Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Signature ASP

Updated AW rules effective 10-08-201910240

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
This was posted earlier today by Darryl Hayden on Facebook.

"Updated: October 8th 2019 - Subject to change, so please double check for any updates,,,,
If you have any issues, and or questions please let us know!

AWs CANNOT self-witness:
· JOHN BYRNE,
· ROBERT KIRKMAN,
· TODD MCFARLANE,
· DON ROSA,
· JIMMY PALMIOTTI & AMANDA CONNER (only through
CBCS scheduled & private signings),
· CLAYTON CRAIN (only through CBCS scheduled & private
signings),
· J. SCOTT CAMPBELL (only through CBCS scheduled &
private signings or AWs obtaining a multi-event form that
involves Art Rep. Brett Cate)
· JIM LEE (only thru CBCS & any Non-DC/Marvel booth
signings),
· RICHARD RIVERA (only thru CBCS in-booth or private
signings or Trinity Comics)
· ROB LIEFELD (only thru CBCS private signings or
facilitators Collectors Choice Comics & Steven McDonald).
***Comic Sketch Art***

Frank Miller, Scott Snyder, Tom King, Jock, Brian Azzarello, Jason Fabok, Frank Cho, Emanuela Lupacchino, Steve Orlando, Joshua Williamson, Mark Brooks, Peter Tomasi, Art Adams, Marguerite Bennett, James Tynion IV, Donny Cates, Greg Capullo, David & Meredith Finch and the rest of the artists & writers represented by Comic Sketch Art can only qualify for yellow label (ASP) if the AW has a CBCS form, to have handler/rep. Comic Sketch Art's Doug Peters sign or present a receipt of payment or simply thru a CBCS private signing.

***Essential Sequential***
Also, using the same method for ASP is Essential Sequential, which represents Bengal, Elia Bonetti,
Eric Canete, Mark Chiarello, Shawn Crystal, Tommy Lee Edwards, Cully Hamner, Mark Irwin, Klaus Janson, Adam Kubert, Andy Kubert, Dave Johnson, Mindy Lee, Dan Panosian, Juanjo Guarnido, Cary Nord, Ramon Perez, Rod Reis, Andrew Robinson, Tim Sale, Matteo Scalera &
John Timm. ***
***TICKETING PROCESS:***
Some of the artists/writers will have a ticketing process OR initials on the CBCS submission forms by the art rep./managers, to qualify for CBCS yellow label (ASP) ONLY.
· LEE BERMEJO,
· FRANCESCO MATTINA,
· LUCIO PARRILLO,
· LARRY LIEBER,
· JOE GIELLA,
· JOHN ROMITA JR.
· TONY MOORE - will work this way, by comic book creator's handlers (Dan Scott, Desert Wind Comics, Jeff Harnett & Mr. & Mrs. Tony Moore).

Tickets that are not given to CBCS or no initials on the CBCS submission forms by the art reps or managers, will not qualify as ASP & will be given the option for a red label (VSP).*

Steve McDonald with Clan McDonald Comics is the only CBCS facilitator allowed to submit books for Yellow Label grading which are signed by Doug Mahnke as per Doug's manager, the use of tickets will also be allowed at shows.
***AT HOME SIGNINGS:***
The following "AT-HOME" signings are approved by the following creators & art reps. ONLY thru CBCS facilitators Genuine COA:
· John Romita Sr,
· Sal Buscema,
· Joe Giella,
· Don Perlin,
· Gerry Conway,
· Michael Kaluta,
· Jim Steranko,
· John Romita Jr.
· David Michelinie. ***
·
*** Melbourne Toy & Comic Con, as well as Orlando Toy & Comics Con, are off-limits to witness for CBCS & CBCS AWs/Facilitators. ***
** ALL signatures qualify for the VSP. **CBCS announced private signings could simply be dropped off at the CBCS booth of that particular convention the comic book creators will be signing at.**
Thank you and happy collecting"
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O Awesome! Thanks for the update!

And now for something completely different:

Post 2 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Jesse,

Thanks for the update.

I would appreciate it if you could make this thread a sticky so we have it for reference.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Wow, all this has really turned into a pain in the ass from what it used to be.

Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos No problem. And I will pin it in a day or two after everyone has had a chance to see it in the regular thread.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
so am I understanding wrong or can Jim Lee be witnessed at signings not held at SC/Marvel booths?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderTim
so am I understanding wrong or can Jim Lee be witnessed at signings not held at SC/Marvel booths?
That is my understanding as stated. Just not self-witnessed if you are an authorized witness. You need an official witness from CBCS booth present, or, some sort of rep associated with the signing booth (unless it's Marvel/DC).
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Truly sad how a simple hobby of obtaining and collecting autographs of favorite artists/writers has come to this. Wow - I think I need a lawyer to translate this for me
Post 8 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Truly sad how a simple hobby of obtaining and collecting autographs of favorite artists/writers has come to this. Wow - I think I need a lawyer to translate this for me

Not really an issue if you are just collecting and don't want the book slabbed with a yellow label.

I understand that the rule changes are more than likely a result of the creator's not being paid what they charge for books that are going to be graded, and agreements that they and their reps have with different grading companies. I think it is great that they are making a stand and that the grading companies are listening to them.

Noting what's going on with the FBI being involved in the card market/auction, and the card grading companies this might be a step in the right direction. I state that as I don't think anyone should be allowed to "self witness". It just leads to things that get seedy. The hobby is based upon trust. Without trust the hobby doesn't carry on.
Post 9 IP   flag post
CBCS TimBildhauser private msg quote post Address this user
This information is already pinned here:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/4175/page/1/cbcs-signature-restrictions-for-aws/#2
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector SpiderTim private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBildhauser
This information is already pinned here:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/4175/page/1/cbcs-signature-restrictions-for-aws/#2

This is the update posted by Darryl Hayden yesterday Tim. Probably because of additional restrictions so it should be added to that pinned post.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
The beauty with CBCS (as opposed to CGC), is I don't need the lawyer jargon, or the artist's nonsense, or the reps nonsense, or the ticketing process, or the facilitator, or the self witness, or the authorized witness, or the kitchen sink. All I need is....... the Red Label.

Lawyer problem solved
Post 12 IP   flag post
265898 12 12
destitute