Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeSigning Opportunities

Todd McFarlane10455

Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
"Todd McFarlane signed CGC" books listings have jumped 247 (381 - 134 = 247) in 2 weeks.
Post 251 IP   flag post
Collector Sin private msg quote post Address this user
How would this go from unrestored to restored??!! I sent it in still slabbed.

and I paid for the pressing 😂
Post 252 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sin
How would this go from unrestored to restored??!! I sent it in still slabbed.

and I paid for the pressing 😂

That'll teach ya!

lol...?

weird?
Post 253 IP   flag post
@sportshort Yeah. It taught me to stay with CBCS. Damn you McFarlaaaaaaaannne!11
Post 254 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe Todd did some color touch before signing???
Post 255 IP   flag post

Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics

That or CGC missed it the first go round. Either seeing the purple label hurts.
Post 256 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Good one.
Post 257 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:

This unfortunately makes the most sense
Post 258 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sportshort
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hcanes
Quote:

This unfortunately makes the most sense

CGC changed their definition of restoration......all signatures are now considered color touch.
Post 259 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Are any of you fellas looking to trade a Mcfarlane book? I have a tmnt 95 ri-a cover at a 9.8 that is up for grabs. I’m regretting not taking advantage of this Mcfarlane offer but quite frankly I’ve never shipped in an order or used cgc. I’m open to just about any book as long as it’s a 9.8, well I take that back the grade all depends on the book. Thanks for reading and even entertaining the though.
Post 260 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
Are any of you fellas looking to trade a Mcfarlane book? I have a tmnt 95 ri-a cover at a 9.8 that is up for grabs. I’m regretting not taking advantage of this Mcfarlane offer but quite frankly I’ve never shipped in an order or used cgc. I’m open to just about any book as long as it’s a 9.8, well I take that back the grade all depends on the book. Thanks for reading and even entertaining the though.

I haven't scanned or priced up the books for ebay yet.

When I have prices I could be open to a trade.

Until then it is hard to compare apples to apples.
Post 261 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

I haven't scanned or priced up the books for ebay yet.

When I have prices I could be open to a trade.

Until then it is hard to compare apples to apples.
cool man, no hurries. Thanks for taking it into consideration.
Post 262 IP   flag post
another I got signed. I like how he spelled his whole name and dragged out the 'E'.

Post 263 IP   flag post
396 "Todd McFarlane signed CGC" books and 414 "Todd McFarlane SS" books are on eBay.
Post 264 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
396 "Todd McFarlane signed CGC" books and 414 "Todd McFarlane SS" books are on eBay.

With that many comps it should be pretty easy to price the books.
Post 265 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user

Post 266 IP   flag post
Why do I believe that when I run out to get groceries I am sure to miss the FedEx delivery?
Post 267 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
This is a great example of why tracking eBay listings is not an accurate way to track numbers. You can deduct trends, but actual numbers cannot be found without going through each and every listing manually.
Post 268 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O

I just did my search. Amazing that there is that big a difference in the totals by just swapping "cgc" and "ss" in a search.
Post 269 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I just did my search. Amazing that there is that big a difference in the totals by just swapping "cgc" and "ss" in a search.

It's not swapping them. It is adding "CGC" to your search of "Todd McFarlane SS." That (Jesse's search) is the same one I used two days ago.
Post 270 IP   flag post
Quote:
Why do I believe that when I run out to get groceries I am sure to miss the FedEx delivery?

Called it!
Post 271 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos I said “eff it” two days ago because I had to make dinner and I got back just in time. The books came 20 mins later. Freaking cgc
Post 272 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Called it!

And now you know and knowing is half the battle, GI Joe!
Post 273 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustThatGuy
@drchaos I said “eff it” two days ago because I had to make dinner and I got back just in time. The books came 20 mins later. Freaking cgc

I left the house at 1:40pm, FedEx showed up at 1:48pm.
Post 274 IP   flag post
Quote:

Life decisions. Eat or collect and starve. 🤣🤣🤣
Post 275 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Curious how long this auction stays up, eBay looks as these types as "chance listings" and are not allowed.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Spawn-1-CGC-SS-9-8-signed-by-Todd-McFarlane-Grab-Bag-Please-Read-Description/184151335243?epid=85400694&hash=item2ae046614b:g:Iv8AAOSwHX5eMQQK
Post 276 IP   flag post
418 "Todd McFarlane signed CGC" books and 436 "Todd McFarlane SS" books are on eBay. Both up 22 listings in 19 hours.
Post 277 IP   flag post
My books finally came in after being held up for 2 days at the distribution center.

I think my books (also sent for pressing) must have been in the earlier batches of signatures as they all have his full name signed versus T McFarlane.

I remember grabbing this one from a Walden Books. Surprised it graded as high as it did

Spawn 301 Alamo Draft House Inaugural Signing Day

The next two went up in grade from 9.0 to 9.2

Post 278 IP   flag post
After missing the Fedex truck by a few minutes yesterday I called them today to ask them to hold my box for pickup.

I was informed that the shipper (CGC) put a restriction on the package that it could only be delivered to this address and not picked up at Fedex.

I don't know about you but when I am asked to sign for a package that is delivered by the Fedex truck no one asks to see any ID while the people at my local Walgreens or at the Fedex offices never fail to do so.

This leads to the question, what kind of a madman puts this restriction on a package and who is the evil scientist that devised the option in the first place?

After running through all of the options with the customer service rep it would seem that my best option would be to call CGC on Monday and ask them to lift the restriction unless I want to be watching my door all day on Tuesday only to have the truck come while I am using the bathroom.
Post 279 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Better get some Depends, Corey. I have been sitting in my living room since 9 AM this morning waiting for the FedEx dude. At least there’s an Expendables marathon on TV.
Post 280 IP   flag post
600768 346 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?