Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Well yet another collection that needed me to come pick it up. I am really trying to cut back but could not pass this one up About 3000 with the majority in these cool boxes I have not seen before. All bagged and boarded in great shape including some unopened / sealed boxes, some cool variants, signed stuff,a bunch of BCW Comic Book Showcases, and a couple graded ones. This is just the stuff that was loose and easy to take pics of. I will get more pics as my wife and I go through them
Funny thing is the guy said he called one of those "We Buy Comics" places and they didn't even want to come take a look at them.....Good for me

Post 1 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Drooling 🤤
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector daywalker private msg quote post Address this user
And that, my comic friends, is how it’s done!
Post 3 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Also, on a side note from Halloween last night. We handed out a little more than 500 comics. We handed out candy along with the comics so the kids were super excited and happy. Even handed a few out to some of the parents. It was really cool to see the kids get so excited after getting the comics that they almost walked away without candy. It was such a success and so much fun we are going to make this an annual thing.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
F*** me ..people think I am wearing a tie , its just my tongue hanging out
great score my ninja ...
Post 5 IP   flag post
Very cool! I live in Illinois and it actually snowed here yesterday! I only had seven trick or treaters! Usually our whole community gets involved, but the snow put a damper on it this year.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Nice boxes and showcase displays!
That's a TON of comics... what's the price range (give or take) on how much ya bought them all for (if ya don't mind us asking).
Post 7 IP   flag post
@Arak LOL...thanks

@GanaSoth I paid $400 for all of it out the door
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania DAMN ! What a steal.... Good deal man!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Holy crap! He shoots...he SCORES!!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
I wish I could come across something like this. Those graphic boxes, while cool, cost like six or seven bucks more a piece. At a glance I saw 9-12 of them maybe? Just the price difference in those boxes as opposed to reg boxes is like 75 give or take. That’s a quarter of the lot price. Around here we call those books stolen or dope money.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I wish I could come across something like this. Those graphic boxes, while cool, cost like six or seven bucks more a piece. At a glance I saw 9-12 of them maybe? Just the price difference in those boxes as opposed to reg boxes is like 75 give or take. That’s a quarter of the lot price. Around here we call those books stolen or dope money.

There are 15 of the graphic boxes. The guy just sold his house,was moving out of state, and didn't want to move them..Just got lucky nobody emailed him before me.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
Quote:

There are 15 of the graphic boxes. The guy just sold his house,was moving out of state, and didn't want to move them..Just got lucky nobody emailed him before me.

I picked up a lot like that a few years ago. It’s freakin awesome just going through everything and seeing what treasures you kind find!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

yeah that’s a solid quarter of the lot in those boxes empty, congrats dude. I guess I never thought about how to search for collections much or even if they come up.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

yeah that’s a solid quarter of the lot in those boxes empty, congrats dude. I guess I never thought about how to search for collections much or even if they come up.

Thanks 😀 yeah there are still some great deals to find you just have to keep an eye out.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Now we do expect for you to post pictures of everything, so 3000 pictures!🤪
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by daywalker
Now we do expect for you to post pictures of everything, so 3000 pictures!🤪

I will do my best 😁 good thing my wife loves going through the collections with me.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania Nice score. Great idea handing out comic books for Halloween.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

@GanaSoth I paid $400 for all of it out the door

Day light friging robbery....nice one 👍
Post 19 IP   flag post
So it begins..... Ok these pics are the comics that were in the sealed / unopened boxes. The guy said that he had bought a lot of stuff in the past year and just didn't have time to open them and go though them. The packing slip / invoices were in the boxes and combined for a total of over $500

I was thinking about trying out MyComicShop.com for selling some books. Any info as to how easy it is and how successful the transactions are?

Also if anyone is interested I will make a list of the stuff I am selling to put up here.

Post 20 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I just submitted a first shipment of graded books to MCS for consignment sales. You may be able to sell directly to them, more likely for credit than cash...but for consignment sales I don't think they want to deal with any books with FMV less than $50. Probably because of the logistical cost of checking in, grading, storing, re-packing for shipping, etc. My experience in selling directly to MCS for credit is that when you submit multiples of books that are not extremely liquid, they will grade very harshly.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
I just submitted a first shipment of graded books to MCS for consignment sales. You may be able to sell directly to them, more likely for credit than cash...but for consignment sales I don't think they want to deal with any books with FMV less than $50. Probably because of the logistical cost of checking in, grading, storing, re-packing for shipping, etc. My experience in selling directly to MCS for credit is that when you submit multiples of books that are not extremely liquid, they will grade very harshly.

Thanks for the info. Yeah I was thinking of sending some higher dollar books in for consignment.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So it begins..... Ok these pics are the comics that were in the sealed / unopened boxes. The guy said that he had bought a lot of stuff in the past year and just didn't have time to open them and go though them. The packing slip / invoices were in the boxes and combined for a total of over $500

I was thinking about trying out MyComicShop.com for selling some books. Any info as to how easy it is and how successful the transactions are?

Also if anyone is interested I will make a list of the stuff I am selling to put up here.

* Don't forget your brother in Texas, and Does your wife have a sister? " The loves comics and wants to go thru the boxes with you" I m not gonna lie ...that kind of choked me up man!!!
Yeah I am chill and not super picky.
She must love dogs , motorcycle and horse riding. Scuba diving, the sky diving is her prerogative... jump with me or meet me on the deck with cold beer. have smoking hot a$$, a Mensa qualified I.Q ( does not have to join, just qualified....cause God knows, they are some boring F**kers. a)
Be a sexual tyrannosaurus- appetite wise that is. a bit of a sub .... yeah we know ...queen in the streets, slut in the sheets etc etc yada yada. and last but not least.. be into the whole beauty and the beast thing.... But if anyone calls her beast. I'll kick their a$$
Post 23 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I only entered and mailed raws one at a time at MCS, and I thought their grading was too tight. That was for some pretty good silver and bronze age stuff, where grade really matters. I don't think it would be a good option for you ... unless they are close by and you can drive them in? (And can afford to say 'no' if they offer too little.) But shipping that many on a chance? I don't know. Probably a list and email would be best, to feel them out first.

Maybe just an LCS that has a lot of dollar bins, or can integrate these into their current stock efficiently? But you won't get much that way, either. That's just to get rid of what you don't want after you cherry pick the rest.

Maybe sell blind boxes on eBay? You could do 50 comics for $25, or 25 comics for $15. The 50/$25 would get you $1500 gross, minus fees and expenses. You could also sell runs of comics ... Venom #7 through #16 + annual #1 (2 copies) for, I dunno, $30.00. Or 23 X-Men comics for $45.00. Do a cursory inspection, guarantee at least a 9.2 or 9.4? It could work okay.

Or just get a table at a local show. Could be fun! Dollar boxes, or five comics for $3? Put together a few runs to sell as one, maybe. Have some high-dollar slabs for sale, too.
Post 24 IP   flag post
@Arak lol sorry no sisters but I will have her keep an eye out for you

@Tedsaid Thanks for the info and the ideas. I definitely have to get in gear

Now for some more pics....still got a lot to go through. I was pleasantly surprised to see a few CBCS graded comics in there...Also any help figuring out the signatures on the two Venom books would be appreciated.

Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@MutantMania wow just gets better and better for you 👍
Post 26 IP   flag post
More pics....Also I have a question for everyone. If you were to send 10 books from the ones pictured throughout this post out for grading which 10 would it be?

]

Post 27 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Definitely the Immortal Hulk #1 and #2 ... those alone will pay for the whole shebang. ASM #299 and #301 I'd send in (if 9.6/9.8 candidates) for the Todd McFarlane signature series grades. The early Spider-Man comics, of course, and that early X-Men. Also, the two Wolverine vs. Sabertooth comics, if they are high grade. Venom #1 9.8 sells pretty well. And that Venom #7 is a nice cover, and is going up in price just now.

Maybe the two Dell'Otto virgin covers? I really like his take on Spider-Man. A couple of those copper age X-Men might be worth grading, too.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Silver Age approximately 8.0 or better, Bronze Age approximately 9.0 or better, Copper Age approximately 9.2 or better, and Moderns at least 9.6, preferably 9.8 candidates. Lower grades would be acceptable for most key issues.

Also, would you be interested in selling some of the raw BA/CA ASM’s?
Post 29 IP   flag post
@Tedsaid @esaravo thanks for the tips.
As far as this collection goes I'll probably only keep about 10% - 20% of it. The rest goes into the to sell pile. I'll make a list of the ASM for you as soon as I'm done going through it 😁
Post 30 IP   flag post
600791 32 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?