Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Events

Cover Contest Award Contest10256

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Since there seems to be interest, everyone who wants can enter a design for an award to be given weekly to the winner of the design contest. We'll let it run in conjunction with the current weekly cover contest. Then we will vote the same way for the same length of time. The winner of the current cover contest will be the first to receive the award.

You may enter more than one design.

Please hold off liking a design until voting begins!!!

I'll start us off with a simple design.

Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Or just pick the one you like, download it yourself, and fill in your own information.
Voila!
Post 2 IP   flag post
BTW - this is how I see this going:

1) We hold a contest to decide on the official certificate.

2) I will "sticky post" that certificate to the top of the forum.

3) Receiving a certificate is optional.

4) If you want a certificate, you can either copy the certificate and fill it out yourself, or you can request one from me and I'll be happy to do it for you.

5) Certificates will be retro active. If you have ever won a contest, you are allowed to claim a certificate, one for each win.

6) If you are worried about someone scamming the system and getting an award when they are not eligible, I'd suggest that meditation and stress reduction may help you in your life.

7) HAVE FUN!!!!
Post 3 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
6) If you are worried about someone scamming the system and getting an award when they are not eligible, I'd suggest that meditation and stress reduction may help you in your life.

If someone is worried about that, then I hate to tell them that anyone can get online and order an engraved anything for an award that they never won. Sleepless nights shall ensue. How about an award for counting sheep...
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I would like an award for counting sheep. I have insomnia and could decorate my walls with awards if that's the case.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
Cool
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I have almost no skills in anything but I put this together with some free program I found online. Figured the award should include a winning cover as well. Doesn't apply to every week but it wouldn't be hard to change up the background to fit the theme.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

You're going to have to start a contest to design a certificate for the winner of this certificate design contest and then a contest for that contest and then...

Post 8 IP   flag post
@CaptainCanuck LOL!! No, I think I will draw the line at this one. I do like the idea of having a spot for the winning comic. I kind of thought there would be a few more ideas by now. But honestly, if no one is really interested in this, it's less for me to do!! LOL!!!
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Paint_Monk private msg quote post Address this user
I like @Flanders example. Shouldn't be too tough to do and maybe whoever is doing them can do all of the month's certificates at once instead of doing one each week.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 11 IP   flag post
601196 11 11
This topic is archived. Start new topic?