Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Week #1 winner was @michaelekrupp.
Week #2 was tied between @michaelekrupp and @PhantomEwan.
Week #3 winner was @Pre_Coder
Week #4 winner was @michaelekrupp with the tiebreaker (4 way tie)
Week #5 winner was @PhantomEwan with the tiebreaker over @flanders

Post 1 IP   flag post
I just realized Monday night is Detroit at Green Bay!!!! That's should be a great game!!! I'm hoping beyond hope that the Lions will have a decisive victory, but my head tells me nothing is decisive in Green Bay!!!! I'm going to check out what all the experts are saying before calling this one.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@PhantomEwan Congrats on the win, if you double the monday night score then I would've almost been spot on .
Post 3 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
I just realized Monday night is Detroit at Green Bay!!!! That's should be a great game!!! I'm hoping beyond hope that the Lions will have a decisive victory, but my head tells me nothing is decisive in Green Bay!!!! I'm going to check out what all the experts are saying before calling this one.

Sadly, I think Detroit is going to suffer their 2nd loss.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
@Pre_Coder Oh, ye of little faith! If the Lions have taught us anything this season it is that this game will come down to the last possession of the game. Definitely not counting the Lions out.🦁
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp
@Pre_Coder Oh, ye of little faith! If the Lions have taught us anything this season it is that this game will come down to the last possession of the game. Definitely not counting the Lions out.🦁

Keep in mind,.. not only is Detroit taking on GB at home but they are also taking on the GB Referees. LOL I hope Detroit does win but I'm placing my pick on GB.

Also, I'm picking Washington will win in Miami. With Gruden gone and Haskins finally in as QB, I think the Skins will enter with renewed life and energy. Granted that's not saying a whole lot since anybody on the Skins team that DOES have any talent is out due to injuries. I don't expect this to be a pretty game but I feel Washington will pull it off.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelekrupp

Keep in mind,.. not only is Detroit taking on GB at home but they are also taking on the GB Referees. LOL I hope Detroit does win but I'm placing my pick on GB.

Also, I'm picking Washington will win in Miami. With Gruden gone and Haskins finally in as QB, I think the Skins will enter with renewed life and energy. Granted that's not saying a whole lot since anybody on the Skins team that DOES have any talent is out due to injuries. I don't expect this to be a pretty game but I feel Washington will pull it off.

And on National TV. This is the Ref's chance to SHINE!
Post 8 IP   flag post

Post 9 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder I am with you on Washington having an excellent chance this week. With a new coach coming in, everything the Redskins have shown on tape so far goes out the window. Miami has absolutely no idea what to prepare for, which definitely is an advantage for the Skins.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Bill Callahan essentially ran the Raiders into the ground after taking over for Gruden. Yeah, they reached the Super Bowl, then did nothing for 15 years. The Skins may have a slight uptick in play (usually happens for a bit after the interim HC takes over). They're a mess though. Snyder is the worst thing to happen to the Redskins. I'm going with the Dolphins.
Post 11 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley as we know very well here in Detroit, you can’t fire the owner! At least Mrs. Ford seems to have a little more on the ball than the late Mr. Ford, who, in my opinion, cared more about surrounding himself with sycophants and good old boys than winning championships. I think that the uptick in play after an interim coach takes over is largely due to the unpredictability when someone new has the final say over the game plan. It quickly disappears after opposing teams have a couple weeks of tape to look at. I haven’t firmly decided who I am taking this week, but I do think the change will give the Skins some advantage.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Bill Callahan essentially ran the Raiders into the ground after taking over for Gruden. Yeah, they reached the Super Bowl, then did nothing for 15 years. The Skins may have a slight uptick in play (usually happens for a bit after the interim HC takes over). They're a mess though. Snyder is the worst thing to happen to the Redskins. I'm going with the Dolphins.

I agree
Post 13 IP   flag post
I found out yesterday the reason the NE fans outnumbered the Washington fans is because before the game Wash ticket holders were selling to NE and scoring some extra cash. LOL

How embarrassing!

Redskins president Bruce Allen blames the Skins fans when actually he should be blaming the Skins organization.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O When do the weekly winners receive their free Modern submission voucher?

@sborock
Post 15 IP   flag post
This may be the toughest week to call yet. Outside of the Thursday night game, none of these games are a gimme. I went back and forth on just about every single game.

I decided to pick against both of the league’s biggest Jekyll and Hyde teams this week, those being Tampa Bay and Cleveland. Both teams have the potential to get a W this week, or they could fail spectacularly. Since they both burned me last week, I am going with the latter possibility.

The winner of the Dolphins-Redskins game may turn out to be the real loser, as the team that loses has to be considered the favorite for the first overall pick in next year’s draft. I am taking the Skins, since the coaching change should give them a spark, while the Dolphins have absolutely nothing to recommend them.

Minnesota-Philadelphia is probably the toughest call this week. I decided to go with Minnesota at home, but this should be one hell of a game!

And speaking of hell-of-a-games, I am taking the Lions on Monday night. Yes, I am a shameless homer, but I expect the Lions to show up and make a statement in this game. For those of you who would like some kind of statistic to back this pick up, I will point out that (if my memory is functioning correctly today) the Lions have won 3 straight at Green Bay and 5 of the last 6 overall against the Packers. I know that has absolutely no bearing on Monday’s game but it sure sounds good.

Almost forgot: I will go with 52 points for the tiebreaker.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Collector Gamecube2482 private msg quote post Address this user
My Panthers (with the exception of Luke and CMC) get to go over to London and suck this week.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Survivor pick this week is New England. I expect a lot of close games this week.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I’m sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user

Just to clarify my tiebreaker score is supposed to be 49.
Post 19 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user

Picking against my Rams again. Monday Night Score 27-24 Packers.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Here are my picks. I went with the Vikings ... surprise. If the same team that played this last game shows up, we stand a fair chance of winning. If not, the Eagles will tear us apart. I decided to go with Washington because I do agree that they might be the hungrier of the two. And as much as it kills me, I went with the Packers over the Lions. I will be cheering for the Lions, but I learned a long time ago not to go against the Pack at home on a Monday Night game.

Post 21 IP   flag post
Collector comic_book_man private msg quote post Address this user

OK now that is just scary...we used the same dots. @Jesse_O
Post 22 IP   flag post
@comic_book_man lol!!!
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O At least your heart is in the right place, even if your little green dot isn’t. Minnesota will be coming to Ford Field week 7. Should be a hoot!
Post 24 IP   flag post
I just noticed @Studley_Dudley and I have the exact same picks except for the Washington / Miami game. And we both have the same Monday Night Total Points (57).

I'm thinking...
Green Bay - 34
Detroit - 23
Post 25 IP   flag post
Oh, and back to my earlier rant about firing Jay Gruden (head coach) of the Redskins... do I think this was necessary, YES. Do I think this move was the answer to make the Redskins contenders again, NO. It is the fault of the entire organization... primarily Dan Snyder. DS wants to be like Jerry Jones (Dallas),.. meddle in the personnel and play calling.. he's just not as openly verbal as JJ. The Redskins will go nowhere as long as Snyder is the owner.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Dan Snyder is inept as an owner, but Bruce Allen needs to be the other one to get the boot. It looks as if Snyder has stepped back a little more lately, but will side with Allen whenever a power struggle looks like it might start.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I just noticed @Studley_Dudley and I have the exact same picks except for the Washington / Miami game. And we both have the same Monday Night Total Points (57).

I'm thinking...
Green Bay - 34
Detroit - 23

Green Bay 59
Detroit -2
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
Dan Snyder is inept as an owner, but Bruce Allen needs to be the other one to get the boot. It looks as if Snyder has stepped back a little more lately, but will side with Allen whenever a power struggle looks like it might start.

No kidding! I watched the interview with Bruce Allen and his responses were acutely transparent.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
I apologize to all the teams I chose to win*, who will go on to lose this week.
That said, since Eli is benched, and this isn't a Super Bowl, New England should outscore the Giants.

*Except Seattle.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601537 82 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?