Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
So now it got real. There's another bidder and now I'm winning currently. Crap.
Post 351 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Fingers crossed, bro.
Post 352 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
What is the price at?
Post 353 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
$3100
Post 354 IP   flag post
I won! I now own a first printing! Now I have to send them off for grading!
Post 355 IP   flag post

Collector Mef private msg quote post Address this user
Grats @kaptainmyke I was thinking you could probably sell 2-10 and make a lot of that back esp if they're over 8.0! Grats man!
Post 356 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats! Happy for you, man!

Did it end at $3,100?

I might be interested in the #2 or #4 when they come back from grading. If they're for sale, of course.
Post 357 IP   flag post
I got issues 1-10 including Fugitoid for $4259.99. The first 4 are easily 8.5 or 9.0. If I get those graded and sell the remaining loose I can get a little bit back. I might even have Kevin sign a bunch of them for yellow labels. I don't think I should do that to the first printing though. I have all that coolness on my second printing for signature goodness imo
Post 358 IP   flag post
So you wouldn't pull the trigger on an offer of $3,000, and ended up in a bidding war that cost you $4260?
Post 359 IP   flag post
So put the word out! I am selling some super duper mega rare holy grails this week at 7 day auction including my Blue Beetle 54 so I can recover the funds!

Check them out here:

Blue Beetle 54

Peter Laird's LEO CAMO BLITZ CYCLE

2006 Quarry Mint on Card

2003 Water Spitting Quarry Prototype Test Shot Figure

1991 All purple Super Shredder in acrylic case
Post 360 IP   flag post
Dang, whoever the 2nd bidder is on Blue Beetle really wants it.
Post 361 IP   flag post
Collector AndyRexia private msg quote post Address this user
Congrats @kaptainmyke. It's got to feel pretty good to finally get that book.
Post 362 IP   flag post
I think the #1 first printing is a really good grade too. I've seen 9.0 with scuffing on the back that this one does not have...so major fingers crossed.

I'm sure the Blue Beetle will fetch a grand. Anything higher than that I truly welcome to the cause.
Post 363 IP   flag post
I'd bid a grand, but I'm scared of being high bidder at this point, I've already spent too much money in the past week.
Post 364 IP   flag post
It will definitely go past a grand I just don't know by how much
Post 365 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Super happy for you @kaptainmyke, it's about damn time! Let's see some pictures!!!!
Post 366 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
So you wouldn't pull the trigger on an offer of $3,000, and ended up in a bidding war that cost you $4260?

I'm kind of curious about this myself.
Post 367 IP   flag post
No it was an auction that started at $3,000
Post 368 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke

Any seller pictures to show us from the auction? I want to see the haul!
Post 369 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Congrats on getting the book, it must feel fantastic
Post 370 IP   flag post

Post 371 IP   flag post
Dang @kaptainmyke, other than the spine ticks...that book is clean! Have the CBCS invoice ready to go yet?
Post 372 IP   flag post
CBCS doesn't do magazines! I am going to send 1-4 to Matt @TrinityComics and have Kevin CGC yellow label sign/sketch them at Las Vegas con!
Post 373 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos
Dang @kaptainmyke, other than the spine ticks...that book is clean! Have the CBCS invoice ready to go yet?

I've looked at other 8.5 and 9.0 on ebay and they look sharp and clean with a few ticks but with scrapes on the back cover. This one does not appear to have the scrapes so I am hoping a pressing will give it a nice 9.2-9.4 grade perhaps with CGC?

Seriously, as everyone here should know, if CBCS only graded magazines I'd be sending all of these babies to CBCS.
Post 374 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos

I've looked at other 8.5 and 9.0 on ebay and they look sharp and clean with a few ticks but with scrapes on the back cover. This one does not appear to have the scrapes so I am hoping a pressing will give it a nice 9.2-9.4 grade perhaps with CGC?

Seriously, as everyone here should know, if CBCS only graded magazines I'd be sending all of these babies to CBCS.

Totally understandable, with a grail like this you don't want to wait for CBCS to provide a service you need ASAP. I think your plan to get the CGC Sig Series with a sketch is a good choice, that way regardless of the grade it will have more value than when your originally purchased it. I could see this getting a 9.0 - 9.2 after a pressing, the spine ticks really seem to be the only defect but you'll get a better idea when you get it in hand.
Post 375 IP   flag post
So you're getting #1 signed and remarked too? I dunno man, I'd have a hard time doing that. That thing is so rare/cool it'd make me sick to alter it at all. You're 2nd and 3rd prints are already signed right? Just my opinion bud.
Post 376 IP   flag post
I concur.
Post 377 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyRexia
So you're getting #1 signed and remarked too? I dunno man, I'd have a hard time doing that. That thing is so rare/cool it'd make me sick to alter it at all. You're 2nd and 3rd prints are already signed right? Just my opinion bud.

That's actually my initial instinct. I don't want it signed, just graded. Matt wants it and he thinks Kevin should sign it lol. I want to instruct him to just send it along the way and have Kevin only sign 2-4 and submit 1-4 for pressing and grading with CGC after-which. I love the way my 2nd printing looks and this one is completely original and unsigned, even in the inside! Most I've seen have the dual sigs on the inside front cover in blue ballpoint pen ink. This one has none of that and with the Gobbedlygook ad on the inside back cover, this is definitely not a fake either. The red is deep on the cover too compared to my second printing.
Post 378 IP   flag post
Grading it makes sense. I'd want to know the grade of that high dollar book as well. I'd leave that bad boy in the condition it's in though. Your book, your choice.
Post 379 IP   flag post
It's a tough call - because yellow labeled signed first printings demand a much higher premium indeed.
Post 380 IP   flag post
598069 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?