Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Undiscovered Country Discussion10441

Collector Ladic private msg quote post Address this user
One of the most hyped comics in recent memories, anyone read it yet? will this be the next walking dead?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Don't know, but I have #1 on my pull list. Did it become the flipper's delight yet?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ninjarobert private msg quote post Address this user
It's a very good read. Next walking dead? I don't know. Guess it depends on how the movie turns out.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector ninjarobert private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Don't know, but I have #1 on my pull list. Did it become the flipper's delight yet?

I doubt it's very flippable. Movie option was announced well before release (I think two months ago) giving enough people time to add to pull list.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Damnit I came here for a Star Trek discussion
Post 5 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@ninjarobert, thanks for the info. I didn't know it was already optioned. I just read the synopsis at Previews World and thought it sounded interesting. I might pick up a copy after work since my pull list comes to me monthly.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
not sure if it was on my list - probably not, seems like the same dish of food just arranged differently (Walking Dead, Revolution, Handmaids Tale, Fahrenheit 451 etc. etc. ad nauseam )

Ever notice how the dystopian versions of the future it's usually the US that's gone hell and everywhere else is pretty much ok?? I think I'm getting burnt out and numb to these types of stories.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I thought The Strain was a cool take on the genre. Even enjoyed the TV show.

At this point though I don't feel there is any room left for more zombies....
Post 8 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
not sure if it was on my list - probably not, seems like the same dish of food just arranged differently (Walking Dead, Revolution, Handmaids Tale, Fahrenheit 451 etc. etc. ad nauseam )

Ever notice how the dystopian versions of the future it's usually the US that's gone hell and everywhere else is pretty much ok?? I think I'm getting burnt out and numb to these types of stories.

Hey!? I'm not sure what Fahrenheit 451 you're referring to but Ray Bradbury's book ROCKS!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
@sportshort yes, yes, 451 is great...just saying though at this point I can't handle any more comics or books, shows, movies etc. in which the US Manages to either F the world or just themselves - I just need something different and that particular theme has grown old for me.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
@sportshort yes, yes, 451 is great...just saying though at this point I can't handle any more comics or books, shows, movies etc. in which the US Manages to either F the world or just themselves - I just need something different and that particular theme has grown old for me.

Weren't Mad Max and Mad Max 2 The Road Warrior set in an Australia? That's kind of the bar in the dystopian future arts for me.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Towmater Yep actually mad Max 1, 2 and 3 are set in Oz. God only knows where the reboot was set at. Anyway movie reboot was good. Silver paint and shinny 😛
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
It's going to end up in the Outcast territory...pushing 100K print run and a majority of those purchased were probably solely multiple copies by the spec crowd to flip because it was optioned....which at that print run, good luck.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Damnit I came here for a Star Trek discussion

That's exactly what I was thinking too.
Post 14 IP   flag post

Post 15 IP   flag post

Post 16 IP   flag post

Post 17 IP   flag post

Post 18 IP   flag post
Jokes aside I'll have to keep a look out for the book
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Lots of variant covers, too. Several exclusives to LCS around the country. Print run has tons of copies but lots of diff covers.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Walking Dead had a low print run and came out of no where. The next time we see the "next" Walking Dead it will be too late.

That being said, I anticipate the print run of this book to be huge since it was optioned before it came out which helps drive the speculation craze.
Post 21 IP   flag post
If the print run was under 8000 then it had a print run more than double that of TMNT #1 (3275).
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Buckets private msg quote post Address this user
I Believe I heard that this issue was open order and fully returnable at a later date. Shops could order as many as wanted and return unsold copies at a later date.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Not a spec book but a fully promoted book
Post 24 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like a lot of effort/contrivance was put into making sure this book sells through heavy at the retail level. This doesn't typically translate well into resell value.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
If the print run was under 8000 then it had a print run more than double that of TMNT #1 (3275).

80,000....and just went to 2nd printing.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
I thought it was an interesting read, not earth-shaking but Im going to stick with it for a few issues to see whats what.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulbg2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater

80,000....and just went to 2nd printing.

I was responding to @Hcanes Walking Dead post. Allegedly, the Walking Dead #1 had a print run under 8,000. I think the next Walking Dead is going to be Farmhand. Although, it had a print run around 27,000.

I think the Turtles will always be a better investment that the Walking Dead. The Turtles are generational and keep being reworked for the next generation of kids. Meaning they always fit into the memories of people. The same can't be said for the Walking Dead.
Post 28 IP   flag post
601274 28 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?