Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Modern AgeMemorabiliaMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Venom 2 movie adds new Villain!10287

Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Venom 2 news on newly added villain, Shriek!
Click or Touch here for the full story!
Get her first appearance: Spider-Man Unlimited Vol. 1 #1 (May 1993) before it sky rockets!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I got a copy of Spider-Man Unlimited #1 I'll unload for $700.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Haha. Hey, the way the crazies bid on eBay for movie hype characters is unreal. You might get a lot for it actually.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Sweet!!!! I might have 2 of these

@Studley_Dudley add a 0 to that number

Mine are for sure PGX 11.0 out of 10 - worth 7,000!!!!!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks for the laugh KatKomics!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
I bit, just bought one with a Spiderman 1 (silver), Cable 1, Punisher 2099 1 and Spiderman 2099 2 for $13.50 free ship. Thanks for the heads up info.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector agamoto private msg quote post Address this user
Lol, every 9.8 that was listed for sale on GPA is gone or is no longer listed. Prepare for the speculator rush!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, for a change, I actually own one NOW!!
Post 8 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
I got mine

Post 9 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Cool, I’ve got a few of them.
Looking forward to the movie next year.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Well, call me a speculative mad man, but I bought the 9.8 $700 triple cover off eBay with a successful $500 offer. Looks like they bought it earlier this year for $250.

Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
Not knowing that much about multiple covers, I have to ask, do you really see that issue increasing in value enough to make it worth your while? I just don't know if multiple covers demands that kind of money. I am ignorant on the subject.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
There are definitely collectors of multiple covers, but it's a niche market. I don't know much about it, however.
Post 13 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Whatever they end up selling for around movie release time, first app of Carnage should be at least 5 times that much.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Double and triple covers do indeed fetch a premium, especially one that's a 9.8 grade. Think of it like a mint uncirculated error coin and how much those are valued by collectors.

That said, I know I paid WAY more than I should have, but if the Shriek rumors are indeed true, then this triple cover will most certainly stand leaps and bounds over the veritable OCEAN of 9.8 universal grade single cover copies of this book already out there.

If a high-profile actress is signed, prices could really get out of control, at least until everyone realizes there are a ton of these books out there and things come back down to Earth.

Avengers 47/48 is a great example. The books were essentially premium vintage toilet paper until Kit Harrington was announced as the Black Knight. Prices immediately went through the roof, and now that every Tom Dick and Harry has their copies coming back from grading, prices will settle back down.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Yeee Haw!!! I have two CBCS Freshly graded 9.8 copies that I had dropped off at SDCC in July 19-2AD1D20-156 & 157!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I took a peek at GPA for SM U#1 to see where the values stand right now. I don't think I've seen as many [4 Double- 1 Triple- All different grades] sales with multiple covers for an issue. Not saying it's the most, but it's the most I recall.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by agamoto
Double and triple covers do indeed fetch a premium, especially one that's a 9.8 grade. Think of it like a mint uncirculated error coin and how much those are valued by collectors.

That said, I know I paid WAY more than I should have, but if the Shriek rumors are indeed true, then this triple cover will most certainly stand leaps and bounds over the veritable OCEAN of 9.8 universal grade single cover copies of this book already out there.

If a high-profile actress is signed, prices could really get out of control, at least until everyone realizes there are a ton of these books out there and things come back down to Earth.

Avengers 47/48 is a great example. The books were essentially premium vintage toilet paper until Kit Harrington was announced as the Black Knight. Prices immediately went through the roof, and now that every Tom Dick and Harry has their copies coming back from grading, prices will settle back down.

Double covers are mere Novelty items to me. I would never give a premium for it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Well, as usual with my luck I just sold an issue of this book on my Hipcomic site for $25.

There is no doubt it was/is a 9.8. I just put it in the mail today. Oh well! Early Christmas Gift for the buyer.

Is the buyer anybody from the board here?

Luckily I just got two 9.8's back from CBCS and have a couple more raws to send in.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I think Venom vs. Shrek will have some Epic battle scenes. Pretty sure this is the first Dreamworks/Marvel cross-over. Does anyone know if it will be animated? Will Eddie Murphy play the Donkey again?
Post 20 IP   flag post
I'd rather see Shrek versus venomized donkey.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

Double covers are mere Novelty items to me. I would never give a premium for it.

I agree. I have five, but only one was purchased as a Double Cover for $25 (it was nothing special). The others were very pleasant surprises. THOSE ones are cool.
Post 22 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
FYI the promotional Maximum Carnage from Acclaim is an abridged reprint of this book. It’s much more difficult to get, especially in high grade. I checked mine to see that includes Shriek and it does.

Post 23 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 24 IP   flag post
Ok, that's interesting... If they're going to grade promotional comic books like that, then what's stopping me from submitting my mini Amazing Spider-Man 252 and getting that graded?

Surely it's just as rare as the Acclaim book. Maybe I can take it to a con and get Frenz, DeFalco, et al. to put a little mini signature on it and get a yellow label.

Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944

I don't disagree. A lot of folks feel just the same regarding 30 cent and 35 cent variants, error books, color misprints, etc.

The sentiment doesn't seem to make them any less valuable to a certain collector demographic who will pay a handsome premium for them.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collect 'em all!

Post 27 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by agamoto
Ok, that's interesting... If they're going to grade promotional comic books like that, then what's stopping me from submitting my mini Amazing Spider-Man 252 and getting that graded?
Not sure why them grading promo books is surprising. They also grade small books, so go for it

Post 28 IP   flag post
Lol, I'm TOTALLY doin' it then!! Just for shitzengigels.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@agamoto I'd imagine as long as it fits in the case, and resembles a comic book, they'd do it and hope you'd share it all over the hobby LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by dielinfinite

Do their labels often NOT contain the creative staff??
Post 30 IP   flag post
600892 31 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?