Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
It is really good to see your presence here again.I hope your health improves quickly.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector peterc777 private msg quote post Address this user
Get well @Jesse_O !
You're missed by a lot of us here on the forum.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Really scary stuff Jesse_O. Hope you are feeling better. Thanks for the stark reminder to get the flu shot.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Jesse_0, It is great to see you on the boards again! Take your time, recover and feel better.
Keep us updated on how your doing, you have a lot of people pulling for you!
Post 54 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Really great to hear from you...!

Marty
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Great to hear you are doing better!!!
Post 56 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O take it nice and slow, your health is too important to rush anything. Good to hear form you!
Post 57 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Take care mate đź‘Ť
Post 58 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Glad to hear you’re doing better and good luck finding what you need to stay well! Don’t let all the insurance garbage get you too down and try to keep positive whenever you can!

Post 59 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks everyone!!!

I really do appreciate the support!

This forum and the members here mean the world to me. I know some of us don't see eye to eye on many things, but we all have passion for comics. Our reasons for our passion varies from individual to individual. Maybe your reason is nostalgia. Maybe it is monetary. Or perhaps you love to get lost in the worlds of your favorite series. Whatever the reason may be, you ended up here. And I feel we are kind of a family here ... a dysfunctional one for certain, but a family nonetheless.

Like any family, there are going to be disagreements and arguments. There are going to be some that you are excited to see and some you cringe at the thought of seeing. There are even a few “black sheep” that aren’t talked about and aren’t allowed here anymore. And like uncle Sal’s toupee or aunt Betty’s third husband who was a bank robber, we even have topics that are taboo to discuss.

I guess what I am trying to say is that many of you have come to mean something to me in my life. For that, I am thankful.

Peace.
Post 60 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Arak

While I can see the need to bring some levity in this difficult time. You my friend have an extremely "unique" sense of humor.

I am not certain but I believe it was issued to me at Fort Benning ... seriously I think it is common and textbook for soldiers, first responders, emergency room nurses

you should hear a bunch of soldiers playing the dozen. Imagine a guy who saved your life or vice versa sitting next to you right before a mission kicks off and says " hey ! when we get back to garrison .. You mind if I **** your old lady, wife, daughter, mom etc in the A$$ "

to me this is funny as hell!
Post 61 IP   flag post
Dude, you got one messed up POS sense of humor. I am not impressed at all.

Who are you? because if your not the person I was trying to make laugh, someone I served with, family or close friend then your opinion means nothing to me..... but I might lose a little sleep tonight since you were not impressed... in fact 10 minutes from now I wont even remember your name
Post 62 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arak
Dude, you got one messed up POS sense of humor. I am not impressed at all.

Who are you? because if your not the person I was trying to make laugh, someone I served with, family or close friend then your opinion means nothing to me..... but I might lose a little sleep tonight since you were not impressed... in fact 10 minutes from now I wont even remember your name

Thank you very much for your service.
Post 63 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Arak

While I can see the need to bring some levity in this difficult time. You my friend have an extremely "unique" sense of humor.

I am not certain but I believe it was issued to me at Fort Benning ... seriously I think it is common and textbook for soldiers, first responders, emergency room nurses

you should hear a bunch of soldiers playing the dozen. Imagine a guy who saved your life or vice versa sitting next to you right before a mission kicks off and says " hey ! when we get back to garrison .. You mind if I **** your old lady, wife, daughter, mom etc in the A$$ "

to me this is funny as hell!

@Arak
While I am not accustomed to that type of humor. I would imagine given the seriousness of the situations you and people who save others, are placed in, you have to deal with that trauma in a less conventional or different way or go insane.

As @Pre_Coder so eloquently stated. Thank you very much for your service.
Post 64 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte
Please understand that I am sure @Arak did t mean to offend you, but Military, Law Enforcement, and any trauma based jobs (doctors) see things a little differently. The individual needs to know their audience, or they can be construed as an A-â—Ź, but I know where Arak is coming from. I was military mortuary affairs for 12 years and then Federal Corrections for last 15 years. Get us in a group and you will here some weird stuff.

That all being said...this is a post wishing Jesse_0 the best. Hope all is progressing in a favorable manner Jesse. Get well
Post 65 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Mountie73

I'm not offended. And I sincerely hope my post didnt convey that. People who serve to help others, whether in military or civilian status deserve a special honor. People are typically self centered. People who help others are a special breed of humans. Nobody knows the hell veterans and first responders have to deal with. As such, I am quite sincere when I say thank you for your service.

That being said and back to the topic on hand.

I'm just glad jesse is okay. Although perhaps not quite as brutal as actual war, some of flaming and hostility he diffuses, he needs a raise or place of honor as well.

=)

Mr. Borock.
I also do have a book or 2 set aside to be auctioned off if we are still doing that.
Post 66 IP   flag post
Wishing so often that people would walk a mile in my shoes before they criticize and accuse. I took my own advise and tried to put myself in your life. I regret that my methods were misconstrued and apologize if my sense of humor has hurt or damaged anyone. It was not my intent. I have spent my life trying to protect... So to do someone harm on a forum with a group which I am very fond of is counterproductive and unacceptable.
I will say this last piece
Imagine if you will , your about to start a rescue, ambush, S&D etc etc and your brother next to you has caught a bad case of the nerves/heebiejeebies/ willys... now this is someone you share a bond with . a very strong bond. someone who you would rush through hell to recover or even take a bullet for. training dictates that you have to change his state,snap them out of it.. trust me it pretty much happens to everyone at least once or twice. So you say something to them that , back on the block would be considered words to fight or die over.. something so outlandish that the momentary nerves are forgotten because for half a second their minds like" what did you say about my 6 year old daughter? just a quick a light goes on and they realize the jeebies are gone and that you have just done them a solid out of brotherly love. But neither of you would ever dare say some weak a$$ $h*t as that when they go in the hospital they dont want to hear.. " at least you still have one good nut" I know I didnt "were praying for you" it usually is more like " damn ranger ... how long you planning on milking this little flesh wound?. But having read this ...I now realize that I wanted Jesse to smile and feel good but I was guilty of not putting myself in civie shoes . Mea Culpa -Lo siendo
Post 67 IP   flag post
Jesse- are you going to milk this thing all week are are you coming back tonight (Military humor) I wish you all the best and Crystal and I are praying for you
Post 68 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
- deleted
Post 69 IP   flag post
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I do appreciate them.

@Arak, while I don’t understand the humor that many servicemen and women develop, I take no offense with what you have posted.

I’m still in the hospital waiting to get sent to rehab. I’ve been in the hospital for 20 days now. The hospital has been looking to get me into rehab after the 3rd or 4th day. My insurance has been the main obstacle to me getting out of here. I’m doing everything the doctors and therapists tell me to do. Sooner or later, they’ll have to let me go somewhere. It’s frustrating and hospital food gets old very quickly. Don’t ask me what I would do for a slice of pepperoni pizza right now!!!

Again, thank you all for your concern.
Post 70 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Don’t ask me what I would do for a slice of pepperoni pizza right now!!!

I will eat several in your honor!
Post 71 IP   flag post
@antoniofett LOL!! Let me know how they were!
Post 72 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I'm sorry to hear you're in the hospital! I'm still trying to catch up on things after being on vacation. Is it the flu? That sucks! I got my flu shot several weeks ago. (Vets get them for free at Walgreens) It's funny that you mentioned hospital food. My daughter has a kidney disease and when she was younger she was hospitalized frequently. She would tell me, Daddy, I don't mind staying in the hospital because I LOVE their scrambled eggs." Hope you get out of there soon!
Post 73 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
Quote:
Don’t ask me what I would do for a slice of pepperoni pizza right now!!!

I will eat several in your honor!

@Jesse_O Later tonight I'll salute you with a sausage supreme wo/pepperoni. Just the thought of pepperoni gives me the schitzeroni.
Post 74 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. I do appreciate them.

@Arak, while I don’t understand the humor that many servicemen and women develop, I take no offense with what you have posted.

Noting what was posted in post 61 of the thread I’ve learned something about what is or isn’t considered “vulgar or profane” and can be posted on the CBCS forum.
@Arak Please accept my apology and ignore my post if you’ve read it. I’ll be deleting it as it serves no purpose.
Post 75 IP   flag post
@OGJackster I had influenza b and pneumonia that lead to respiratory failure. I passed out in front of the county nurse who came to check in on me. We had decided that I needed to get to urgent care so we called the ambulance and I lost consciousness getting to the stretcher. They had to put the tube down my throat and I was unconscious for about 30 hours. I woke up when they took the tube out.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Quote:

I never thought for a moment you would my ninja awesome to see you kicking it with us. now give me the physical address I am going to get a couple of strippers to bring you over a supreme with everything on it... and the funny part is you think I am kidding stay strong little brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Noting what was posted in post 61 of the thread I’ve learned something about what is or isn’t considered “vulgar or profane” and can be posted on the CBCS forum.
@Arak Please accept my apology and ignore my post if you’ve read it. I’ll be deleting it as it serves no purpose.

Towmater- thank you and yes I happily accept. My dear departed mother use to say it takes a true man to admit when they are wrong and apologize...and in public, Mad respect dude! I am curious, what form of law enforcement? You did say Leo. and at your request I have blanked out all the rest, but I would like to know that part.
Post 77 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Hey, Jesse, some old friends stopped by to say hello...

Post 78 IP   flag post
Quote:
Towmater- thank you and yes I happily accept. My dear departed mother use to say it takes a true man to admit when they are wrong and apologize...and in public, Mad respect dude! I am curious, what form of law enforcement? You did say Leo. and at your request I have blanked out all the rest, but I would like to know that part.

Apparently I was wrong to think that posting (how did you write it? Wait, a quote will work better)

Quote:
..." hey ! when we get back to garrison .. You mind if I **** your old lady, wife, daughter, mom etc in the A$$ "

wouldn't be found to be profane or vulgar. Yes, I learned something very new today about the CBCS forum and what is allowed on it. Therefore, I made the apology and deleted my post about what I express to those I teach at the academy about posting things on the internet, their shelf life, and how the general public has different life experiences than those that serve and different standards they hold those to when judging them.

To answer your question...I was a local guy. At the end of my career I asked myself daily why I didn't go federal. I should have. Each day I drive the point of going federal into my son's head whenever he talks about wanting to be a LEO. Of course, if he states he wants to be a fireman we chat about going to Eastern KY University to get his bachelor's degree in Fire, Arson, and Explosion. That way if he doesn't want to pursue being a fireman he can go BATF.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
My dear departed mother use to say it takes a true man to admit when they are wrong and apologize...and in public,

So very true I can hear my poor auld father saying exactly the same thing to me when I was a young lad as if it was only yesterday đź‘Ť
Post 80 IP   flag post
597970 102 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.