Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeSigning Opportunities

Todd McFarlane10455

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
why did @drchaos get so many green labels? Did you take your posters out?
Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe they had unwitnessed signatures on them before the witnessed McFarlane signature was done?
Post 302 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

I had mine signed last year or the year before. This is my copy from when I was just 12 years old. Newsstand copy bought from a local grocery store in Rosenberg, TX. I guess I forgot all the years ago there was a poster in the book. I must have thumbtacked that bad boy on my wall as a kid because when I looked it over before sending in to signing I didn't notice it.
Post 303 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
why did @drchaos get so many green labels? Did you take your posters out?

Signatures by David Michilinie, Jason Shawn Alexander, Oliver Copiel, and J Scott Campbell.
Post 304 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Image Value Stamp. Cut them out and collect them all.
Post 305 IP   flag post

Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
@kaptainmyke Image Value Stamp. Cut them out and collect them all.

I thought the Image coupon was in Spawn 4. lol
Post 306 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Can anyone confirm what I heard today? The print run or Spawn let’s vaguely say 130-230 was so low Mcfarlane bought books personally to keep it running?
Post 307 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
And that brings me too I’m really hoping someone will post a pic of a signed #174 or 5.
Post 308 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
None of that mentions color breaks. Which normally would mean you can press most or all of these defects out. But I DID send this one to a presser, a damn good one. So I don't know what the hell is going on there.

I sent mine to get pressed first and only one came 9.8, then I got one 9.6, two 9.4 and one 9.2 besides that the only one with a graders note is the 9.4 and it only says:

light spine stress lines to cover

WTF! if it is a non color breaking spine stress that should have come out.
Post 309 IP   flag post
You cannot press out spine stress lines to cover. Those are creases. "Stress lines" = crease
Post 310 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
You cannot press out spine stress lines to cover. Those are creases. "Stress lines" = crease

First time I've heard that. I thought any wrinkles or creases could be pressed out, if you did it right. I mean, not printer's creases. Those, you don't want to pull out, because it was cut and inked with them in there. But after-publication bends and such. I've been told you can even get rid of the spine fold if you want, put it back in a different place.
Post 311 IP   flag post
This is due to grader note "shorthand", much like debtor notes at a collection agency call center for debtor files on a proprietary computer network system.

Unpressable defects:

Miswraps
Miscuts
Foxing (fungal, bacteria)
Rust (iron oxidation)
Ink, ballpoint pen, marker, Sharpie pen
Missing: pages, pieces, tears
Staple placement (mis-staple)
Rounded corners
Edgewear
Crease lines with missing ink (color breaks)
Spine ticks (white lines at breaks on spine)
Stress Lines
Printers Creases
Color breaking crease lines
Crease Lines
Post 312 IP   flag post
Why is there an issue with McFarlane signing his full name and just using his first initial? It seems that some collectors want the full name and put a premium on it? What's the difference?
Post 313 IP   flag post
Collector robertofredrico private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Why is there an issue with McFarlane signing his full name and just using his first initial? It seems that some collectors want the full name and put a premium on it? What's the difference?

"odd"
Post 314 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Spine ticks (white lines at breaks on spine)
Stress Lines
Printers Creases
Color breaking crease lines
Crease Lines

So, there are crease lines, and crease lines with color breaks.

I get why color breaks can't be "pressed." The ink is gone, and pressing and cleaning won't get that back. But a "crease" is just a bend, a fold. And if the color is still there, then it seems to be it could be unbent, unfolded. It might take more patience and careful attention, less crude methods than just .... well. Can't talk about pressing techniques here, of course, even if just to name them. But if a crease and a fold and a bend are the same, just different degrees, then it seems they could be uncreased, unfolded, unbent.
Post 315 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
It isn't odd to want the full name and hence more of his time , effort and writing. Consider people who ask for a remark as well or place premiums on those....Suppose you paid for a signature at a show for Adam Hughes...lets say 30 bucks and you get....A.H. I would rather have a signature that reads Jack Kirby than J. Kirby for instance....just more to have is all.
Many autograph collectors take this even further and request the signature personalized to them with some message, i.e to Mark, best of luck and nice meeting you.....sometimes the theory is a signature is much simpler to validate and prove as real the larger the writing sample is.
People collect deceased celebs signatures often try for hand written letters, notes, or even better a check which is most likely authentic but also carries extra writing, ie. to whom, the amount, date, etc.
Post 316 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
But a "crease" is just a bend, a fold.

A crease is a crease. A bend is a bend. Bends can be pressed.
Post 317 IP   flag post
471 "Todd McFarlane signed CGC" books and 481 "Todd McFarlane SS" books are on eBay.
Post 318 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
Mine just finished grading, HOLY COW!!

I submitted ASM 300 9.4 blue label and Hulk 340 9.0 Blu label, had them press and this is what they got!
Post 319 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladic
Mine just finished grading, HOLY COW!!

I submitted ASM 300 9.4 blue label and Hulk 340 9.0 Blu label, had them press and this is what they got!

Congrats on the 9.8 asm 300. That is quite a jump in value
Post 320 IP   flag post
9.8 off-white to white pages?
Post 321 IP   flag post
Quote:
9.8 off-white to white pages?

Yeah, that always surprises me, too. But 9.8 is the highest grade that can have OW/W pages.
Post 322 IP   flag post
Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user

Post 323 IP   flag post
Collector Squack private msg quote post Address this user
Got mine today. The ASM 300 was a CBCS 9.6 and the Spawn 185 was a CBCS 9.4. The Black and White Spawn was a CGC 9.6. All were pressed. I am very pleased!

Post 324 IP   flag post
Collector Sin private msg quote post Address this user
My last two came back. Got Spawn 1 from Entertainment This Month.

Post 325 IP   flag post
that black and white edition with the gold signature is hot sh!t right there bravo
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
My first shipment came back
Post 327 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
gratuitous!
Post 328 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777

@teacha777 I count 18 books. So what did that come to all in with shipping both ways, about $1,700 plus the cost of the books?
Post 329 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
More cuz some books have multiple sigs but yeah it’s about $100 for the grade and sig of Todd McFarlane this go round. I figure it will only get worse. Didn’t notice any Newton rings or loose slabs *crosses finger Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777

@teacha777 I count 18 books. So what did that come to all in with shipping both ways, about $1,700 plus the cost of the books?
Post 330 IP   flag post
601534 346 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?