Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
I had understood there is a product made now, that you plug into your electric outlet...it produces a sonic pitch noise that literally is harmful to rodents but inpossible for the human ear to detect. ….apparently it serves both as a deterrent for them to enter and they tend to pack their bags and leave when these are installed.

I have never looked into it very hard since I own Grimlock the Destroyer cat, but if I were wanting something that might be a way to go, although I am not familiar with how household pets take to the thing either.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
I had understood there is a product made now, that you plug into your electric outlet...it produces a sonic pitch noise that literally is harmful to rodents but inpossible for the human ear to detect. ….apparently it serves both as a deterrent for them to enter and they tend to pack their bags and leave when these are installed.

I have never looked into it very hard since I own Grimlock the Destroyer cat, but if I were wanting something that might be a way to go, although I am not familiar with how household pets take to the thing either.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector Black_Katze private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you
Post 28 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicninja0215
Silica packs wouldn't help would they??

Not unless you're wanting to keep the mice dry.
Post 29 IP   flag post
No lol I want it gone lol
Post 30 IP   flag post

If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I have found that old fashioned mouse traps work the best.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson well... if you have to kill them then a quick snapping of their necks (old fashioned rat-trap) is better than the tacky/sticky paper... they die a slow death by dehydration or starvation or bleeding out if they eat their own feet off trying to get away.... the paper is just cruel....
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Some well placed c-4 and...adios rodente' !

https://youtu.be/3lYm0c7gYyU
Post 33 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Some well placed c-4 and...adios rodente' !

https://youtu.be/3lYm0c7gYyU

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user

Here is Kirby my comic book protector. She is an indoor/outdoor cat and a killer. I love to watch her hunt.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
If you do release (and I can't remember the exact number) you need to transport them well away from your house. I believe it's a mile, but I've heard as far as 3 miles is required.
Post 36 IP   flag post

I’ve used these before in my garage, very effective and easy to use.
Post 37 IP   flag post
@Black_Katze

Ty!!!!
Post 38 IP   flag post
@Comicninja0215
I found peanut butter works best
Post 39 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
If you do release (and I can't remember the exact number) you need to transport them well away from your house. I believe it's a mile, but I've heard as far as 3 miles is required.

I did that at first, but I got tired of taking them for a ride every night. Then I wondered if some were coming back. So no more mister nice guy.
Post 40 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
Quote:

I did that at first, but I got tired of taking them for a ride every night. Then I wondered if some were coming back. So no more mister nice guy.

My former CEO had possums invade his home. He had a cat door and they let themselves in.
Anyways, he tried relocating them, a few miles away, but they found their way back. (I have no idea how you can tell one possum from the other, but maybe I dont pay enough attention)

Regardless, my point is some animals find their way back. Especially if the living arrangements were hospitable.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock Tedsaid private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

If you use the humane trap, my guy told me mice actually can't see very well, and so they tend to follow the walls. That's where you want to put the trap.

And if you see the actual mouse, the best way to trap him yourself is by simply throwing a t-shirt on him. I learned that the hard way, after trying to haplessly capture a hoping mouse in a box with a lid. It was an exercise in futility. Though the cats enjoyed the show...
Post 42 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
I think we have super rats. Tried the topcat, regular mouse traps (have 12 traps and caught only one) we tried peanut butter, heard taffy was crack to them, but no luck, I did try the sticky paper, totally inhuman but when your desperate you'll use anything. Found the sticky paper traps moved with fur stuck to it but they were able to get out. Used the green bars ( which worked for the longest duration without incident, but they quit eating the poison. Have a cat, found him tied and gagged (just Kidding), have a Queensland's healer/chihuahua mix that is a BEAST, catches gophers, Moles, rats, squirrels and rabbits. My nickname for her is carcass killer (I know it dumb). The catch and release is what I'm using now. Had plan on bring them to someone who has a snake, haven't had luck finding one yet so I have a pellet gun that I pop them with. Where I live is rural living, I would rather put up with the rodents than put up with neighbors.
Post 43 IP   flag post
Collector KYoung_1974 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Katze
@Comicninja0215
I found peanut butter works best

I can second this on both the bait and the traps. I set one last Friday night, left for the weekend and it was sprung and waiting to be disposed of on Sunday.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
I was in pest control for over 20 years back in Australia.
Rodents front teeth continue to grow so they have to grind them down.
That's why they can and will chew thru concrete, plastic and other hard surfaces.
Baits are very effective but you have to watch where they drop as they will stink up the place. I've had to put a hammer thru the ceiling of a built in cupboard to remove a body. The rat was the size of a full grown domesticated cat. Only the front two teeth and tail stood out as a rat.
Also baits have a delayed affect on rodents when digested.
This is designed for rats as they can have a hierarchy and when a new food source is found they tend to let the juveniles feed first then will stake their claim.
The delayed reaction stops them becoming bait shy.
A problem with baits can also be thru secondary poisoning for other animals catching and feeding on the sick rodents.
I've had to use sticky traps in a confectionery processing plant once due to food production and no contamination with baits. It's not a pretty sight to use.
Traps will be the most effective if you buy the ones that will snap the neck clean and quickly. And using peanut butter as a source for the trap is very effective.
A more humane way is using traps that dont have a lethal kill to them.
You can use a food source like peanut butter to entice them. This is only good for mice though. Once they enter the trap they cannot leave. As they sqeek they attract other mice to investigate and they climb into the trap and do the same making a domino affect to remove the mice population cleanly from the infestation area.
Once collected you have to be sly and take them for a drive and release them somewhere else away from your property.
The plug in devices are rubbish. I'm old now but in my 30s I could hear the high pitch whine myself. Can't be heard from humans my @$$$$$$
So 3 solutions.
1 bait and hope they die in places you can get too.
2 trap and quick kill.
3 trap and release very far from your property.
Or there is another solution a cat that's not too lazy. 😀

Post 45 IP   flag post
597972 45 20
This topic is archived. Start new topic?