Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original Artwork

Akirya Toriyama Original Art Shikishi Card Art Board10451

Collector Eikkichi private msg quote post Address this user
Hey All,

Perhaps someone can help me on this one. So there's an ebay seller, I bought this piece from said its authentic ect ect.

Can I send the original art piece to CBCS to authenticate, Or what would be my best option ?

Thanks for all your helps

Post 1 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Don't know the answer to your question, but my son was all up into Dragon Ball. That's a cool piece

Im sure someone with knowledge of the authentication with chime in with some info for you.

Just don't ask Darryl for a Free Hat
Post 2 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
What’s the total measurement H&W.
That will be the first factor for CBCS
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkga private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not trying to be a downer, but unless you paid a BOATLOAD of money I'm going to doubt that is an original Akira Toriyama piece. Did you by chance buy it from a guy in Spain?

To answer your question, you may be able to get the signature verified, but CBCS won't verify the art itself. If you could prove it to be authentic though, I would personally pay dearly for said price. I'm a huge Vegeta fan! ^_^
Post 4 IP   flag post
UPDATE: It's most likely very fake.

1) Here he sold TWO of them: https://www.ebay.com/itm/hand-drawn-Toriyama-Akira-autographed-Shikishi-Card-Art-Board-Dragon-Ball-92019Y-/283463645336?hash=item41ffbff898%3Ag%3AiV4AAOSwQYpdjH-4&nma=true&si=avnm1Z5uH6PAoQW4lHuqy%252FAXoL0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

2) Here it is up for auction yet again: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283668146452?ViewItem=&item=283668146452

3) The seller is from China and has a ton of other "original art" for sale. Yeah right... Anyone who owns that much Akira Toriyama art knows what they are sitting on.

4) It's ONLY $139.99. If it were real it would be at least a $2000 piece at the level of detail if not more.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
yes and he offers nice Packagement!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkga
I'm not trying to be a downer, but unless you paid a BOATLOAD of money I'm going to doubt that is an original Akira Toriyama piece. Did you by chance buy it from a guy in Spain?

To answer your question, you may be able to get the signature verified, but CBCS won't verify the art itself. If you could prove it to be authentic though, I would personally pay dearly for said price. I'm a huge Vegeta fan! ^_^

Who is the guy from spain ?

Thanks for the info
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
yes and he offers nice Packagement!

What do you mean ? Could you please be more clear ?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
UPDATE: It most likely very fake.

1) Here he sold TWO of them: https://www.ebay.com/itm/hand-drawn-Toriyama-Akira-autographed-Shikishi-Card-Art-Board-Dragon-Ball-92019Y-/283463645336?hash=item41ffbff898%3Ag%3AiV4AAOSwQYpdjH-4&nma=true&si=avnm1Z5uH6PAoQW4lHuqy%252FAXoL0%253D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

2) Here it is up for auction yet again: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283668146452?ViewItem=&item=283668146452

3) The seller is from China and has a ton of other "original art" for sale. Yeah right... Anyone who owns that much Akira Toriyama art knows what they are sitting on.

4) It's ONLY $139.99. If it were real it would be at least a $2000 piece at the level of detail if not more.

I did see he has alot, He pretty much said they are 100% authentic although I cant really tell.

I hear you 130% hehe, Just a little concerned
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikkichi

I did see he has alot, He pretty much said they are 100% authentic although I cant really tell.

There is a guy from Spain that sells fake autographs and "original art" on eBay as well. Actually you can pretty much just say eBay is awash in fake autographs and art. Only buy from reputable dealers, and if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

That being said, the art itself is really nice! The artist captured that classic Vegeta pose perfectly!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eikkichi

There is a guy from Spain that sells fake autographs and "original art" on eBay as well. Actually you can pretty much just say eBay is awash in fake autographs and art. Only buy from reputable dealers, and if it's too good to be true, it probably is.

That being said, the art itself is really nice! The artist captured that classic Vegeta pose perfectly!

Sigh I suppose so , But yeah i agree the art is really good .
I already bought a Goku from the same guy hasn't arrived yet lol, Apparently he had two of those and that's all.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Just a thought. I once bought a old photograph from someone and he said it was a original photo. Well it was done on a printer on glossy paper and not a high end one Look with a magnifying glass for little dots or actual bush or pen strokes
If not it still could be a print
If you live in a larger town take it to a art dealer if he’s nice he won’t charge you. It would be like taking a diamond to a jeweler to see if it’s glass.
Good luck and don’t be discouraged it happens to all of us.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
Just a thought. I once bought a old photograph from someone and he said it was a original photo. Well it was done on a printer on glossy paper and not a high end one Look with a magnifying glass for little dots or actual bush or pen strokes
If you live in a larger town take it to a art dealer if he’s nice he won’t charge you. It would be like taking a diamond to a jeweler to see if it’s glass.

Thanks man , I will do so.
I'm a little bumbed, Always wanted something from him. I did think it was a little cheap tbh .
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift

So I got myself a Stand Magnifier Glass, Im no expert but from what I can tell there are strokes def on the drawing .

The signature doesn't look like its printed .
I bought a Goku one he had up I cancelled the Vegeta .
Post 14 IP   flag post
So, I tried to take some images through the Stand Magnifier Glass with my phone.
What do you guys think ?

Post 15 IP   flag post
I'm not saying the signature is not on the art, I'm saying the signature is probably forged.
Post 16 IP   flag post
597884 16 16
This topic is archived. Start new topic?