Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

NFL Week 10 Thread & Picks10437

Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Hey all. I'll post this up since Jesse is on the sidelines for a little bit. Here's the bracket.

Post 1 IP   flag post

Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
A lot of really tough calls this week. I could have went the other way on half of these picks. Hopefully I guessed right 🤷‍♂️.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

@Studley_Dudley Thanks for starting the thread this week.
Still in my survivor pool. I think there's 27 left. Starting to get tough. Survivor pick of the week is Indianapolis.
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
I wont be able to get my pick in on time before tomorrows game so I'll take the LA Chargers since nobody else here picked them. Figured I'd spice it up...

I'll get my full sheet in later this week!
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
I wont be able to get my pick in on time before tomorrows game so I'll take the LA Chargers since nobody else here picked them. Figured I'd spice it up...

I'll get my full sheet in later this week!

I thought you intended to win this week. LOL
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder we shall see!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder In my own defense, Raiders are the @home underdogs...just saying
Post 9 IP   flag post
I almost took the Chargers. Definitely not counting them out. Like about half the games this week, it’s basically a coin toss.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
I almost took the Chargers. Definitely not counting them out. Like about half the games this week, it’s basically a coin toss.

Yeah. All my picks were based on gut feeling. In fact, my picks every week are based the same. Probably why I never win. LOL

If there was money involved then I would certainly check the sports resources.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Look what the Chargers did last week to the Packers."On any given Sunday" you just never know.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Look what the Chargers did last week to the Packers."On any given Sunday" you just never know.

I think many times an elite team will go into a game thinking they are SUPPOSED to win as apposed to TRYING to win and it doesn't pan out.
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder if this was for money I wouldn’t be doing it at all. I am in it for fun, not profit! And losing money is definitely not fun!
Post 14 IP   flag post
@siggy I know, I picked against the 49ers again. I guess it’s true that some people never learn! On the other hand, I just can’t see them going 16-0 and this seems like as good a place as any for them to stumble.
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Taking Oakland tonight I'll post the rest later.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
Oakland tonight more to come later.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Taking the Chargers tonight. Have other picks in this weekend.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp Just havin' fun
The Seahawks, or more specifically Russell Wilson, frustrate[s] me to no end! This could easily be the game they lose first.
I agree it's unlikely they'll go undefeated, nor do we think they'll go all the way, but each week they make that just a liiittle harder to say LOL
As a lifetime fan, the past few years of patient waiting were tough, and the wife and I are just relieved they're competetive. What has us smiling is even if they go .500 for the rest of the season, they'll finish 12-4. Good Playoff odds.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
@Pre_Coder we shall see!!
Mistakes were made.
Post 20 IP   flag post

Boo Chargers.
Post 21 IP   flag post
I'm all alone on Tennessee, Atlanta, Arizona, and Pittsburgh island.
I guess I need some risky picks in order to make up for my Chargers debacle...
Post 22 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man I thought about taking Arizona. The rest of those teams, I think, are a pretty big reach. Good luck, bro. You’re gonna need it 🙂.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
@siggy I know, I picked against the 49ers again. I guess it’s true that some people never learn! On the other hand, I just can’t see them going 16-0 and this seems like as good a place as any for them to stumble.
That is what I thought last week thinking the Panthers would do it. I do believe Seattle could beat them. Like you said, I cannot see them going 16-0. Look at Baltimore taking taking down the Patriots last week. Baltimore's running game looked real strong and kept Brady on the sideline more than normal.You just never know. I am glad I am not a professional gambler. I would be in big trouble.
Post 24 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Post 25 IP   flag post
Minnesota at Dallas Sunday night should be a helluva game. Kirk Cousins seems to have his groove on and I hope he picks the Dallas defense apart.

@Jesse_O this game is for you, Brother!
Post 26 IP   flag post

Post 27 IP   flag post
Stafford is out for the Lions today.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Post 29 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley thanks for continuing the football picks!!! Do you mind taking them over? I am using the hospital’s tablet and I just don’t know how to do anything more than the minimum on it.

@comic_book_man Good job on picking Atlanta!! That was a fun game to watch!
Post 30 IP   flag post
601364 63 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?