Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkPop CultureSignaturesToysToys Statues

The Sewer Lair - Turtle Talk - TMNT1029

Collector poka private msg quote post Address this user
a kaptainmyke replicant fueled on pizza?
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
Coming soon..........

12" giant cyber samurai
Post 227 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Bingo
Post 228 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
How many of those exist?
Post 229 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Only one. The one I commissioned from a toy builder in the Netherlands. The first trip to the States was a rocky one. He got completely damaged. So, I shipped it back and we made some changes to the box design and logo art as well. I received an email with some top secret video showing the walking action and lights and sounds. He ships it next week so I should get it in 2 weeks hopefully, this time undamaged.

Post 230 IP   flag post

The same toy maker created this as well...it got a lot of attention.

Post 231 IP   flag post
You are commissioning custom one off toys from the Netherlands? Man, you must have married the most understanding woman on Earth.
Post 232 IP   flag post
no she just buys everything she wants from Kate Spade so I do what I want lol
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I have a cool little TMNT oddity up on e-Bay. They're U.K. edition children's books. Only problem with them is, the previous owner wrote their name on the back cover in permanent marker.

I'd rather they go to a real fan & I got them for almost nothing. If they interest you @kaptainmyke, I'll mark them way down.

If you would like me to post a link, let me know.
Post 234 IP   flag post
No thank you but maybe someone else here might want them like @DarthLego I try to avoid personalization on my items
Post 235 IP   flag post
No worries.
Post 236 IP   flag post
So, on average, what kind of value do Eastman & Laird signatures add to a book?

I'd like to grab a TMNT #1, 2nd print in the future, & I'm wondering if I should go for a little Lower grade with signatures, or a higher grade without?

On e-Bay right now, there's a raw double signed copy they claim to be 5.5-6.0 range for $345.

A CGC 7.5 has an asking price of $499, or best offer. It's probably worth $300 when comparing what has sold recently.

Personally, I'd like an 8.0 or better.

When estimating what I can expect to pay, what should I tack on for Eastman or Laird single or double signatures?
Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Am I the only one wondering what kind of time, money, and effort goes into getting a one off toy and box created?
Post 238 IP   flag post
@00slim depends on the grade, book, printing, year, newsstand or direct, etc. I own Peter Laird's personal copy of #1 second printing, and now it's sketched all over the front from both Eastman and Laird, including a rare Splinter sketch from Kevin. They were unverified signatures other than myself in person. It also was a printer defect book as well, and Kevin recognized the book immediately when I had him sign it. It's mostly likely a 9.4 but with the printer defect possibly a 9.0. I would sell that book with documentation and provenance for $1,000 and nothing less. Go for the yellow label if you want maximum value of Kevin or Peter's signatures. Peter almost never signs anything or goes out in public anymore so his signature is significantly worth more than Kevin's to this day. The only good way to get his signature now is via Mirage Studios ebay account or the mirage online ordering store.

$1000 is the price to own for anyone who might be interested.

@VaComicsGuy The time and effort is hard to pinpoint a price but since we've had to redo the Giant Cyber Samurai, the profit margin exponentionally is decreased on my poor toy maker's side of the deal. At this point he's working for recognition and to retain glory for the design and building process.

Post 239 IP   flag post
My goal is to one day sell the 2nd printing, along with some of the high dollar toys, and upgrade myself to a good 9.0-9.8 first printing #1 and then get a yellow label with Kevin's signature on it.
Post 240 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaComicsGuy
Am I the only one wondering what kind of time, money, and effort goes into getting a one off toy and box created?

No, but I was afraid to even ask, and I hope I never find out.
Post 241 IP   flag post
You sure? I also requested it to be a "1 of 1" specifically and to include artists notes, sketching, documents, and creator process into a nifty little portfolio package, signed by the artist/toymaker as well.
Post 242 IP   flag post
Collector FrankCastle129 private msg quote post Address this user
I wanna know and I wanna know if he's ever done any custom gi joe figures
Post 243 IP   flag post
Yes I'm sure he could arrange something.

I know a He-Man guy, a Ninja Turtle Guy, but I don't really know a GI Joe guy. Yet.
Post 244 IP   flag post
Collector VaComicsGuy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
Quote:

No, but I was afraid to even ask, and I hope I never find out.

Probably one of those "if we have to ask we can't afford it" kind of things. I think I'll leave the 1 of 1 toys to KaptainMyke. In 20 yrs, wife has given me zero grief or complaining about my collecting. I'd like to keep it that way.
Post 245 IP   flag post
Quote:

Probably one of those "if we have to ask we can't afford it" kind of things.

I own a lot of those items. It's often too difficult to sell because the price is ridiculous to even whisper in your ear - so much in fact that it sends goosebumps down the spine. #truestory #allofit
Post 246 IP   flag post
Collector KingNampa private msg quote post Address this user
@kaptainmyke hi mike i might be interested in that 2nd printing. But how would you get the yellow label? Whats your estimate on the grade?
Post 247 IP   flag post
Let's talk about this book in detail in another thread.
Post 248 IP   flag post
I also have Peter's file copy of Raphael #1. This book is virtually flawless.

First appearance of CASEY JONES

Post 249 IP   flag post

2017 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Unauthorized Bootleg of Oroku Saki
First Gokin Oraku Saki NT-02

First edition, sealed - never opened

Beautiful construction. Great accessories pack inside. Shipped directly from China to me in the United States.
Post 250 IP   flag post
Post 251 IP   flag post
Some sweet Turtles items. That Mondo figure is very cool.

Clearly, you're all about the Turtles, @kaptainmyke, as a collector & dealer. I'd love to know your history with the TMNT. What made you such a fan?

Only in the last few years have I come to appreciate the Turtles. More specifically, Eastman & Laird's Story. How they put everything they had financially into this obscure idea & turned a small Indie book into a phenomenon.

But what was it about the Turtles that caught your attention?
Post 252 IP   flag post
I grew up with the original cartoon and I had all the original toys. Was so mad when my parents threw my toys away when I was away at college. Had Turtles, GIJoes, Thundercats, Silverhawks, so so sad. 😢
Post 253 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim

Only in the last few years have I come to appreciate the Turtles. More specifically, Eastman & Laird's Story. How they put everything they had financially into this obscure idea & turned a small Indie book into a phenomenon.

But what was it about the Turtles that caught your attention?

Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego

I don't have any desire to own the Mondo figures. I'm mostly a NECA guy, vintage and customs or "1 of 1" items. I made an exception to the rule with First GoKin and SH Figuarts. Come on, it's First Gokin and SH Figuarts! How could I not?

I can't believe this guy rambled on about a lone figure for 30 minutes. That's crazy!
Post 254 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptainmyke
I can't believe this guy rambled on about a lone figure for 30 minutes. That's crazy!

LOL, this was actually a short ramble by his standards.
Post 255 IP   flag post
601494 1101 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?