Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
My Bungles are looking real good. 0-8, and not entertaining trade offers for players who should be moved. Skins are being dumb too. I guess I'll turn my focus to the NHL. Damn, that franchise drives me nuts. I wonder what it's like to have a team that is competently run.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Im a Panther fan and I feel the same way. Our coaching and management suck. Without CMC we would easily be 0-7. I get tired of Luke and CMC playing good and everyone else just sucking. I just hope one day they can get a coach and a QB that actually want to win.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Seriously, the one guy (Cordy Glenn) we're looking to trade is already disgruntled. Also, AJ Green is an UFA at the end of the season. Why management would think that he won't walk at the end of the season is beyond me. Green, Atkins, Dunlap, Eifert, Mixon, Kirkpatrick, etc all have trade value, but the team wants to "evaluate the roster" for the rest of the season. There is no reason to not trade anyone who could get some picks for this team that they can blow on players who will be busts. It would be a dumpster fire if that weren't insulting to dumpster fires. I'm sure the 7 picks we have for the 2020 draft will turn the team into an immediate contender. The Brown family still thinks they can run a franchise like it's 1988. I have tickets for one more game, and I'm considering dumping those.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
NFL Week 8 musings:

1. Kirk Cousins was 23-26, 285 yards, no TD's, but no Int's either. Efficient but not great. But good enough against the pathetic Redskins.
2. Matt Schaub threw for 460 yards for the Falcons. Raise your hand if you knew Schaub was still in the league. Not me.
3. Drew Brees is back! Stay ready Teddy, you might be needed again before the season is out. Us old guys tend to get hurt.
4. 49ers are 7-0. Hey Dan Snyder, maybe you shouldn't have kicked the Shanahans out the door. They know how to coach.
5. Is it OK to say that Tom Brady is finally looking old this season, after a game in which he throws for 259 yards and two TD's?
6. Dolphins get the Jets at home next week. Best chance for them to win a game?
Post 54 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by comic_book_man
Nice work @lonestar!!

Thanks. By my calculations, I had the highest correct this week with 14. Only missed on Philly beating Buffalo. Everyone had good weeks with several getting 13 correct.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar way to go, bro! Glad to see you win this week!
Post 56 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar yeah it was a big week!
@jesse_o week 9 thread?
Post 57 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@Siggy I have learned my lesson. No more picking against the 49ers!

Post 58 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Post 59 IP   flag post
601299 59 9
This topic is archived. Start new topic?