Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
There’s a 10% ebay bucks promotion today and tomorrow. No minimim.

I added a Spider-Man comic...won’t apply the 10%...comes up as 1% eBay bucks at checkout.

it’s not the price or category as I’ve tried another comic with this the same category and another lower price and they both came up as 10% eBay bucks at checkout.

Any clues what it might be? I thought the eligible items went by category and min price. Both are debunked in this case.
Post 1 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Did it specifically say use the app?

Also, sometimes if using app, you cant double dip with ebates / rakuten
Post 2 IP   flag post
@Bronte yeah, I’m aware of those “glitches.”

I am using the app and even if I used Ebates/Rakuten it should still come up as 6% eBay bucks (as that discout applies for the non-app purchases.

So get this...The thing about the item I’m considering is that it’s an auction with a “buy-it-now” option. Vice a “or best offer” option. You don’t see too many of these types of auctions anymore.

Anyway, I found another auction with a BIN (not OBO), added it to my cart and sure enough I’d only get 1% eBay bucks for that one too.

So it would seem that live auctions with BINs do not qualify for the ebay bucks promotion...which makes no sense and must be a glitch.

I encourage others who got the same promotion today to test out my theory ...add an auction with a BIN to your cart and see at checkout what % eBay bucks you would get from the purchase.

Assuming it’s a glitch in the software, how does one inform eBay of it?
Post 3 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Did you activate it.(not being a smart ass) It’s 10% if you use the app. (Phone ipad etc). You have to actually go through the app. 6% onsite (laptop or desktop or entering it through safari or windows) I also think it says you can’t transfer it to someone else.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotlift
Did you activate it.(not being a smart ass) It’s 10% if you use the app. (Phone ipad etc). You have to actually go through the app. 6% onsite (laptop or desktop or entering it through safari or windows) I also think it says you can’t transfer it to someone else.

Yes, because the 10% does show up for regular BIN auctions. The problem Seems to be with live auctions with BINs.
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Drogio
Well that’s nice to know. I’ll keep that in mind. I use this as much as I can. It all helps.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
awww shucks...just paid for an invoice - could have got $9 off!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Yep been there done that. Buy the day before
Waited until next morning to pay. Paid at 9am. 10am ebucks notice hits. Called eBay got the so sad to bad speech.
Post 8 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Somewhat off topic.

Do you find you get the offer often if you use it every time? Or do you skip times?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Somewhat off topic.

Do you find you get the offer often if you use it every time? Or do you skip times?

Interesting that you say that. I have gotten a lot of offers the past few weeks as opposed to the past few months...and I took advantage of a few...then boom another one today when another expired on the 30th.

I’ll keep an eye on this trend...
Post 10 IP   flag post
For a few months I got one almost every two weeks. Then it stopped. The other day, therecwas a 20 off 100 but it was hidden in the auction and you had to copy the code. Not something you could click. My dumb ass thought I could come back for it.

Poof gone
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Bronte

It usually (for me) shows up every 2 weeks except during the eBuck redemption period so to answer your question.... yes it seems that way and come to think about it, it was just last week but 8%. Because I used it.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Another thing. It always seems to show up on a Monday or Tuesday
Post 13 IP   flag post
Dang. You are pretty observant. I cant remember what was for breakfast...

Thank you for the info

By the way. My redemption in is November. Is everybody's the same?

Scratch that. I was thinking ebates
Post 14 IP   flag post
Well here it is Tuesday 11/12 and up pops a 10% eBay bucks offer.. runs until Thursday 11/14 midnight..
Post 15 IP   flag post
@Gotlift

Mine dissapeared when I clicked on it. So much for the deal
Post 16 IP   flag post
Try going into your notifications sometimes it’s there.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Gotlift

Messages and notifications empty.

In a way it's good. I have no money to spend. Credit cards are a dangerous thing....
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Same happened to me today. Got the pop-up notification on my phone but nothing was there when I clicked it. Not in my email or notifications.
Post 19 IP   flag post
@Helric1

That's the 2nd offer to go poof!

The first I would have really liked though. % off 100 or more. Pretty sure it wasn't ebucks. Never even seen the offer in that format before
Post 20 IP   flag post
Ok I found it. Go to my eBay and click on messages. It should be the top one. Click it and it opens to the activation screen.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
There’s a 10% ebay bucks promotion today and tomorrow.

I got a 10% in eBay Bucks on every qualifying item of $50 or more today.
Post 22 IP   flag post
600482 22 22
This topic is archived. Start new topic?