Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
So you're getting #1 signed and remarked too? I dunno man, I'd have a hard time doing that. That thing is so rare/cool it'd make me sick to alter it at all. You're 2nd and 3rd prints are already signed right? Just my opinion bud.
Post 376 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I concur.
Post 377 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
So you're getting #1 signed and remarked too? I dunno man, I'd have a hard time doing that. That thing is so rare/cool it'd make me sick to alter it at all. You're 2nd and 3rd prints are already signed right? Just my opinion bud.

That's actually my initial instinct. I don't want it signed, just graded. Matt wants it and he thinks Kevin should sign it lol. I want to instruct him to just send it along the way and have Kevin only sign 2-4 and submit 1-4 for pressing and grading with CGC after-which. I love the way my 2nd printing looks and this one is completely original and unsigned, even in the inside! Most I've seen have the dual sigs on the inside front cover in blue ballpoint pen ink. This one has none of that and with the Gobbedlygook ad on the inside back cover, this is definitely not a fake either. The red is deep on the cover too compared to my second printing.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Grading it makes sense. I'd want to know the grade of that high dollar book as well. I'd leave that bad boy in the condition it's in though. Your book, your choice.
Post 379 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
It's a tough call - because yellow labeled signed first printings demand a much higher premium indeed.
Post 380 IP   flag post

You won't ever sell it, so it doesn't matter what premium it could get.
Post 381 IP   flag post
Hey @kaptainmyke I just saw this Adam West DVD signed to Mike. clickable text
Post 382 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
You won't ever sell it, so it doesn't matter what premium it could get.

Well my initial argument is that I have so many other things signed by Kevin this one should be left untouched besides pressing imo
Post 383 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
It's a tough call - because yellow labeled signed first printings demand a much higher premium indeed.

Could go old school and have him sign on the first page. That way it doesn't affect the front cover and you get the yellow label. Just a thought.
Post 384 IP   flag post
If you have that book signed I'll revoke your #1 status on the List.
Post 385 IP   flag post
I still say leave it alone BUT if you must get it signed, I like @Thanatos idea. Awesome book either way.
Post 386 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
So, what is a reasonable price for a raw TMNT #1 2nd Print in 8.0 condition with no signatures?

Mycomicshop has one for $500, and that sounds reasonable. Their grading is supposedly conservative in favor of the buyer.
Post 387 IP   flag post
9 month average on GPA is $465
Post 388 IP   flag post
down to $306 in 2017 for a 8.0 second print #1
Post 389 IP   flag post
Quote:
down to $306 in 2017 for a 8.0 second print #1

This would be for graded 8.0 copies correct? Would a raw copy draw less value due to the lack of guaranteed grade?
Post 390 IP   flag post
Yeah those are graded cgc census sales in the GPA index website. I have a monthly sub
Post 391 IP   flag post
So, splitting the difference, $400 is pretty fair, yeah?
Post 392 IP   flag post
Check completed eBay sales.
Post 393 IP   flag post
I only see one completed 8.0, a CGC for $301.

So, $3-$400 is more reasonable than $500. I'll hold off on the one I mentioned.

Thanks, guys.
Post 394 IP   flag post
I still think the #1 would look sweet with a silver signature and sketch down the side with a yellow label. So conflicted.
Post 395 IP   flag post
It's a tough one. I bet you're anxious to get that baby in the mail!
Post 396 IP   flag post
there are no yellow label first printings sold or for sale on ebay.....so the elusiveness and rarity make me want to do it
Post 397 IP   flag post
Quote:
I still think the #1 would look sweet with a silver signature and sketch down the side with a yellow label. So conflicted.

Definitely a tough choice, peer pressure from every angle haha
Post 398 IP   flag post
Understandable. As collectors, rarity is pretty big deal.

It looks like there are 53 yellow label CGC 1st prints total & over 600 blue label copies.

So, 12:1 ratio?

Maybe a signature on the inside cover isn't a bad idea . . .
Post 399 IP   flag post
Census has 632 total graded and 53 signature series. 12% is pretty elusive, the last Eastman sig series sold according to GPA were:

CGC 6.0 in Mar 2016 - $2700
CGC 7.0 in Nov 2016 - $3000
CGC 8.0 in May 2016 - $3400

These prices are only a few hundred more than what the Universal Grades were selling for at the time so this would really be whether you, the collector, prefers it or not.

On the bright side, this is definitely a GOOD problem to have haha sig or no sig...it's still a TMNT #1 First Print.

edit: Math.
Post 400 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Understandable. As collectors, rarity is pretty big deal.

It looks like there are 53 yellow label CGC 1st prints total & over 600 blue label copies.

So, 12:1 ratio?

Maybe a signature on the inside cover isn't a bad idea . . .

great minds...
Post 401 IP   flag post
Guys! Kevin Eastman is selling Ninja Turtle toys from his own personal collection that he played with. He signed them and repackaged them in these really cool repro blister packs check it out! I already bought Casey, Rocksteady, and Splinter suckerzzzzzz

http://fan.kevineastmanstudios.com/?product_cat=signed-action-figures-2
Post 402 IP   flag post
Holy balls. I want one.
Post 403 IP   flag post
I'd buy them all if I could afford it but I just got zuckerberged with the first printing copy of issue 1. You better buy them up as many as you can before they are gone. Those are going to resale HUGE later on down the road imo
Post 404 IP   flag post
Nononononono the website crashes when I try to go to paypal!
Post 405 IP   flag post
597887 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?