Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user

[/img]

2017 TMNT SDCC 30th Anniversary Cartoon Collector Case Set
To celebrate 30 years of the classic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, we needed to create something suitably epic, like this massive, limited edition collector’s set with carrying case!

This totally radical set includes 8 action figures (Donatello, Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, Shredder, Krang with Bubble Walker, and 2 Foot soldiers) and tons of accessories, all packed into two different figure trays in the vinyl carrying case.

The case itself features original artwork by Ken Mitchroney, Archie Comics’ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures artist. Figures stand in 7” scale and are fully articulated. Case measures approximately 16” H x 10” W x 5.5” D.

This item is new never opened in the original packaging.

I bought 2 so my son and I could play with them, so these are the included photos of my son's loose one. The one here on display is completely sealed with the original NECA clear tape.

Real authentic official NECA brand set, made in China. Not a bootleg.
This set was purchased on pre-order on NECA's website. This was shipped to me directly from NECA USA.

I LOVE THIS SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post 676 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
What an awesome set.

And welcome back, @kaptainmyke.
Post 677 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

1990 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
TMNT
Slice and Dice Shredder
Loose figure from the personal collection of Kevin Eastman
Contains accessories he included that may or may not have come with figure.

Signed and packaged by Kevin Eastman at Eastman Studios. Signed on left arm (see photos)

Very rare. 1 of 1

These toys sell within seconds on Kevin Eastman's studio website.

Yes, they do. Why? Because you buy them all...
Post 678 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Whats with Kevin selling off all his shit and doing kickstarter campaigns, he broke?
Post 679 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrewbeer
Whats with Kevin selling off all his shit and doing kickstarter campaigns, he broke?

You never see Laird. He scored millions with the sale to Nickelodeon/Viacomm. Kevin was long gone by that time. I think Kevin sold all his rights to Mirage and Laird in 2008.
Post 680 IP   flag post

COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@shrewbeer if you had a ton of freebie toys laying around and people were willing to pay you 10x what they are worth just to sign your name on them you'd be selling them too.
Post 681 IP   flag post
Also Kevin really enjoys giving his fans opportunities that they would probably never see from other creators.
Post 682 IP   flag post
Collector vabchgent private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke Welcome back, is that set readily available
Post 683 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by vabchgent
@kaptainmyke Welcome back, is that set readily available

The SDCC set? Sold out on the NECA website pre-sale within minutes each day they offered i think like 3 weeks prior to SDCC for those who couldn't attend. They all sold out with an hour at SDCC. You're at the mercy of scalpers on ebay now. They retailed originally for $200 each. I bought 2, one to play with and one to put away at the airplane hangar
Post 684 IP   flag post
It states in the Ultimate Visual History that Peter Laird bought out Kevin Eastman in 1999, and that Kevin Eastman kept a small piece until 2008. Kevin was far too focused on Heavy Metal magazine and sold the rights to Peter. Kevin didn't really have anything to do with TMNT in that time, as in 2001 Peter Laird started Volume 4 of the comics and then the 4kids cartoon began in 2003.(coincidently - wink, wink)The very next year... In 2009, Laird sold The Ninja Turtle franchise and 4kids tv network channel to Nickelodeon for $60 million dollars.

In 2010 Mirage Studios while still winding down operations and transitioning the mergers - Peter Laird and a remaining skeleton crew of original artists and employees wander the empty hallways and sell the remaining products and demos from the archives down in the basement. They've been selling items from their ebay account since 2010. You can send a message via ebay after you win and ask Dan Berger to have Peter Laird sign your items, too free of charge, along with the COA that comes with it....clickable text Admittedly, the items are dwindling big time. I've bought 70% of them actually. Me and 2 other known big collectors compete from time to time. We've joked about it on facebook and the technodrome forums. The remaining artists there are Dan Berger, Michael Dooney, Jim Lawson, Peter Laird. You can buy back issues from their website too and have the artists sign the books for you - you just have to send Katie a separate email message with your paypal transaction.

Kevin only returned to the franchise around 2011 when IDW asked him if he wanted to get involved, and he said yes.
Post 685 IP   flag post
My fav Eastman photo

Post 686 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user
If by chance anyone on here got Grand slam Ralph from the Eastmans figure sale i was wondering if your up for a trade

What I'm looking for

What I got for trade

And I'll throw in a comic of your choice

Thanks
Post 687 IP   flag post
Collector Atakmunky7 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 688 IP   flag post
That's rad brah who made it
Post 689 IP   flag post
It's a local artist that used to work @ my lcs. Its actually supposed to be his take on a movie poster for tge original movie.
Post 690 IP   flag post
i like it
Post 691 IP   flag post
https://www.facebook.com/theartofguerra/
His FB page if you're interested.
Post 692 IP   flag post

Another artist I found thru FB. This guys from Canada and I think is style is sick.
https://www.facebook.com/ChasingArtwork/
Post 693 IP   flag post
I wonder how long it will be before the knockoff NECA 2017 SDCC TMNT set start to arrive on eBay through China sellers or is it already happening?
Post 694 IP   flag post
@Towmater nothing wrong with knockoffs. I've got a few in my collection. Sometimes i like the look of a figure but don't wanna pay retail, or worse eBay prices.
Post 695 IP   flag post
I love this so much!

Post 696 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
I wonder how long it will be before the knockoff NECA 2017 SDCC TMNT set start to arrive on eBay through China sellers or is it already happening?

Probably soon. Happens every year.
Post 697 IP   flag post
Well i noticed this year the box says "made in china". In the past its always said "Made in the USA"
Post 698 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atakmunky7
@Towmater nothing wrong with knockoffs. I've got a few in my collection. Sometimes i like the look of a figure but don't wanna pay retail, or worse eBay prices.

I venture to bet that Viacomm has a different opinion on that. Kind of like downloading songs/movies off the internet without paying for them. The rightful owner isn't paid for their creation.
Post 699 IP   flag post
Kevin Eastman's kickstarter just went live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2073065927/kevin-eastmans-drawing-blood-vol-1-a-graphic-novel?ref=thanks_share

I pledged the TMNT box one, because, well, you know, I have to.
Post 700 IP   flag post

2016 Inktober TMNT FAN COMIC #1
Original ART Label by BEEJAY HAWN
CBCS Yellow Label Witnessed Signature Label Series

Original art commissioned by myself to BeeJay Hawn for a 1980s KRANG full color sketch with android body. This very extremely talented artist has captured the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles imagery with colorful bright styling and personal flair with her artwork. Keep an eye out for this artist - she will go far in the future, mark my words.

Thank you, BeeJay for this amazingly highly detailed sketch of my favorite character in the Ninja Turtle Universe!

You may follow her on facebook "oodlesofdoodlesbybeejay"
tumbler "BEEJAY9481"
instagram "BEEJAYHAWN"
Post 701 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I love this so much!

What is this? Print or future cover art? #ILISM!
Post 702 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke that's a really cool looking Krang
Post 703 IP   flag post
Collector jrs private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke, very nice sketch.
Post 704 IP   flag post
@shrewbeer print by an artist on Facebook.
Post 705 IP   flag post
598062 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?