Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
Where have you had the best luck selling ungraded comics?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz58
Where have you had the best luck selling ungraded comics?

Not sure what you mean by “luck” but 99% of my sales are through eBay. Been that way for years.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
You price them right you can sell big piles at cons, you sell them in groups you can do pretty good on EBay. The key for both is overhead, eBay fees, cost for a table
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I buy mostly from facebook, anymore.
Post 4 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm pretty sure by luck, he meant success.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano0521
I buy mostly from facebook, anymore.

I don't use facebook for anythign. how does buying comics work?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
there are pages that are purposed just for buying trading and selling anything from comic books to barb wire....you simply read the postings, if there is something you like, you contact that person, and work it out. No fees...free market, and no stringent invasive terms like ebay imposes.
Or you post your items, and terms and see if someone messages and make your sale...much more user friendly, less costly, far less idiot steps, far less big brother style over-reach from ebay, and a truly free market, much like ebay was in its glory days years ago
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
tons of facebook groups specifically designed for selling comics. some are raws only..some are graded only..or...high grade only, CBCS only...etc.etc..not too much fraud either (but it is there), because unless the persons profile is set up to defraud, they'll get destroyed by word of mouth moving forward if they cause grief. it's also easy to get references when everyone is linked.
just sold my x-men 1 and ss1 in facebook
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I've only sold twice around 7 years ago, and both were on the CGC forum. Did very well both times.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
ooops Siggy I was on the impression that the word sell had never found its way into your vocabulary!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
ooops Siggy I was on the impression that the word sell had never found its way into your vocabulary!

Oh, it had. Around 2012 when I settled on the titles I would focus on (ASM and Avengers leading the pack), I started getting rid of most of the comics I acquired that were outside that focus. Not necessarily crap, just very varied.

I was doing well enough and soon thought, "Do I really want an early FF run?" I decided, "No" and sold #20 44-50, & 52

I did well enough with those that I then thought. "Do I really need both of my OO copies of NM98?"

All this was shortly before they climbed. Even before that I felt seller's remorse, so now the only selling I'll be doing will be the under copies that pile up as I upgrade, and those will be to my younger brother who lost his collection to that beach, Katrina [Hurricane]. I don't feel seller's remorse when I do this.

Well, except maybe I kinda wish I hadn't blurted out I'd sell him my Hulk #180 undercopy lol
Post 11 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I sell the majority of mine on eBay but for bulk of 100 or more since I don't have facebook I usually try Craigslist. A lot of flakes on CL though Plus you never get the best money when you sell in bulk.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone tried a listing which gives you a pull-down menu for picking comics? Is it just ebay stores that can do this?

I think a lot of people would buy comics in bulk for cheap ($1 or $2 an issue) and you can get rid of a fair amount of drek if you put all the comics in the same listing, but offered them separately.

I think many buyers are “lazy” and won’t put in the tome to look at what else you have to offer for cheap and combined shipping. I like these style of auctions which just has a pull-down menu and you can see what else can be thrown into them box for a dollar or two.

The pull down method, to me, seems like a good way to sell in “bulk.”

UPDATE: It looks like if you switch to “business tool” then it takes you to more advanced settings which includes an auction with an option for creating “variations” which seems to be what I’m looking for. Will try this out later.
Post 13 IP   flag post
601314 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?