Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS Signature VSPQuestions

To Have Graded with VSP OR Just Frame?10303

Collector hitmantyler private msg quote post Address this user
Hi Everyone,

I have 2 books I am debating to sending to CBCS with VSP, I have COA for signature on both and witnessed both being signed so know legit. I am having hard time deciding to send or just frame them and frame COA and put on wall. I will never be reading them or removing from Frame if it helps.

What would you do? Send to CBCS with VSP or Just Frame and Put on Wall? I am thinking long long term.

Thanks!
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
What are the books?... title/issue

Welcome!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
What are the books?... title/issue

Welcome!

Spawn 300 Gold Foil Limit of 500, and Spawn 300 Silver Foil Limit of 1,500 both were signed by Todd.

Thank You for response!
Post 3 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
@hitmantyler What do you intend to do with the books? If they were mine and I simply wanted to display them, I would not go to the bother and expense of having them VSP'd and graded. I would just make sure to display them in a manner that protects them well and enjoy them.

But that's just me. 😊
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
@hitmantyler What do you intend to do with the books? If they were mine and I simply wanted to display them, I would not go to the bother and expense of having them VSP'd and graded. I would just make sure to display them in a manner that protects them well and enjoy them.

But that's just me. 😊

I want to use them as like Art for the living room , reading though some say it's better to have graded to preserve them in the long run.. So prompted me to ask you "experts"..
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Living rooms are bright, I might forgo slabbing and red labels for something with some sort of UV protection/filter/etc.. I don't mind red labels for my collection, but they don't look great for displaying. https://www.dynamiccomicdisplays.com/economy-comic-holders has UV filtering/archival plastic fronts. You could use those, but I don't like putting raw comics in a well like this. THey have graded options as well. And I swear they had a spawn one at one point (not seeing it now). It's adding a lot of cost, when I know there are cheaper options around.
Post 6 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmantyler
I want to use them as like Art for the living room , reading though some say it's better to have graded to preserve them in the long run.

Placing the books in relatively thick mylar sleeves with good quality acid-free boards and then, as @etapi65 mentioned, placing the whole package in some type of UV-blocking holder that could be hung on a wall would do the trick.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Living rooms are bright, I might forgo slabbing and red labels for something with some sort of UV protection/filter/etc.. I don't mind red labels for my collection, but they don't look great for displaying. https://www.dynamiccomicdisplays.com/economy-comic-holders has UV filtering/archival plastic fronts. You could use those, but I don't like putting raw comics in a well like this. THey have graded options as well. And I swear they had a spawn one at one point (not seeing it now). It's adding a lot of cost, when I know there are cheaper options around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWeeB1967
Quote:
I want to use them as like Art for the living room , reading though some say it's better to have graded to preserve them in the long run.

Placing the books in relatively thick mylar sleeves with good quality acid-free boards and then, as @etapi65 mentioned, placing the whole package in some type of UV-blocking holder that could be hung on a wall would do the trick.

Not living room just in a certain section..

I have a custom frame coming with 99% UV Glass Rejection before I decided to considered Slabbing.. Had to be custom as it's thicker being 72 Pages. Also it's combo frame so holds both sides by side with a little gap between.
I will leave in Bag and Board which are also Acid-Free boards when framing them.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Taking a high res scan of a cover and framing that on a wall while the book is protected in a cool, dark, dry space is the way I'd go.
Post 9 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Taking a high res scan of a cover and framing that on a wall while the book is protected in a cool, dark, dry space is the way I'd go.

This!!

But I'd also VSP...love the service and I think the authentication adds to the overall art appeal.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:

What would be "cool" defined as? right now the are in a bag and board in top loader sitting on my desk...
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@hitmantyler I think he meant cool as in not warm/hot. Not Fonzie cool.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

This!!

But I'd also VSP...love the service and I think the authentication adds to the overall art appeal.

the way I kinda look at it as now correct me if I am wrong, grading can be cheaper as value of book is low but years from now when increases in value can be more to have graded?

I am thinking long term investment/display.. I am also kind afraid since so limited and signed afraid of sending..
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Right but what temperature is that? I people think my place be cold when it's like 60.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Right but what temperature is that? I people think my place be cold when it's like 60.

Oh sorry! From a comic perspective 60 is fine for sure.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

Oh sorry! From a comic perspective 60 is fine for sure.

No worries, so clearly to my friends I am not Fonzie cool... LOL

So sometimes I am crazy and put AC on and drops to 50 is that still good?

In other news.... My frame has shipped...
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
50 should fine (but DAMN lol), as long as it isn't a damp 50 (ie cooling a home by a "swamp cooler", open window).
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

LOL
Yep, this.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
50 should fine (but DAMN lol), as long as it isn't a damp 50 (ie cooling a home by a "swamp cooler", open window).

Yes I love the cold... LOL

I sometimes put AC on in car in winter as not "cold enough"... LOL
Post 19 IP   flag post

Decided to Frame them and possible in May bring to East Coast Con to summit for grading.
What do you all Think??
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I hope you used something to block out the uv rays..they look nice there for sure
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
I would likely have used comic skins as they offer UV protective slabs, display hardware and frames.

Looks nice, though!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I hope you used something to block out the uv rays..they look nice there for sure
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
I would likely have used comic skins as they offer UV protective slabs, display hardware and frames.

Looks nice, though!

They are inside a Mylar Sleeve and the behind 98% UV Blocking Rated Museum Glass.
It was a extra charge for that type of glass but always pay for it as feel it makes the books always look shine more than regular.
Post 23 IP   flag post
601206 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?