Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeSigning Opportunities

Todd McFarlane10455

COLLECTOR kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
that black and white edition with the gold signature is hot sh!t right there bravo
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
My first shipment came back
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
gratuitous!
Post 328 IP   flag post
Collector EbaySeller private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
My first shipment came back


@teacha777 I count 18 books. So what did that come to all in with shipping both ways, about $1,700 plus the cost of the books?
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
More cuz some books have multiple sigs but yeah it’s about $100 for the grade and sig of Todd McFarlane this go round. I figure it will only get worse. Didn’t notice any Newton rings or loose slabs *crosses finger Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
My first shipment came back


@teacha777 I count 18 books. So what did that come to all in with shipping both ways, about $1,700 plus the cost of the books?
Post 330 IP   flag post


Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
More cuz some books have multiple sigs but yeah it’s about $100 for the grade and sig of Todd McFarlane this go round. I figure it will only get worse. Didn’t notice any Newton rings or loose slabs *crosses finger Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
My first shipment came back


@teacha777 I count 18 books. So what did that come to all in with shipping both ways, about $1,700 plus the cost of the books?


After reinspection 7 of the 18 had Newton’s *facepalm
Post 331 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
482 "Todd McFarlane signed CGC" books and 528 "Todd McFarlane SS" books are on eBay.
Post 332 IP   flag post
Collector Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I wonder how many of the 482 are raw.

Totally off topic, but I ordinarily pass threads about Copper and newer books, so I probably rarely visit McFarlane threads. Has Spider-Man #8 ever been discussed as being a butt-ugly cover?
That left leg is doing some impossible twisting there, especially if it's supposed to be connected to the buttheart.

And TWO left arms??

I do like the shadow placement- It actually gives it that "woodsy" feel.


Post 333 IP   flag post
Collector sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
I wonder how many of the 482 are raw.

Totally off topic, but I ordinarily pass threads about Copper and newer books, so I probably rarely visit McFarlane threads. Has Spider-Man #8 ever been discussed as being a butt-ugly cover?
That left leg is doing some impossible twisting there, especially if it's supposed to be connected to the buttheart.

And TWO left arms??

I do like the shadow placement- It actually gives it that "woodsy" feel.





what the...?
Post 334 IP   flag post
Collector JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
American ass
Post 335 IP   flag post
Collector GAC private msg quote post Address this user
lol!!!! terrible cover!!
Post 336 IP   flag post
Collector Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
What a terrible cover.

Reminds me of a Madina/Spider-Woman cover.
Post 337 IP   flag post
Collector JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
On second thought. When I first saw this cover, I was like “ OH GAWDDDDD. Did Greg Land rip off, I mean, “pay homage” to another pron movie, again?”
Post 338 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
I've been traveling for work and came home to these which had been sitting in the mailroom. These were my balance I was waiting on from a facilitator. This set was 1 out of 3 for the full signature

Spawn 300 from the Inaugural signing Day. T.McFarlane



Bummed about the smeared Scott Snyder signature. The risk you take when you dont get the signature yourself




Most excited about the Daredevil. Plan on getting Ann Nocenti, Al Milgrom, Mike Zeck, and Klaus Jansen at some point


Post 339 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
@Hcanes Might be hard to get Mike Zeck this year. He's stated on his website that he's only lining up a few 2020 appearances, but still determined to maintain a “light” convention schedule. Thus far, he has 2 listed for the year. Once tomorrow in the Philippines, and one in Las Vegas in April.

Good luck meeting up with him!
Post 340 IP   flag post
Collector JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater Neal Adams has a light convention schedule for the week, too.
Post 341 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
@Hcanes Might be hard to get Mike Zeck this year. He's stated on his website that he's only lining up a few 2020 appearances, but still determined to maintain a “light” convention schedule. Thus far, he has 2 listed for the year. Once tomorrow in the Philippines, and one in Las Vegas in April.

Good luck meeting up with him!


Figures...I held onto this book when McFarlane was on a 2yr witnessed signing hiatus. Passed on 2 separate opportunities for Mike Zeck.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll need to be on the lookout for when he is in a 3hr radius of NYC
Post 342 IP   flag post
Collector Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Bought this from Zeck last time I saw him in the NY/CT area. I think it was 2017. This was actually quite affordable (at that time). It was far more intriguing/affordable than the prices he charges for yellow label autographs and seeing people pop down 30 books in front of him. I'll take this all day, every day instead


Post 343 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, man, that is fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Bought this from Zeck last time I saw him in the NY/CT area. I think it was 2017. This was actually quite affordable (at that time). It was far more intriguing/affordable than the prices he charges for yellow label autographs and seeing people pop down 30 books in front of him. I'll take this all day, every day instead


Post 344 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Bought this from Zeck last time I saw him in the NY/CT area. I think it was 2017. This was actually quite affordable (at that time). It was far more intriguing/affordable than the prices he charges for yellow label autographs and seeing people pop down 30 books in front of him. I'll take this all day, every day instead




I dig it!

I own several of Mike's OA covers that aren't of or for top shelf character's books like Captain America or the Punisher. Mike is a very nice individual to chat with and take in his past experiences in the comic industry. When he wants to layer detail into something he's on par with Perez. Both of them deceive the viewer into thinking their work is simple and effortless. It is only when you spend some time with what they both drew that you start to get a feel for the level of skill and technique their creations hold within them.
Post 345 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
I just posted 33 Todd McFarlane books in my ebay store.

Here are the group shots:




Post 346 IP   flag post
339787 346 21
This topic is archived. Start new topic?