Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
As some of you know, Jesse got sick and went to the hospital.

I just spoke to him and he is in great spirits despite everything and he is doing much better. Heck, he even mentioned to say "Hello" to all on this forum.

All that said, Jesse will have some medical bills and now needs to move to be closer to family to help him out. Once I know the financial implications, I will start a GoFundMe and start a sales thread here that all can donate something to raise money for Jesse if you feel so inclined.

Not only is Jesse like a brother to me, he also makes these boards a much better place. You will not find a more gentle soul than his. It's so hard to find people like him and I am proud to call him "brother".

I will try and post more updates as time allows..........
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Jesse and I have had our differences over the years, but Iโ€™d be happy to send a book out to help the guy. Lord knows most of us have plenty of those ๐Ÿ˜
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
let us know how we can help
Post 3 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
let us know how we can help

Will do!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
When I first arrived on this forum it was Jesse that convinced me I had made a good choice. So sorry to see this.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector antoniofett private msg quote post Address this user
If you see this Jesse, get better man! We need your Witty insight on the forms!
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniofett
If you see this Jesse, get better man! We need your Witty insight on the forms!

Very well said @antoniofett ...ditto 100%
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O if you can read this brother then get yourself better! This place isn't the same without you. You and one other member are the only reason I keep coming back to this forum lol. You are indeed one of the nicest people I "know" and I'm honored to call you friend. Fair winds and healing vibes sir.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
Will definitely help out where I can. Whether it's a book for an auction benefit or a GoFund Support, you have mine. You have always been there when I needed a question answered.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O - Hurry up and feel better, it's not the same without Odin's watchful eye on these forums. I miss you my friend. Hope you return soon and in better health.
Post 10 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
A short time ago Jesse mentioned his health wasn't good, and when he disappeared without a word I figured things took a bad turn.

@Jesse_O Hope your back soon and feeling a lot better. Sure miss you bro!
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Jesse_O is a positive presence on this forum. He's a fair moderator and a great contributor. I enjoy reading his posts and he has much to offer. I look forward to his return and I wish him all the best.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O wishing you a speedy recovery. You always did right by the forums. Also you aren't so bad for a Vikes fan ๐Ÿ˜‰
Post 13 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Get well soon Jesse.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@sborock I know we've had our differences in opinion on your business model - but thank you for keeping us updated on his condition. @jesse_o is someone I both respect and appreciate. I've been worried about him for over a week. Hurry back Jesse! The CBCS community needs and misses you. Safe recovery!!
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Jesse does a really good job moderating this forum. He also seems like a passionate collector and good guy. Hope he recovers quickly. I would be happy to put a book up to help out.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
We all wish you a healthy recovery & look forward to your triumphant return my friend. Itโ€™s definitely not the same without you! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿบ
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
Get well soon, Jesse!
Post 18 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Get well soon Jesse...

Marty
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Paulbg2000 private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry to hear this, hope you feel better Jesse.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Also sending well wishes; come back soon.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Maybe, we could chip in and get him some Tank Girl goodness, just as a way of letting him know we are thinking about him?

Get well soon, Jessie!
Post 22 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jabberwookie

That is a wonderful thought and I thought that exact thought too. But we should wait until we hear more before making a decision.

You figure he is going to be moving soon. Things can get damaged or misplaced. There is also ideas about a go fund me and submitting books for auction on his behalf.

Personally getting Bill's out of the way would be more important than acquiring a cool book I might need to sell to pay for bills.

My vote is to wait until we know all the facts and try and coordinate what would be the best course of action for his benefit.

My 1 cent on the matter.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
I'll definitely send something in for the auction. Feel better soon, Jesse!
Post 24 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Get well soon, Jesse!
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Jabberwookie

That is a wonderful thought and I thought that exact thought too. But we should wait until we hear more before making a decision.

You figure he is going to be moving soon. Things can get damaged or misplaced. There is also ideas about a go fund me and submitting books for auction on his behalf.

Personally getting Bill's out of the way would be more important than acquiring a cool book I might need to sell to pay for bills.

My vote is to wait until we know all the facts and try and coordinate what would be the best course of action for his benefit.

My 1 cent on the matter.

Yup. Perfectly reasonable. I should have clarified the timeline better.

I mean after he gets settled, and gets his bills under control.

I'm in for both.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
Jesse, I donโ€™t know if you are reading this or not, but my prayers are with you, bro. Hope you make a full and speedy recovery. Football Sundays are just not the same without you! If you ever feel the need for a stack of Harveyโ€™s to read while you are recuperating just let me know where to send them. God bless!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Jesse

Not to minimize your sickness or anything or to infer I am that much better looking then you.I just wanted you to know I walked past a mirror just now.. and my nipples got HARD
Rest easy little brother
Post 28 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Arak

While I can see the need to bring some levity in this difficult time. You my friend have an extremely "unique" sense of humor.
Post 29 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@Arak

While I can see the need to bring some levity in this difficult time. You my friend have an extremely "unique" sense of humor.

Dry sense of humor.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601280 102 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.