Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Zoe Kravitz Is Catwoman in The Batman10280

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

Zoe Kravitz Is Catwoman in The Batman

We have a new Catwoman. It's come to light that Zoe Kravitz has landed the coveted role in The Batman. The actress is set to star alongside Robert Pattinson, who will be putting on the cape and cowl as our new Dark Knight. This is just the latest confirmed bit of casting as Warner Bros. and director Matt Reeves are ramping up for filming as pre-production is well underway. After years of development, things are finally coming together.

According to several reports, Zoƫ Kravitz has locked down the role of Catwoman, aka Selina Kyle. Matt Reeves, who is writing the script in addition to directing, has previously said that the movie will feature several villains from Batman's massive rogues galley. However, the lineup hasn't been officially confirmed by the studio or the filmmaker. Catwoman had been rumored previously, but the casting of Kravitz is the first definitive confirmation we've had on the matter. The role was previously played on the big screen by Michelle Pfeiffer in Tim Burton's Batman Returns and Anne Hathaway in The Dark Knight Rises.

Zoe Kravitz is known best for her roles in Mad Max: Fury Road and on HBO's Big Little Lies. She also starred in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald last year. It's also worth pointing out that Kravitz voiced Catwoman in The LEGO Batman Movie. Some of Kravitz's other credits include Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Californication and the upcoming High Fidelity TV series. It had been previously rumored that other actresses up for the role included Lupito Nyong'O, Tessa Thompson and Alexandra Shipp, amongst others. Ultimately, it's Kravitz who came out on top for what could be a long stint in a major comic book movie franchise, if things go well.

Related: The Batman Goes After Jonah Hill, Jeffrey Wright Wanted as Commissioner Gordon

While plot details remain scarce, The Batman is said to be a noir-driven tale that will focus on the character's skills as a detective. Other confirmed casting includes Westworld star Jeffrey Wright, who will play Commissioner Gordon. Superbad star Jonah Hill is in negotiations for a villain role, but his casting has yet to be confirmed. Hill is eyeing either Penguin or Riddler, though it hasn't been firmed up who he would end up playing, should the deal get done. In any event, this project is barrelling down the tracks now after quite a few bumps in the road and a great deal of waiting.

Ben Affleck, back when he was still our Caped Crusader, had been set to direct this movie, albeit a very different version, which would have seen Deathstroke, as portrayed by Joe Manganiello, as the main villain. Eventually, Affleck stepped down and walked away from the role entirely. That paved the way for former Twilight star and current indie darling Robert Pattinson to take up the mantle. We'll be sure to keep you posted as further updates on the project are made available. The Batman is set to arrive in theaters on June 25, 2021. This news was previously reported by The Wrap.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm disappointed. Not in the casting of Catwoman, but somewhere along the way, I thought I heard that Pattinson had stepped away from the role. I guess I dreamed that or maybe just willful amnesia, but now I'm sad all over again.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Agreed, I haven't heard one person say, "Oh goodie, Robert Pattinson as Batman, I love it!". Don't think I will either.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
I remember there were questions when Keaton donned the cowl, but even he was more believable than Pattinson.
Post 4 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Robert Pattinson, I wonder if the bat suit will have glitter on the nipples?
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector BrashSmurf private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Robert Pattinson, I wonder if the bat suit will have glitter on the nipples?

this might be the only way i would watch it
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Jabberwookie private msg quote post Address this user
He's not my first choice, but I remember some handwringing over Mr. Mom as Batman, and it turned out okay.

I'll give it a chance and withhold judgement until I see it.
Post 7 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Seriously they couldn't find anyone better than Robert Pattinson to play Batman?? Is he playing with or without the fangs
Whatever happened to Christian Bale?
Post 8 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
For some reason I picture Halle Berry getting butthurt.
Never saw her version. Was it any good?
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

Hell, no.
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
I think Robert Pattison has something to prove. While I wasn't thrilled when I first heard he was cast as Batman I think he realizes most people are not thrilled by the casting choice. He is getting fantastic reviews for his acting alongside Willem Dafoe in the Lighthouse. I'm cautiously optimistic with him in the directing hands of Matt Reeves and his current acting reviews. I'll wait until after I watch the film to form an opinion.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Personally, I have no doubt of his acting ability, I think that it's just the stigma attached to his previous movies.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy

Hell, no.

I saw the Halle Berry version. Where is that *vomit* emoji?
Post 13 IP   flag post

Post 14 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
https://www.change.org/p/warner-brothers-we-don-t-want-robert-pattinson-as-batman
Post 15 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster

Even better!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Hard to believe there was an age when I watched Angel Heart 3-4 times just because Zoe's mommy was abundantly naked in it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
That was a sweaty, sticky film.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Angel Heart is still one of my favorite films. I had it on dvd but I think I borrowed it out to someone. I can't seem to find it now.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbaySeller
Hard to believe there was an age when I watched Angel Heart 3-4 times just because Zoe's mommy was abundantly naked in it.

Now I'm gonna have to watch it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Wraith private msg quote post Address this user
Egh.. the casting for this movie seems like this new bats will best be avoided.

Need to ditch it and just do a follow up to joker ... rise of Batman from joker perspective or something like that... with a hardened , cold Bruce Wayne still grappling his own demons ... not one who formerly wore glitter
Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
If they are looking to cast Jonah Hill then he'll be the Penguin and I'll be watching the "Twilight" Batman on whatever cable channel it ends up on.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
and I'll be watching the "Twilight" Batman on whatever cable channel it ends up on.

Wait for it when it's under "Free Movies" tab on XFinity.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
It's gonna flop.... both leading actors suck.
Post 24 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Its Batman....its going to make a mint. It'll make anywhere between $850 million and $1.15 billion.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Its Batman....its going to make a mint. It'll make anywhere between $850 million and $1.15 billion.

Probably... cause there's that many dumbasses in the world.
Post 26 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth LOL!!!! and probably more than that!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
597884 27 27
This topic is archived. Start new topic?