Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user

I'm not sure how many of you enjoy indy comics from the 1980s, but Hero Alliance by Four Color Comics (and later Innovation) has always been one of my favorites. It's a shame it never took off, it certainly had potential and was much better than much of the schlock that came out during the 1980s indy explosion.

I found some signed copies on eBay for a decent price - I got a notification today on the two copies I bought, and it looks like they're being sold by the writer's spouse. Ten copies apparently are available.

I'm sharing here just for those of you who might be interested - I was pleased to have found this and I have no connection to the seller. I'll be sending mine off to CBCS once I have them in hand for verified signature authentication. As an aside, I thought the auction description was interesing - perhaps you'll agree.

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for the link!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalphoto
Thank you for the link!

No problem. I was thinking some people here might be interested in picking up a copy, and the price certainly is good. Interesting backstory in the auction description too.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Just a quick bump. The post on eBay was pretty stagnant when I bought mine, but since I posted here there's only one of these left for sale (there were 10 originally, and I bought two).

Did any of you manage to pick up a copy?

clickable text
Post 4 IP   flag post
I picked up two copies. I haven't received them yet.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I got mine yesterday. Thankfully they arrived without damage.

They were packed in bags and boards around two pieces of a torn priority mail flat rate envelope stuffed in a bubble mailer. I wasn't happy, but they survived.

I hope yours fares as well or better.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Great! Glad they survived, also.

I do cringe at bubble mailers, fear the worse, and hope for the best...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Just ordered the last copy!!!

I only ever had the comics that were published by Innovation but like you I always thought it could have been more than it was....ah....small press just doesn't catch the breaks sometimes!
Post 8 IP   flag post
597869 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?