Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Oh, and back to my earlier rant about firing Jay Gruden (head coach) of the Redskins... do I think this was necessary, YES. Do I think this move was the answer to make the Redskins contenders again, NO. It is the fault of the entire organization... primarily Dan Snyder. DS wants to be like Jerry Jones (Dallas),.. meddle in the personnel and play calling.. he's just not as openly verbal as JJ. The Redskins will go nowhere as long as Snyder is the owner.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Dan Snyder is inept as an owner, but Bruce Allen needs to be the other one to get the boot. It looks as if Snyder has stepped back a little more lately, but will side with Allen whenever a power struggle looks like it might start.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I just noticed @Studley_Dudley and I have the exact same picks except for the Washington / Miami game. And we both have the same Monday Night Total Points (57).

I'm thinking...
Green Bay - 34
Detroit - 23

Green Bay 59
Detroit -2
Post 28 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Dan Snyder is inept as an owner, but Bruce Allen needs to be the other one to get the boot. It looks as if Snyder has stepped back a little more lately, but will side with Allen whenever a power struggle looks like it might start.

No kidding! I watched the interview with Bruce Allen and his responses were acutely transparent.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I apologize to all the teams I chose to win*, who will go on to lose this week.
That said, since Eli is benched, and this isn't a Super Bowl, New England should outscore the Giants.

*Except Seattle.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@Siggy your anticipating a low scoring game Monday night. NE will smash the Giants,.. Eli or not. And considering NE's schedule this season I wouldn't be surprised to see them go 16-0... or at least 14-2.

Looks like Haskins (Wash QB) isn't going to start against Miami as I anticipated. Callahan sucking on Snyder's dork... or vise versa.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy Loving the Halloween feel for your picks!!!! I'll have to check out my horror dingbat fonts and see what I can do for next week.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamecube2482
My Panthers (with the exception of Luke and CMC) get to go over to London and suck this week.

But Panthers win this week...
Post 33 IP   flag post
Ok, I really thought this game was going to be a snoozer. Thank you Giants for making this interesting!!!
Post 34 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Ok, I really thought this game was going to be a snoozer. Thank you Giants for making this interesting!!!

Second half was the snoozer.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Second half was the snoozer.

That it was!!!
Post 36 IP   flag post
Time to get NFL Sunday underway...

I picked Dallas to defeat NYJets but I would love to see Dallas fail miserably. Probably won't but that's one upset that would make my day. Nuff said on that.

I picked Redskins to defeat the Dolphins but I hope they fail miserably. Why?... because Dan Snyder (Jerry Jones wannabe) and Bruce Allen (yes-man President) have run this this organization, that was once one of the greatest franchises in the NFL, into the ground, to the point that they no longer have a real fan base.

The best thing Snyder can do for the Redskins, and for himself, is sell the franchise.

That being said...

Let the games begin!
Post 37 IP   flag post
Quote:

I picked Dallas to defeat NYJets but I would love to see Dallas fail miserably. Probably won't but that's one upset that would make my day. Nuff said on that.

You got your wish!!! The Cowboys didn't really fail miserably, but they did lose!!!
Post 38 IP   flag post
Scores so far:

Post 39 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

You got your wish!!! The Cowboys didn't really fail miserably, but they did lose!!!

I dozed off before halftime and awoke about 10 min ago.

Nice awakening. LOL
Post 40 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nice awakening. LOL

You mean passed out drunk?
Post 41 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
If it hasn't already started, this is the week the media will hype a "Teacher vs Pupil" Super Bowl between the 49ers and Patriots.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Nice awakening. LOL

You mean passed out drunk?

Okay,.. little bit maybe
Post 43 IP   flag post
I hate the Steelers so damn much.
Post 44 IP   flag post
I had a lot of wrong picks but still a good day regardless...

Dallas - loss
KC - loss
L. A. Rams - loss

@Siggy I am convinced your 49ers are serious. And yes, 49ers / Patriots SB would be great ONLY if 49ers win.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
Random thoughts on this week.

1. The Patriots (again) appear to be the best team in the league. Is Tom Brady Dorian Gray?
2. The Panthers are better without Cam Newton? Who'd a thunk it?
3. Texans are for real and better than I thought.
4. Redskins are still the worst team in the league. They barely beat Miami (at Miami), who doesn't even want to win.
5. I like the Niners.
6. Maybe Kirk Cousins isn't the worst QB in the league. I also like the Vikes.
7. How do the Falcons have only 1 win? I think their coach gets fired before the end of the season.
8. Titans are a train wreck. I have never thought much of Mariota, but Tannehill as a back up is not any better.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@Lonestar I am with you in most of those statements. I do find it interesting that the Patriots are undefeated in spite of the fact that their offense has not played particularly well in any of their games. I am starting to believe in the Niners. Also 100% that the Falcons will be the next team to fire their coach mid season. Also very interested to see what Cam’s future will be. I think it is pretty obvious that he was playing hurt earlier this year. Can’t wait to see what the Panthers do when he is ready to return. As for Cousins, he is what he is: an up and down player. Although he is up this week he could very well be down next week.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Quote:

Dallas - loss
KC - loss
L. A. Rams - loss

@Siggy I am convinced your 49ers are serious. And yes, 49ers / Patriots SB would be great ONLY if 49ers win.

You're the first person from the state of Texas to say something even REMOTELY similar to this to me LOL
Thanks, and agreed!
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
Quote:

Dallas - loss
KC - loss
L. A. Rams - loss

You're the first person from the state of Texas to say something even REMOTELY similar to this to me LOL
Thanks, and agreed!

I was a big 49ers fan back during the Joe Montana era. They've been through a lot the past few decades and I'm happy to see the organization /team getting things back together... I like the way they are carrying themselves.

Back in the day I was Redskins, 49ers, and yes even the Cowboys up until JJ fired Jimmy Johnson. Today I love it when they crash and burn.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I'm starting to think JJ owns the NFL network, or they're on his Christmas Mailing list, because they're ALWAYS replaying their games, even if it was a National broadcast. And yesterday my wife recorded the Red Zone for me because our local channel hasn't televised any 49er games yet this year.

The Red Zone stayed focussed on the Cowboys and the (formerly) winless Jets, and the Falcons/Cardinals game (both teams with losing records) while mostly showing clips of the match up between Division leaders, one being the NFC Champs, and the other being the only undefeated team in the NFC.
Ho hum. No big deal.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Quote:
I'm starting to think JJ owns the NFL network, or they're on his Christmas Mailing list, because they're ALWAYS replaying their games, even if it was a National broadcast. And yesterday my wife recorded the Red Zone for me because our local channel hasn't televised any 49er games yet this year.

The Red Zone stayed focussed on the Cowboys and the (formerly) winless Jets, and the Falcons/Cardinals game (both teams with losing records) while mostly showing clips of the match up between Division leaders, one being the NFC Champs, and the other being the only undefeated team in the NFC.
Ho hum. No big deal.

Watching Dallas lose to the (formerly) winless NYJets yesterday was ALMOST better than sex.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O week 7 here I come!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Tonight - GO DETROIT..!
I picked GB to win though.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Ho hum. No big deal.

Watching Dallas lose to the (formerly) winless NYJets yesterday was ALMOST better than sex.

LOL
You really missed Jimmy, didn't you?
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Ho hum. No big deal.

LOL
You really missed Jimmy, didn't you?

Bill Walsh (49ers), Joe Gibbs (Redskins), Tom Laundry - Jimmy Johnson (Cowboys), Vince Lombardi (Packers)... ET AL

Back when football was football.
Post 55 IP   flag post
600892 82 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?