Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
Movie was ok. Ending was poor
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
That's a shame

Overdue a good terminator movie
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’ll be honest, the first trailer I saw worried me. It looked like the movie had an overt feminist agenda.

Which, when properly presented is completely understandable and even appropriate. But if it saturates every frame of a movie, it’s overbearing and distracting. What should be one ingredient becomes the singular flavor.

I’ll end up seeing it on video or T.V., but I’m glad I didn’t spend theater prices to see it.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
I liked it, best since #2 that's for sure.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I liked Genisys a lot. It created an alternate timeline, so, they were free to do whatever they wanted while keeping the original continuity intact.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Terminator franchise is one of my favorite series, including the tv show. I doubt I will be disappointed. Shame it only brought in $29M - that is quite embarrassing, I must admit.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/terminator-dark-fate-brings-franchise-142458274.html

The new Paramount release had been projected to open in the $40 million ballpark but only grossed $29 million in the U.S. and $102 million oversees, a sign the film’s international box office won’t be enough to save it. Despite solid reviews and the highly-touted returns of James Cameron and Linda Hamilton to the franchise, “Dark Fate” barely opened higher than 2015’s despised “Terminator Genisys” (a $27 million start in the U.S.).

The one saving grace behind “Terminator: Dark Fate” bombing at the box office is that it was financed by Paramount, Skydance, and Disney (via 20th Century Fox), so the film’s losses will be split among the studios and not piled solely onto Paramount.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke I liked the TV show as well. Summer Glau was awesome.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I saw the first season of the show, and thought it was solid. I heard it collapsed under the weight of its budget after season 2. But, it was definitely a breath of fresh air for the franchise at the time.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I will have to see it for myself, but from reading the review it hardly seems replacing one character that was male with a female is the much touted feminist agenda...that being said, I haven't seen the picture yet and will reserve judgement
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I just got back from watching it. It was OK. I'd rather they made a movie about Carl and his journey (no spoiler from me there). I think that would be a super interesting movie.

It was good to see Linda and Arnold again. Linda is so good as Sarah. That doesn't make up for the fact that the movie had the same issue the 2nd Indiana Jones movie had. It never stops to let the audience take a breath so they can develop the new characters. If there had been more about Dani's and Grace's future and what they did within it then the movie would have been better. Also, the over the top CGI stunts with the C5 and humvee scenes reminded me of the crap in the fast and the furious movies. Just stupid.
Post 11 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
I saw the first season of the show, and thought it was solid. I heard it collapsed under the weight of its budget after season 2. But, it was definitely a breath of fresh air for the franchise at the time.

The WGA writers strike ultimately prevented FOX from ordering a season 3. I loved the way season 2 ended on a cliffhanger.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Stantheman private msg quote post Address this user
@Ganasouth the trailer looked horrible! glad I skipped it!
Post 13 IP   flag post
I've been thinking about why the movie didn't do well and I think it is because people who aren't my age or older just don't care about the franchise nor Arnold anymore. To the youth of today he's an older actor their parents watch just like the Terminator franchise is a storyline their parents used to watch.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
SLIGHTLY SPOILER

as stated earlier - the movie is ok. just that i did not like the ending. i would give it 3/5. it didn’t bother me that women had a bigger role. just that the timelines and some of the logics within the movie which are flawed.

it is good entertainment - but feels long at times.

now - it would have been a completely different story if it had a post credit scene with an eye powering up
Post 15 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Reading the title, I thought maybe Hamilton did a topless scene to 'bookend' the films.
Glad to read that isn't the case.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy Haha
Post 17 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
The first twenty minutes or so was pretty amazing. They hadn't sold the unstoppable terror of the terminator that well since the first one. The middle was a bit disjoint, on the pacing and plot. They could have done a better job setting up that kid's death, or the future stuff that seemed unrealistically dystopian.

And the 'science' of the weapon they have was sooooo bad. I thought someone would realize what the "E" stands for when they were at that dam that produces all that electricity, but no.

Glossed over a few things. Hand waved important plot points. What was the what with the time ripples? "From a future that doesn't exist?" How does that happen? And all the secrets were so tame when they finally came out I forgot they were secrets.

But the effect and action was good, mostly. It was fun to watch. I also would give it 3 out of 5. If it came on TV next week I'd let it play rather than change the channel.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Good review
I'll wait.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector ronvaughan private msg quote post Address this user
Just saw it in IMAX. I agree
With remarks on thin plot. I thought Linda and Arnold did a decent job. Arnold is still good at this type of role. I get the Fast and Furious reference, that plane and Humvee scenes were over the top. They could have built up the characters a bit more.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
It was better than I expected. The first 2 films remain the best IMO.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Rambo also Flopped..

Sorry to say it.. but

The 80s are over.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel85301
Rambo also Flopped..

Sorry to say it.. but

The 80s are over.

Doctor Sleep didn't open very well either. Looks like you are spot-on.
Post 23 IP   flag post
600892 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?