Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Events

2019 Holiday gift exchange sign up thread10309

You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm waiting until at least early December.
Post 151 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I didn't wait. Had a day off work so sent it out. My life gets busy from now on up to Xmas so didn't want it to slip my mind.
Post 152 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Yeah, I'm waiting a little while (closer to December) before I ship out my gifts.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I am waiting for mid December to send mine out.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector MarvelousComics private msg quote post Address this user
I am waiting until December to mail something.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I plan to mail mine out the first week of December, hopefully before the 5th.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Grimlock has received his package but we will wait until the actual holiday to open his and mine. This is the first year he has gotten a present so it should be fun
Post 157 IP   flag post
I just recieved my package today, November 21, thanks @Arak !
I'll wait till closer to Christmas before I open it. It's gonna take willpower.... but it's mind over matter.
Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
Alright, I mailed off my packages this morning so they should be arriving this Monday! Like @southerncross said things are just going to be hectic for me as well from now until X-mas, so I wanted to get them shipped out ASAP. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»
Post 159 IP   flag post
I know I said December, but my son had one that had a far ways to travel, so I sent it out today as well.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Thanksgiving is coming up, and I hope all of you have a wonderful time with friends and family.

However, once this week is over...

Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector Arak private msg quote post Address this user
I shipped for us when I had the time .. Like some I can get caught up and dont like things to slip my mind. which brings me to my apology
I received books for myself and Crystal to put "under the tree wrapped" SHOUTOUT to Alex Thank you . She is giddy for Christmas to get here to open hers

I would like to formally apologize to GanaSoth and Grimlock for rushing the process and NOT gift wrapping the books inside the shipping package. I totally blew it. If I would have been thinking ...OF COURSE we should gift wrap. Goofy A$$ me
I would like to correct this if you dont mind. and will happily pay for pro wrapping at a local Dept. store, and or get something from online and send it already wrapped , so that you have something to open on Christmas morning.
Post 162 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arak
I shipped for us when I had the time .. Like some I can get caught up and dont like things to slip my mind. which brings me to my apology
I received books for myself and Crystal to put "under the tree wrapped" SHOUTOUT to Alex Thank you . She is giddy for Christmas to get here to open hers

I would like to formally apologize to GanaSoth and Grimlock for rushing the process and NOT gift wrapping the books inside the shipping package. I totally blew it. If I would have been thinking ...OF COURSE we should gift wrap. Goofy A$$ me
I would like to correct this if you dont mind. and will happily pay for pro wrapping at a local Dept. store, and or get something from online and send it already wrapped , so that you have something to open on Christmas morning.

My god, I didn't even think about wrapping mine, wish you'd posted this last week..mine has already been mailed.
Post 163 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arak

My god, I didn't even think about wrapping mine, wish you'd posted this last week..mine has already been mailed.

Wrapping? Oh, um ... yeah. Yes. I'm wrapping mine. Of course! Who doesn't wrap Christmas presents? Sheesh.
Post 164 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Well it's bubble wrapped, so that must count for something...
Post 165 IP   flag post
@Arak Haha. No need to apologize bro. I'm sure the gift will be fine the way it is.

I honestly don't do Christmas. BUT, my wife loves this time of year and we only do it for her and Max. So, I'm perfectly cool if it's not wrapped; bubble wrapped is plenty fine.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Collector Zombiebigfoot private msg quote post Address this user
@Arak I’m glad your books arrived safe & sound! It was my genuine pleasure to send these out to you & Crystal, and I truly appreciate your grateful sentiments. I’m excited for you both and can’t wait to hear back about her & your reactions! Happy Thanksgiving & Merry Christmas my friend, and please enjoy your holiday season. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»πŸŽ„πŸŽ
Post 167 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
A word on wrapping your gift.

There is a reason this is a "Holiday gift exchange" and not a "secret Santa" or "Christmas gift exchange" thread. We have people with a variety of beliefs in this group. I would just ask that any wrapping not be overly religious please. I don't see this being a problem in our group, but I thought it was worthy of a reminder.
Post 168 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O that's what I was thinking. So it's only wrapped in bubble wrap and hidden by a cardboard box πŸ˜€
Post 169 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I'm wrapping the gift in old Hustlers.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Post 171 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley please be my holiday exchange partner lol. I could tell the wife, β€œbut babe, they were presents.”
Post 172 IP   flag post

Yeah, we are rushing it...since we all want to know...

Post 173 IP   flag post

Post 174 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
Whomever chose me, Thank you beyond all means. It arrived and my suger momma was in shock at the stuff I got, actually she was like, "How am I going to top that for your gift..? I was like "Hun, my birthday is December 4, focus on that first.." LOL

Anyways

I appreciate the kind gesture as I did not expect how awesome you did in the stuff you got me.

I'm looking back at the post history of the person I was given to give gifts to, so it may help in regards to what he likes. Hopefully I will do him justice as it gives me a chance to study up on comic book history that I am not familiar with.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Pics pics pics!
Post 176 IP   flag post
@Gabriel85301 that was me. Not sure if I was suppose to say that. Anyway I'm glad you liked the books. Just more information the Fantastic Four I picked up this year in a comic shop in Avignon France πŸ‘
Post 177 IP   flag post
Pics! We all need pics @Gaberiel85301
Post 178 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
@Gabriel85301 that was me. Not sure if I was suppose to say that. Anyway I'm glad you liked the books. Just more information the Fantastic Four I picked up this year in a comic shop in Avignon France πŸ‘

Yeah, I've been teaching Suger Momma about comics, she finally has figured out Art Germ's style, when she takes me to the store, and she sees his artwork, she'll be like.. ART GERM!

Anyways, she was like "Foreign Fantastic Four #1?" I was like Whoa, someone has been studying..
Post 179 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountie73
Pics! We all need pics @Gaberiel85301

aight..!
Post 180 IP   flag post
603236 360 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?