Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeFor SaleRaw Comics For Sale

Collection Pick Ups!!10358

Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
So I just bought my first collection after 25 years. 603 comics, all bagged and boarded and all NM- to NM+. I paid what I thought was fair which was $250 for the one long box and three short boxes. I was figuring putting them out at next comic con for a dollar a piece. I had already gone through the long box and a short box when I made the low ball offer and found runs of Spawn, Avengers West Coast, X-Force, X-Factor, Spiderman, Ghost Rider. The $250 was accepted and when I finally got to looking at the remaining two boxes I came across these beauties! Nuff said..

Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop I'd say you did very well! Awesome pick up!
Post 2 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop scores!!! nice!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I may have need of one of those Spiderman bagged editions if they are still sealed, as well as that Hulk 377 depending if you sell or not..also always buying zatanna and new gods work
Post 4 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
The 300 by itself is worth what you paid, awesome
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
The 300 by itself is worth what you paid, awesome

Yep
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop sure you should be charged with day light robbery 😂😂😂

Nice one 👍
Post 7 IP   flag post
The saying when I was a cop was: Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you! This time I got to eat!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector no1lufcfan private msg quote post Address this user
Ate it...I think you stomped all over it, skinned it and chopped its head off 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. 👍
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Doc_Cop Real Nice Score. The ASM 300 is a newstand copy too.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Bought a few books from the Doc there, and excellent service, good packaging and all around good dude to buy books from, just wanted to give credit where due, thanks Doc
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Darseid - My pleasure, glad I was able to share in the goodies. Thanks for the kind words.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector brandon77 private msg quote post Address this user
That's a great overall purchase!
How did you become aware of this collection?

I'm always curious as to what people's motivations are for selling, and from that, how aware they are about what's valuable/what's not. Especially in the case of ASM#300, anyone who collected comics in any capacity over the past 30 years knows that's a very valuable book, esp in NM-NM+. This would lead me to believe that whomever the seller was, wasn't the original owner, and just wanted to get rid of them. Could be wrong though..
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Brandon77 - I was approached at a local comic show ( I had a table) and the guy confided that a guy owed him $500.00 and couldn't come up with the money so he gave him these books. My offer was fair not seeing the ASM 300 at the time of the offer.
Post 14 IP   flag post
600729 14 14
This topic is archived. Start new topic?