Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Here's a turtle appearance I forgot about. I don't know if this was talked about previously or not. Not worth anything but it's a 1994 appearance. My kids loved the cartoon

Post 1051 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@OGJackster - I have one or two of those in a short box. I think I only own like 4 or 5 comics total with turtles.
Post 1052 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I actually don't have that issue lol
Post 1053 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke Did TMNT take a plunge? The last time I updated the value from gocollect, the value for a 7.0 was $15,500

now they have it valued at $8,500

Do you know anything about this?
Post 1054 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
that looks like a third printing
Post 1055 IP   flag post

Nope... it's the first print.

Post 1056 IP   flag post
Here's the last 2 sales...

Post 1057 IP   flag post
well i have a 9.0 first print worth over $18500 so I'm doing alright

Post 1058 IP   flag post
9.0 is $22,000, yup, you're doing good
I sent an email to gocollect to see if they have any input. I just thought I'd ask to see if you had any additional info. I just don't know if the values are correct for the mid-range.
Post 1059 IP   flag post
I have yet to see toys and comics go down. It's been an upward trend for the past 5 years. With the release of The Last Ronin and the introduction of Jennika as a 5th turtle, even more interest has sparked sales spikes. Toys are selling for 60% higher premium than last year or the previous year.
Post 1060 IP   flag post

I got another 1989 Sewer Lair Playset to replace the one I sold last year.
Post 1061 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Ok Mike (and anyone else), I've got something for ya to look at. I don't recall ever seeing you post this, or seeing them ever. I was windowshopping on eBay and ran across the Leonardo medal listed for an outrageous price and had to be shipped from the UK. So I searched more and found the whole set on eBay!!! I am totally geeking out over this!!!

This set is made in the UK. The reverse side of the medals has the sewer lid that is in the cover art of the 4 turtles saying "Cowabunga!" I'll go grab a pic of that and add it at the bottom.

Edit

And then I found this available from Australia.

Post 1062 IP   flag post
Those are really cool, I've never seen them either.
Post 1063 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, it’s 2 sets? One US & one UK?
Post 1064 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim the first one is UK. The second one I can't read the fine print on the back, but the seller is in Australia.
Post 1065 IP   flag post
Tules... no, I didn't misspell it lol!

Post 1066 IP   flag post
The medals are common and not worth very much, but still cool
Post 1067 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
So when are all the Eastman signed yellow label books going to start hitting eBay?
Post 1068 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Found these two books in a box of random TMNT back issues. $5/ea.

Seems like Space Yojimbo is a hot thing.

Not many issues in good shape listed on eBay. Few sales, but range from $50-$150. The set goes for $150 and up. None are slabbed.

These two might grade at NM- after a press. Considering going that route as I think the Yojimbo Netflix series doesn’t have a release date to my knowledge...was going to be this year.

Post 1069 IP   flag post
Getting things ready for the next batch to get graded.

Post 1070 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
OOOOOOOHHHHH and AAAAAAAAHHHHHH! that's a sweet spread!
Post 1071 IP   flag post
Collector Mmanick private msg quote post Address this user
Anyone want to sell a 4th print #1?
Post 1072 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 1073 IP   flag post
Awesome brah
Post 1074 IP   flag post
Collector bennyb86 private msg quote post Address this user

Got these neat books in from Denmark a few days ago. I'm like 50/50 if I sent in #7 on my next submission to CBCS or if they wait until I send in a pressing order.
Post 1075 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte

4/14/21??? That's interesting. Still waiting on mine from CGC that was signed there on 3/5. Grumble grumble grumble.
Post 1076 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Frontier2Xterra

No idea. Their TAT are all wonky I wouldn't make any plans for it anytime soon if I were you.

Did you get remarked?
Post 1077 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte yes sir. Casey Jones sketch.
Post 1078 IP   flag post
Bravo! I wish I thought of him but when submitted all I could think of was anything except turtle and shredder was only thing that came to mind....
Post 1079 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyb86

Got these neat books in from Denmark a few days ago. I'm like 50/50 if I sent in #7 on my next submission to CBCS or if they wait until I send in a pressing order.

I really want to track down copies of these for myself. This is great
Post 1080 IP   flag post
601494 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?