and Dracula will be in the series. That's promising. The rumor that Daniel Radcliffe's name is being tossed around to be Marc Spector makes me no so happy.
Post 14 IP   flag post
TRA LA LA esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater - Was Paul Reubens not available?
Post 15 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I think he's too tall.
Post 16 IP   flag post
TRA LA LA esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater - And at 67, perhaps a bit too old.
Post 17 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@esaravo I heard he lost the X-1 again so they never considered him.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector NScott private msg quote post Address this user


NORWAY
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector NScott private msg quote post Address this user


SWEDEN
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Donnied private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater I thought that first drawing was Mysterio at first glance!
And the second had me wondering when Liefield drew Moon Knight.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector EbaySeller private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by NScott


SWEDEN


I dig it. Moon Knight is great material for drawing great covers. I'm guessing some artists really enjoy working with the character and the related crescents and moons and lighting.
Post 22 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnied
@Towmater I thought that first drawing was Mysterio at first glance!
And the second had me wondering when Liefield drew Moon Knight.


Art speaks to people in different ways and that's what makes the world an interesting place.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector NScott private msg quote post Address this user


SPAIN - Spanish edition of US Werewolf by Night #32 and yes, that is Moon Knight on the cover!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Collector JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user




Gonna tell my kids this was a cancelled Moonknight show on Disney.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector NScott private msg quote post Address this user


SPAIN
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector NScott private msg quote post Address this user


DENMARK



DENMARK



DENMARK
Post 27 IP   flag post
325632 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?