Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
No Interest

CBCS has MUCH more Important things to be doing rather than wasting time on trinket items.

* Registry
* Magazine slabs
* Improvement in their Online submission page and dashboard (IT issues)
* Improved Customer service and Quality Control
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
No Interest

CBCS has MUCH more Important things to be doing rather than wasting time on trinket items.

* Registry
* Magazine slabs

I can see that. I think it would be cool to show the original and non-original.

To each their own.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
I make single, double triple and even quad frames if anyone is interested. They are not cheaply made or cheap to buy, but they are cool to display books.

Post 28 IP   flag post
No Offense Jabberwookie, but I just think its a bad idea and business decision for CBCS given some of the issues they are currently trying to address at this critical time in their growth and development stage for a few reasons:

#1 Single slabs are hard enough to store. A double wide? No Thanks

#2 There are plenty of after market products that fill this little market niche. (See mountie73 above. Nice Work BTW)

#3 CBCS hasn't been able to justify the cost of making the much wanted and in demand Magazine mold/slab, let alone a double wide specialty slab that would see very little if any interest at all, meaning there is simply no profit for them in doing such a thing. I doubt they would even be able to make their money back off the mold development cost.

Not dumping on anybody, those "Other reasons" are important parts of the VERY foundation of any Authentication company. Spending your time and resources improving those area's far outweighs getting sidetracked on unprofitable novelty items. A Magazine slab is critical in moving CBCS forward as a top tier grading company.

No I do not speak for CBCS, But Im pretty sure you'll get a similar answer when you pitch them this idea

Didn't mean to upset you and it's nothing personal, but you did ask for "thoughts" did you not?
Post 29 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Since the title of the thread is appropriate, here's my CBCS wish list:

1) Create a "CBCS only" online selling platform like Comiclink's Exchange where buyers and sellers can adjust offers until the prices meet. Charge a small listing fee and leave the rest to the sellers, save me 10% Ebay selling fees.

2) Annually Blind Test your graders against an assortment of CGC graded books. Make sure you stay with that standard. If you are grading even a half point tighter than CGC (which I think may be happening) you have devalued my inventory of books by 15%-25%. If the market leader has also become the standard, you have no choice but to follow their lead.

3) Knock $5 of the cost of Silver Age Raw Grade for the next year, see if you can get enough books into the marketplace to create general awareness of the program so when I try to sell mine the program is something that people are already aware of.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
No free hats!!

Post 31 IP   flag post
Damn! Now that's how customer service should answer a question, with confidence and assurance!

Darryl just shut that shit Down! like Negan!
Post 32 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
How much are the hats if they're not free?
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
2) Annually Blind Test your graders against an assortment of CGC graded books. Make sure you stay with that standard. If you are grading even a half point tighter than CGC (which I think may be happening) you have devalued my inventory of books by 15%-25%. If the market leader has also become the standard, you have no choice but to follow their lead.

Really? You think CBCS wants to have CGC standards? What? Like inconsistent grading? I think that is something they better stray from doing, FOREVER.
Post 34 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
Really? You think CBCS wants to have CGC standards? What? Like inconsistent grading? I think that is something they better stray from doing, FOREVER.

Absolutely agreed. Unfortunately bad for business. CGC continues to loosen their standards, and takes the majority of business with it.
Post 35 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Grading is subjective...
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Quote:

Absolutely agreed. Unfortunately bad for business. CGC continues to loosen their standards, and takes the majority of business with it.

That should for the time being benefit CGC but once collectors who purchase said slabs get onto the scam they will be slowly lowering CGC slab sales, which in turn should benefit CBCS. After all the point of third party grading is to get a grade that fits the book and that is what ultimately collectors want,
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
No Interest

Well...technically a hat is an accessory...I think.

(In all seriousness, I agree 100% either everything you wrote in your post)

* Registry - Absolutely!!!!

* Magazine slabs - With DC Black Label books, this should be higher on the priority now.

* Improvement in their Online submission page and dashboard (IT issues) - I enjoy CBCS Canada, but dislike the return shipping presently as it remains in "Shipping" until it arrives at my door and then it's "Shipped". I understand logistics in shipping to Canada as a landing pad and then shipping out, but it would be nice...

* Improved Customer service and Quality Control - I've had to call CBCS once....it was an experience I don't want to have again.
Post 38 IP   flag post
@BigRedOne

I thought I’d edited that before it got out.

I was tired, cranky and took your response totally the wrong way. My bad on that. I was trying to fix my snarky response, but didn’t in time.

My apologies.
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Darryl_H private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

How much you got?
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I would like some CBCS wrist bands please.
Post 41 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
CBCS cape please.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Well I'm certainly having to make some tough choices. The market leader says my book is a 9.6 worth $375. The smaller competitor says it's a 9.4 worth $275. When I go the sell the buyers still prefer the market leader and I have to price even below the $275 price. Who should I submit to?
Post 43 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Quote:

Well I'm certainly having to make some tough choices. The market leader says my book is a 9.6 worth $375. The smaller competitor says it's a 9.4 worth $275. When I go the sell the buyers still prefer the market leader and I have to price even below the $275 price. Who should I submit to?

Agreed...this is why most on this board will say use CGC for selling and CBCS for you personal collection. The truth is CBCS is the better, more consistent grader but CGC generally (not always, and the gap is shrinking) obtains higher values on books.
Post 44 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Quote:
Quote:

Agreed...this is why most on this board will say use CGC for selling and CBCS for you personal collection. The truth is CBCS is the better, more consistent grader but CGC generally (not always, and the gap is shrinking) obtains higher values on books.

It's the Registry. It's magic. It turns high grade pieces of shit into sought after collectibles.
Post 45 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl_H
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder

How much you got?

I don't want to embarrass myself.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Since I rely on sales to pay for the buying and grading, I'm honestly conflicted. I haven't sent a submission to CGC in about 4 years. And I'm not particularly unhappy with the grades I get from CBCS. But then I buy a CGC book on Ebay and when I get to inspect it closely I realize that I probably should be buying only CBCS and submitting only to CGC.

Ultimately it's really not Mr. Overstreet or Mr. Barack who get to determine grading standards...it's the market. And right now the market is saying that they accept the lower standards CGC is using. And honestly the most powerful forces in the industry have significant interest in seeing to it that the market accepts CGC standards, so I don't see that changing soon.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@BigRedOne

I was tired, cranky and took your response totally the wrong way. My bad on that. I was trying to fix my snarky response, but didn’t in time.

My apologies.

I certainly didn't mean to been disrespectful of your post and I apologize if it came off that way.

I myself am guilty of some hasty "Late night post"

I very much appreciate the initial post as it created some good discussion. That's more than can be said about most of the boring topics that often get posted.

It's all good and no big thing

regards
John
Post 48 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
No Interest

* Registry
* Magazine slabs

2017 called. They want their gripes back.
Post 49 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabberwookie
@BigRedOne

My apologies.

I certainly didn't mean to been disrespectful of your post and I apologize if it came off that way.

I myself am guilty of some hasty "Late night post"

I very much appreciate the initial post as it created some good discussion. That's more than can be said about most of the boring topics that often get posted.

It's all good and no big thing

regards
John

Thanks! You're a good guy, and I was being a jerk.

Anyway, I may have to get with Mountie on that set up. That might accomplish what I'm looking for.

I swear display of your favorite books seems to be the million dollar question sometimes.
Post 50 IP   flag post
597867 50 25
This topic is archived. Start new topic?