Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeSigning Opportunities

Todd McFarlane10455

Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Curious how long this auction stays up, eBay looks as these types as "chance listings" and are not allowed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spawn-1-CGC-SS-9-8-signed-by-Todd-McFarlane-Grab-Bag-Please-Read-Description/184151335243?epid=85400694&hash=item2ae046614b:g:Iv8AAOSwHX5eMQQK
Post 276 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
418 "Todd McFarlane signed CGC" books and 436 "Todd McFarlane SS" books are on eBay. Both up 22 listings in 19 hours.
Post 277 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
My books finally came in after being held up for 2 days at the distribution center.

I think my books (also sent for pressing) must have been in the earlier batches of signatures as they all have his full name signed versus T McFarlane.

I remember grabbing this one from a Walden Books. Surprised it graded as high as it did

Spawn 301 Alamo Draft House Inaugural Signing Day

The next two went up in grade from 9.0 to 9.2

Post 278 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
After missing the Fedex truck by a few minutes yesterday I called them today to ask them to hold my box for pickup.

I was informed that the shipper (CGC) put a restriction on the package that it could only be delivered to this address and not picked up at Fedex.

I don't know about you but when I am asked to sign for a package that is delivered by the Fedex truck no one asks to see any ID while the people at my local Walgreens or at the Fedex offices never fail to do so.

This leads to the question, what kind of a madman puts this restriction on a package and who is the evil scientist that devised the option in the first place?

After running through all of the options with the customer service rep it would seem that my best option would be to call CGC on Monday and ask them to lift the restriction unless I want to be watching my door all day on Tuesday only to have the truck come while I am using the bathroom.
Post 279 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Better get some Depends, Corey. I have been sitting in my living room since 9 AM this morning waiting for the FedEx dude. At least there’s an Expendables marathon on TV.
Post 280 IP   flag post

The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I mailed a package to CBCS and wrote the wrong address. (I omitted a number or letter during copy and paste)

After 2 failed delivery attempts, I call FedEx to see if I can change the address to the correct one. They said only the owner of the account can make that change. Office depot manager gets on phone and they say she isnt good enough. She spent OVER an hour on the phone explaining she was the manager and finally got them to change it.

I thanked the manager by giving her I think 10$ and told her to buy a beer.

Not a fan of how friendly Fedex is.....
Post 281 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
You guys sound like me and fed ex, do you find yourselves standing in the window looking out for them? I do, and the rest of the house laughs at me.
Post 282 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Kind of sounds like the movie cable guy. They will wait and turn out when you just popped out for a few minutes or just walked into the bathroom
Post 283 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
FedEx sucks. Never showed after sending me the alert yesterday.
Post 284 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
FedEx sucks. Never showed after sending me the alert yesterday.

I'm so sick of FedEx. They are NOT customer-friendly. I stopped using them maybe 8-9 months ago and haven't looked back since. Now UPS delivers my CGC comics. They let me sign for it online, so they just drop it off if I can't be home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
I was informed that the shipper (CGC) put a restriction on the package that it could only be delivered to this address and not picked up at Fedex.

Yeah, they once gave me that line, too. It's a lie, unfortunately. That is, FedEx pretty much insists that CGC "puts" certain restrictions on the shipments. It's part of the agreement between the two, not - as FedEx will tell you - due to CGC's insistence.

Anyway, I've had a few problems with UPS, too, but they are far and away better than FedEx.
Post 285 IP   flag post
439 "Todd McFarlane signed CGC" books and 453 "Todd McFarlane SS" books are on eBay.
Post 286 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Got off to a late start today so I was home when Fedex got here.

These are the last six of my McFarlane signed books.

The ASM book with the 5.0 came in a subscription from Marvel. It appears that some glue from the paper the book came in stuck to the cover. Hoping I can get my signature and grading fees back when I sell the book.

The cap cover and one of the venom covers were graded 9.6 by CBCS before I had CGC crack them out of their cases. While I was hoping for at least one upgrade I am very happy that they did not come back any lower.
Post 287 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Got off to a late start today so I was home when Fedex got here.

These are the last six of my McFarlane signed books.

The ASM book with the 5.0 came in a subscription from Marvel. It appears that some glue from the paper the book came in stuck to the cover. Hoping I can get my signature and grading fees back when I sell the book.

The cap cover and one of the venom covers were graded 9.6 by CBCS before I had CGC crack them out of their cases. While I was hoping for at least one upgrade I am very happy that they did not come back any lower.
This post throws a lot of shade on those who claim that noone can tell the difference between a 9,6 and 9.8 if two separate entities graded the same books 9.6 respectively
Post 288 IP   flag post
Collector mediaslave private msg quote post Address this user
Some of the guys on eBay are straight up delusional.

Spawn 300 silver 9.8 finished at auction at 250. I missed it, so I sent a best offer to a guy who has one up at 700 (lol). Explained that the last one finished at 250, which I thought was fair.

His counter : 600.

Sigh.
Post 289 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mediaslave
Some of the guys on eBay are straight up delusional.

Spawn 300 silver 9.8 finished at auction at 250. I missed it, so I sent a best offer to a guy who has one up at 700 (lol). Explained that the last one finished at 250, which I thought was fair.

His counter : 600.

Sigh.

I submitted nine silvers and only got one 9.8 so far.
Post 290 IP   flag post
Collector gotham44 private msg quote post Address this user
Had them crack a graded 9.6 Batman 423 for Todd to sign. Had it signed and pressed by CGC...Came back a 9.4 with a graders not of bend on bottom right corner. Werent they supposed to press that out? They caused it. Should have never cracked it
Post 291 IP   flag post
Quote:
I submitted nine silvers and only got one 9.8 so far.

I'll give y ou $600.

Wait. No I won't. 250!
Post 292 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotham44
Had them crack a graded 9.6 Batman 423 for Todd to sign. Had it signed and pressed by CGC...Came back a 9.4 with a graders not of bend on bottom right corner. Werent they supposed to press that out? They caused it. Should have never cracked it

That sucks man. I know that pain. That said, I had the opposite.

I bought a 423 at a show here, thought probably a 9.4 maybe press into a 9.6. I already had a 9.8 that I was too scared to crack because I was sure there was no way it was coming back 9.8 again.

Then the $40 show special pulled through at 9.8, which I can't actually wait to see.

Grading is weird.
Post 293 IP   flag post
@mediaslave At least you aren't trying to buy the CBCS 9.8 Spawn 300 Silver that is up on eBay for $1499.99 or best offer. It isn't signed either.
Post 294 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

They are all over the place lately. I mean, they've always been a bit inconsistent - more so than CBCS, certainly. But some recent ones I've gotten back, I don't know what the hell they are thinking. I had an ASM 194 (first Black Cat) that came back a 9.6 and should have been a 9.2. And now, I get my ASM #301 that looks BEAUTIFUL, but they put down as a 9.4. No way this comic shouldn't be a 9.8.

No grader notes, either, because for some reason they decided to stop doing that for most anything above 9.2. Of course, grader notes that don't give you any useful information aren't, well, useful. Here's some from a recent ASM #299 8.5 (that was definitely in the NM range):

bend left center of back cover
bend right bottom of front cover
crease left bottom of back cover
spine stress lines

None of that mentions color breaks. Which normally would mean you can press most or all of these defects out. But I DID send this one to a presser, a damn good one. So I don't know what the hell is going on there.

I guess they are rushed lately.
Post 295 IP   flag post
Collector teacha777 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

They are all over the place lately. I mean, they've always been a bit inconsistent - more so than CBCS, certainly. But some recent ones I've gotten back, I don't know what the hell they are thinking. I had an ASM 194 (first Black Cat) that came back a 9.6 and should have been a 9.2. And now, I get my ASM #301 that looks BEAUTIFUL, but they put down as a 9.4. No way this comic shouldn't be a 9.8.

No grader notes, either, because for some reason they decided to stop doing that for most anything above 9.2. Of course, grader notes that don't give you any useful information aren't, well, useful. Here's some from a recent ASM #299 8.5 (that was definitely in the NM range):

spine stress lines

None of that mentions color breaks. Which normally would mean you can press most or all of these defects out. But I DID send this one to a presser, a damn good one. So I don't know what the hell is going on there.

I’ve come to the conclusion that all non color breaking bends are not created the same....I hope a professional pressor can confirm?
Post 296 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
I’ve come to the conclusion that all non color breaking bends are not created the same....I hope a professional pressor can confirm?

This is true.
Post 297 IP   flag post
Collector Yoosh5492 private msg quote post Address this user
My last 2 books just got back with a pressing. Very pleased.

Post 298 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacha777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsaid
Quote:

spine stress lines

You are correct.
Post 299 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Spine stress lines = crease (cannot be pressed out)
Post 300 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
why did @drchaos get so many green labels? Did you take your posters out?
Post 301 IP   flag post
Maybe they had unwitnessed signatures on them before the witnessed McFarlane signature was done?
Post 302 IP   flag post

I had mine signed last year or the year before. This is my copy from when I was just 12 years old. Newsstand copy bought from a local grocery store in Rosenberg, TX. I guess I forgot all the years ago there was a poster in the book. I must have thumbtacked that bad boy on my wall as a kid because when I looked it over before sending in to signing I didn't notice it.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
why did @drchaos get so many green labels? Did you take your posters out?

Signatures by David Michilinie, Jason Shawn Alexander, Oliver Copiel, and J Scott Campbell.
Post 304 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Image Value Stamp. Cut them out and collect them all.
Post 305 IP   flag post
600440 346 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?