Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL Week 10 Thread & Picks10437

I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Minnesota at Dallas Sunday night should be a helluva game. Kirk Cousins seems to have his groove on and I hope he picks the Dallas defense apart.

@Jesse_O this game is for you, Brother!
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Post 27 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Stafford is out for the Lions today.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley thanks for continuing the football picks!!! Do you mind taking them over? I am using the hospital’s tablet and I just don’t know how to do anything more than the minimum on it.

@comic_book_man Good job on picking Atlanta!! That was a fun game to watch!
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Atlanta...check!
Tennessee...check!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@comic_book_man I thought about taking Arizona. The rest of those teams, I think, are a pretty big reach. Good luck, bro. You’re gonna need it 🙂.

No luck needed wuahahahahah!!

Welcome back @Jesse_O !!
Studley and I did week 9 and 10 while you were away.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
Atlanta...check!
Tennessee...check!

Quote:
@comic_book_man I thought about taking Arizona. The rest of those teams, I think, are a pretty big reach. Good luck, bro. You’re gonna need it 🙂.

Welcome back @Jesse_O !!

I’m glad you kept them going. Thanks!

And Green Bay gets a huge helping call from their refs with the bogus roughing the passer call. Why isn’t the league doing anything about this? The fact they didn’t get any points from it is just a fluke!!
Post 32 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O why dont we have the winner post each week?
Post 33 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Atlanta...check!
Tennessee...check!

Quote:

Welcome back @Jesse_O !!

And Green Bay gets a huge helping call from their refs with the bogus roughing the passer call. Why isn’t the league doing anything about this? The fact they didn’t get any points from it is just a fluke!!

And the refs conveniently overlook a GB facemask call and tag Carolina for holding. At least the penalties would offset.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Jesse_O why dont we have the winner post each week?

Well, I intended to do each week myself just to make it simple, but I am not able to do that now. I’m trying to learn how to use a tablet, but I am so used to my pc that I can’t seem to grasp all things it can do. Whatever works for the group is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
Atlanta...check!
Tennessee...check!

Quote:

Welcome back @Jesse_O !!

And the refs conveniently overlook a GB facemask call and tag Carolina for holding. At least the penalties would offset.

I’m really sick of it. I’ve never been one to whine about refs, but last year and this year the refs at Green Bay have just been terrible! They all make mistakes, but the calls usually have an equal chance of being called on either team, not so in GB.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@comic_book_man No luck needed? You should buy a lottery ticket! Seriously, I definitely didn’t see either of those coming. Good job! I did have a bad feeling about the Lions when they announced that Stafford would not play. Another season circling the drain.😔 🦁 Hopefully they can win against Dallas next week. At least that would make them 3-0 in games that I paid to go see. That would be something, at least.
Post 36 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O So glad to see you back here! You have been missed! Hope your recovery is full and fast.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp hitting 3 out of 4 of my island longshots aent bad!
I am disappointed in a few of my picks and I will need to rethink my strategy for week 11.
There seems to be a common theme in that underdogs win if they have a superior positive records facing an opponent with a lesser positive record.
This occurred in 2 of the last 3 weeks, Houston > Jacksonville & Minnesota > Dallas.
You would think it was more common, but its actually kind of rare and to me an easy indicator of negative skewing.

Simply having a better record, being a favorite or underdog, or being away or home means nothing in this verdict - so I think it has to do with when two competitive teams face, the math behind the projected scoring can unfavorably lead us to think that a team like DALLAS will win...but in reality Minnesota is the superior team, with the superior record going into it. Projected to lose by 6 pts? Nah!

Keep an eye out for that, Houston and Minnesota should of both been favorites in those matchups but due to sheisty vegas math became underdogs.
Post 38 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp @Studley_Dudley @PhantomEwan @Lonestar - It looks like you all have 6 correct, and I have 7 (leading)...

which means it all comes down to:
@michaelekrupp @PhantomEwan - you both picked Seattle so if they win then we have a 3 way tie and the Monday night points will solve.

Did I miss anyone?

If SF wins, I win.
If Seattle wins:
@michaelekrupp = 43 or less
@PhantomEwan = 56 or more
@comic_book_man = between 44 and 55

GOOD LUCK ALL!!
Post 39 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
You missed me, I think I might have 3 correct, haven't checked yet
Post 40 IP   flag post
@flanders hehe
Post 41 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man I never look at the spread. I always go by which team I think is the better team, or the team I think is playing better football at the time. A good strategy most of the time, although it failed me somewhat this week. If there were rematches tomorrow, I would make the same choices again.

Looks like we are in for an interesting finish this week. Go Hawks!
Post 42 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp I dont really use spread either, but I do think it's interesting since its the vegas projection of the scoring. I imagine a lot of math is involved, so it acts as a strong foundation.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Tonight, win or lose, doesn't matter. I think I got last place this week. LOL
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@comic_book_man I never look at the spread. I always go by which team I think is the better team, or the team I think is playing better football at the time. A good strategy most of the time, although it failed me somewhat this week. If there were rematches tomorrow, I would make the same choices again.

Looks like we are in for an interesting finish this week. Go Hawks!

Years ago, I used to look at the spread before picking games and found that it influenced my picks. So I stopped doing so and always now make my picks based upon what I have see the previous week/weeks. It's not always about who is the better team, but also who needs the game more/match ups/gut feeling. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Go 49ers!... although I can see this as possibly their first loss.
Post 46 IP   flag post
If SF wins, I win.
If Seattle wins:

I am a little unclear on the math involved here for the tiebreaker. Wouldn’t it be whoever was closest in guessing the total points regardless of whether they guessed over or under the actual number? For example, if the total points were 55 wouldn’t @PhantomEwan be the winner since 56 is closer to the total than 44? Just wondering.
Post 47 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp oh yeah, duh. Haha you are correct! So for me its 44-49, and for Phantom its 51+

If its 50 we tie again!
Post 48 IP   flag post
@michaelekrupp and for you its 43 or less still.
Post 49 IP   flag post
That sounds right to me. Just wanted to make sure we are all on the same page.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
If SF wins, I win.
If Seattle wins:

I am a little unclear on the math involved here for the tiebreaker. Wouldn’t it be whoever was closest in guessing the total points regardless of whether they guessed over or under the actual number? For example, if the total points were 55 wouldn’t @PhantomEwan be the winner since 56 is closer to the total than 44? Just wondering.

Good question. I thought it was who was closest 'over or under' as opposed to a Price Is Right tie breaker.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

That's Wilson. I can see:
It's 4th Down and 304 yards to go, Wilson takes the snap and drops back and is flushed out of the pocket by Nick Bosa. Bosa chases Wilson for 5 minutes when the Game clock expires, and Wilson heaves the ball backwards for 2 touchdowns, winning the Game by 1 point.

Just watch.
Post 52 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder well at this point I'm just starting to question my reality all together. Which scoring do we use?!?!?
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I need Jimmy G. to have a good game for SF so I can win my FF game. 2 TD's, 250 yds and no int's should do it. Go SF!
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

That's Wilson. I can see:
It's 4th Down and 304 yards to go, Wilson takes the snap and drops back and is flushed out of the pocket by Nick Bosa. Bosa chases Wilson for 5 minutes when the Game clock expires, and Wilson heaves the ball backwards for 2 touchdowns, winning the Game by 1 point.

Just watch.

No erectile dysfunction in the commentators booth tonight, that's for sure.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600844 63 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?