Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Lions still covered the spread by .5 points though. Of course no one here could care about that.
Post 76 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley 7 wins
@Pre_Coder 8 wins
@michaelekrupp 6 wins
@Lonestar 9 wins
@PhantomEwan 10 wins
@flanders 9 wins
@Jesse_O 9 wins
@comic_book_man 9 wins
@Siggy 8 wins

Congrats to @PhantomEwan for winning with 10 correct picks!!!
Post 77 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O I see what you mean about the Lambeau refs. Yes, there are plays the Lions could have made to win this game(a dropped pass in the end zone, a dumb penalty on a field goal attempt), but the truth is that, in spite of those missed opportunities they played well enough to win. The reason they lost is because of bullshit officiating. Plain and simple. Even the normally stoic Barry Sanders went on Twitter and called out the refs. The officiating in this game was hot garbage. I can’t wait to hear how the league comes out and explains how we didn’t actually see what we saw.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Almost 1700 penalty calls so far this season. The highest since 2001.
Post 79 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
What gets me is the amount of assumed penalties that are being called. Even pro wrestling referees know you can’t call it if you don’t see it! Jimmy Graham falls down, the official doesn’t see what happened but assumes the Detroit player must have taken him down and throws the flag. A Packers receiver is lying crumpled on the ground, the official doesn’t see what happened but assumes it must be unnecessary roughness on Detroit and throws a flag. The Packers’ tackle’s head snaps back in a critical situation (twice!), the official doesn’t see what happened but assumes the Detroit player must have pushed his face mask and throws a flag (twice!). This is sub-WWE officiating! At least in wrestling the referee is in on it! Okay, I am done talking about this. Well, almost. One more talking point that came up on the radio post game show last night that is worth mentioning: people were questioning why Matt Patricia didn’t challenge the blatant PI non-call in the fourth quarter that would have extended the Lions’ final drive and possibly put the game out of reach. They presented what I think is a very telling statistic: out of 21 DPI non-calls that have been challenged this year, only 1 has actually been changed to a PI. That’s over 95% of the official’s decisions on the field upheld. To challenge a PI non-call is basically to flush a time out! What is the point of making this reviewable if the ruling on the field is never going to be overturned? The system is broken! Okay, now I’m done. On to Minnesota.
Post 80 IP   flag post

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@michaelekrupp It's refreshing to see someone as pissed off at the GB refs as I was after the Vikes game!!! I get that officiating isn't an exact science and that there will be mistakes, but there is such an obvious bias there that it is almost laughable!!! To use your WWE ref analogy, it's like the Packers are Shane McMahon and the ref is Vince McMahon!!!

Post 81 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Someone needs to photoshop a ref into the Lambeau Leap shot with, or in place of the Kicker.
Post 82 IP   flag post
600776 82 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?