Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I hate that cover personally. I hadn't gotten my white pens and watercolor markers yet. Funny thing is I haven't drawn since. It's been a minute.
Post 151 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke make a version 2 and get it slabbed with new label.
Post 152 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

This book is pretty hard to find these days. This one is Peter Laird's file copy.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Here's a book I just purchased tonight on ebay.

TMNT (IDW) #50 Subscription Variant.

Signed by:
Kevin Eastman, (with Turtle Head Sketch).
Robert Rodriguez (yes, the director of Desperado), who actually did the inks for this cover that Eastman penciled.
Bobby Curnow, writer/editor for all things Turtles in IDW.

On the back cover, a zombie turtle sketch by Robert Rodriguez.

The label, CGC actually made an error on the cover art info, citing Gabriel Rodriguez instead of Robert. Gabriel actually did the art on a different variant of this issue.

Here on Kevin's site he talks about this issue. Him and Robert Rodriguez are close friends.
http://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/?page_id=688

When I spotted this, I had to have it. I've always been a huge fan of Robert Rodriguez's movies. Turns out he was actually an artist before he got into film. I had know idea that he was friends with Eastman or had worked on a Turtle's book before I came across this.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I've always wanted to see what Stephen Platt would have done with the Turtles if he had drawn a cover or done just one issue. It would have to be his old style that he did in the 1990's though.
Post 155 IP   flag post

Met the cast in Austin, TX during shooting.

There is a full fledged working operating Big Kahuna Burger in Austin and it confused the locals during half the first season of From Dusk Till Dawn lol

that red head Madison Davenport *bites lip*
Post 156 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Here's a book I just purchased tonight on ebay.

TMNT (IDW) #50 Subscription Variant.

Signed by:
Kevin Eastman, (with Turtle Head Sketch).
Robert Rodriguez (yes, the director of Desperado), who actually did the inks for this cover that Eastman penciled.
Bobby Curnow, writer/editor for all things Turtles in IDW.

@DarthLego check your PM

would you consider a trade?
Post 157 IP   flag post

Post 158 IP   flag post

Post 159 IP   flag post
was getting this ready to ship out for pressing and grading when the inside slid down from the cover.

I went back to my ebay listing that I purchased to leave horrible feedback when I spotted in tiny letters under condition, "Cover detached, hence the discount". Sunava-

Back to the search notifications again!

ARG
Post 160 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke That's a bummer.
Post 161 IP   flag post
Ya 71 and 72 are RARE and even more in 9.0 or better, the price goes WAAAAY UP for these 2 so-called $3 comics.
Post 162 IP   flag post

Post 163 IP   flag post

Post 164 IP   flag post

Post 165 IP   flag post
Does anybody else think that sketch by Robert is kinda "off" or lazy?

And how do you like the book, Darth?
Post 166 IP   flag post
I like it. It was done at a singing event, so he probably spent 30 seconds sketching it. Considering his career path has been film inside of art for many many years it's not a bad sketch.
Post 167 IP   flag post
Trade?
Post 168 IP   flag post
What ya got?
Post 169 IP   flag post
what do you want? you know my collection is online brah www.kaptainmyke.com/tmnt or i prefer the items for sale over the items that say "not for sale" lol
Post 170 IP   flag post
How do I search the for sales only?
Post 171 IP   flag post
look anywhere else that's not in that section but if you see a TMNT comic you might want to trade we'll talk about it just PM me brah
Post 172 IP   flag post
K, I'll take a closer look after work.
Post 173 IP   flag post

Post 174 IP   flag post

Post 175 IP   flag post
check your PM brah where you been all day
Post 176 IP   flag post
It's the national day of my people brah, I've been partying.
Post 177 IP   flag post

Post 178 IP   flag post

Post 179 IP   flag post

Post 180 IP   flag post
598060 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?